Wanted: 19' Escape - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
As most of you know, I currently own a oldy but goody 16' Scamp Deluxe. Love this little trailer. However, it is NOT comfortable for me when I have to be inside for more than about two days because of the weather. Wrong layout. Planning for the future, I saw Dave's & Kathie's 17' Casita FD. GREAT! Comfortable seating in the Captains chairs... my bucket fit the bucket. And, Kathie had appointed the interior in elegance, without glamping. Made me go hummm.

Then I saw the 19' Escape. Nice, nice trailer. Thought about having the rear bed modified by ETI to make that the seating and changing the front dinette to the bed. (I don't like looking at my tug while relaxing and dining, I know what my tug looks like... want a view!). But... the counter space is no bigger than what's in my Scamp. Too small IMHO. But still made me go hummm.

Then I saw the 21' Escape at the Oregon Gathering last year. SWOON. Exact layout I want. Front bed, rear dinette and look at the counter space! This is it, this is it.... then

Reace posted in September about the new 5er coming out. Absolutely, positively perfect FOR ME. The rest is history. 115 DAYS TO PICKUP!

Good luck with your decision. It's a tough call.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargofool View Post
I really am interested in why people pick the 19 over the 21, so thanks for sharing.

Secondly, I just really enjoy reading your posts!
Having owned both, I can give you my answer. The extra width and length makes the 21' feel so much larger inside, but from the outside and weight wise it doesn't appear to be. All you best campground views seem to be in the rear and with the rear dinette you can take advantage of such. No more climbing over another individual with the bed, you each now have you own access. Storage, seems unlimited, just a better layout for the small size increase.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
If you really need the extra width and length, there are other options besides the 21 or the 5ver.
Attached Thumbnails
PerDUnk.jpg