Wanted - 17' A floor plan - Kelowna BC - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #1

Trailer: None
Wanted - 17' A floor plan - Kelowna BC

We are looking for a used but in good condition 17' Escape trailer in the A floor plan (no washroom).

Prefer one located in BC but will consider if from southern Alberta as well.

Mike and Nicole
Kelowna BC
250 869-7463
Old 01-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDK View Post
We are looking for a used but in good condition 17' Escape trailer in the A floor plan (no washroom).

Prefer one located in BC but will consider if from southern Alberta as well.

Mike and Nicole
Kelowna BC
250 869-7463
Mike, we have a 2010 Plan A 17 which we will be selling but not right away unless we get a really good offer. It has the thermal windows, extra insulation, hot water, outdoor shower, extra access entries, four LED lights (one exterior),dual batteries (we have never run out of natural gas, even on long trips) and we had a cover made for the mattress that matches the interior upholstery. Plus we installed a towel rack, and really nice looking hooks for hanging towels and jackets. We love this trailer but because of age and other issues will be upgrading to a 19 with a bathroom. This trailer is in excellent condition. The graphics are green. We live about 8 miles south of the Huntington Border crossing (Sumas) in Washington State.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #3

Response - your trailer

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for letting us know. Would you be able to give us a ball park figure for what you need to get out of it? We'll need to learn a bit about possible border/duty fees associated with bringing a trailer in from the States. Also any regulatory requirements like safety inspections, etc. Do you know much about this stuff?

Could you email us some photos or share a cloud storage link (Eg. Dropbox) so we can see your trailer?

Thanks,

Mike and Nicole
MikeDKittmer@gmail.com
250 869-7463
Old 01-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #4

Hello Mike and Nicole,

I am not good at photo emailing but I could try. It will take a few days because we have the trailer under cover and Tim will have to get it out of the storage shed. He may not want to do this at this time. Anyway, it looks like all Escape 17 with green graphics. It is in excellent excellent condition. The only defect at all is a very small patch near the water pump switch which we ducktaped over to keep me from switching it on with my hip when unneeded (when we had electrical hook up). When we removed the tape a small patch of the finish came off. Also, I forgot to mention that Reece put in two doors under the bed so we have more access to that space for storage. He then moved the electrical outlet to between the two doors.

I imagine that Tammy or one of her crew at Escape could tell you about any customs issues in bringing the trailer back across.

We see that there is a 15 foot 2010 advertised out of Escape on their main page for $17,500 American. We would have to get more than that. We were hoping to be able to camp this last summer since a 19 trailer for us won't be ready until late fall but we would sell now if we get a good offer.
You are at about 6 hours from us over the Kokahela HW and HW 1. We ski at Silver Star every few years so know this drive (and love it!).

In case you wonder, we have never worked with better folks than the Escape folks. And if you saw an American Experience documentary on the US PBS Television on the Amish in the US, there is a scene where they work in a travel trailer assembly factory...such fast shoddy work! You would appreciate the care that goes into the construction of an Escape. This trailer will last for years.

We had been tent campers but decided to move up so in retirement we could get out earlier and out of the elements. It was a great decision.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #5

Your trailer

Thanks for getting back to me. Don't worry about the photos if the trailer is stored for the winter.

We'll discuss further and try to get some info about duty costs, etc. Not sure we can go with such a new one as yours given our budget but we'll consider and be in touch if we can do it.

Thanks again,

Mike and Nicole
Old 01-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #6

17 a

Mike, take your time....an important decision. I see on the Escape home page that they have lowered the asking price for the 15 foot.