2014 (12th Annual) Oregon Gathering - Bandon, OR - July 17-20, 2014 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2014, 07:30 PM   #41

Trailer: No more Escape 21
Maybe the Donna D "this way to my Escape 5.0 TA" ??
Old 07-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #42

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I just wanted to thank you all for coming to Bandon just so we could tour your Escapes and to ask you endless questions.

We really appreciate your time and your patience answering our questions.

Grant
Grant & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:51 AM   #43
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm HOME! Actually got home about 3pm yesterday. Good trip north. Ten Forward tows wonderfully well. SWOON! I love, love, love this trailer

95 registered all molded towables, 105 showed up! Trailer tours were a hit. I had a bunch of visitors. Fortunately for me, Reace and Tammy were there with their 5.0TA, I got a picture of them just as they were getting ready to leave on Sunday. I don't know how they do it though. I yacked for 2-1/2 hours and was exhausted. A good kinda tired.

There can't be anyone that had any more fun than me at the Oregon Gathering. It was terrific meeting new folks and reconnecting with old friends once again. I thank you ALL for helping me make more glorious memories. Packed in a ton of fun in a week from food, walking, visiting and on and on.

There's changes coming to the Oregon Gathering starting in 2015. THAT is a good thing. One thing that will never change is the connection and fun folks have at Bullard's. For those that have never attended an OG, next year will be just as much fun. Not Organized is a wonderful thing!

My many thanks to the Hostess with the Mostess Chris Tom-Albertson. This 12th Oregon Gathering was hughly successful due to her hardwork and organizational skills. It wouldn't have happened without her. And THAT's a FACT.

Safe travels, always.
Attached Thumbnails
R-T_07-10-14.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Well, Donna, my major question was how you liked the trailer, and I guess you answered that! :-)
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm HOME! Actually got home about 3pm yesterday. Good trip north. Ten Forward tows wonderfully well. SWOON! I love, love, love this trailer

95 registered all molded towables, 105 showed up! Trailer tours were a hit. I had a bunch of visitors. Fortunately for me, Reace and Tammy were there with their 5.0TA, I got a picture of them just as they were getting ready to leave on Sunday. I don't know how they do it though. I yacked for 2-1/2 hours and was exhausted. A good kinda tired.

There can't be anyone that had any more fun than me at the Oregon Gathering. It was terrific meeting new folks and reconnecting with old friends once again. I thank you ALL for helping me make more glorious memories. Packed in a ton of fun in a week from food, walking, visiting and on and on.

There's changes coming to the Oregon Gathering starting in 2015. THAT is a good thing. One thing that will never change is the connection and fun folks have at Bullard's. For those that have never attended an OG, next year will be just as much fun. Not Organized is a wonderful thing!

My many thanks to the Hostess with the Mostess Chris Tom-Albertson. This 12th Oregon Gathering was hughly successful due to her hardwork and organizational skills. It wouldn't have happened without her. And THAT's a FACT.

Safe travels, always.
Donna, thank you for the touring of your beautiful trailer. I will be there next year in my new 5.0 TA, due for delivery on Dec. 15.
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Looks like some pretty funky dance steps happening here, wanna fill us in?

http://lakeshoreimages.com/images389/_DSC3752.jpg
HA! That was me giving the "go" sign for the Beer Exchange (AKA Mad Dash).
Old 07-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #47
Site Team

Thanks for sharing all the pictures Jon. What a great way to relive some great times. I always seem to carry my camera, but am so busy looking I forget to take any pictures! You've really come through once again.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #48

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
HA! That was me giving the "go" sign for the Beer Exchange (AKA Mad Dash).
Darn, I was hoping to learn a few new dance steps when I can make it down. Oh well, beer is good too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #49

Quote:

Safe travels, always.
Donna, you mentioned changes for the 2015 gathering, can you elaborate?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #50
Site Team

Mike, Chris and I couldn't get anyone to step up and take over as Wagonmaster. Chris did an absolute superb job of organizing this event. She is a project manager extraordinaire! She has this down to a checklist... but still. So with discussions with others, including Nancy Wolf the original Oregon Gathering founder it was decided to make it a Not Organized Oregon Gathering (NOOG).

This is the information Gene Layton posted on the CasitaForum for next year:

The dates for the 2015 Oregon Gathering held at Bullard's Beach State Park in Bandon, Oregon will be July 16th thru 19th

The gathering will have a major change for 2015 as we will be getting back to the basics and a lot will be done online, such as online rosters, agendas, signs, name tags, etc.

There will be no permits purchased from the Oregon State Parks as in previous years so no large potluck in the grassy area (potlucks can still be done in the individual sites)

Since there will be no need for permits etc, no need for money donations

There will be no "giveaways" so no item donations are needed

There will be no registration "booth" as this will all be done online so not necessary

Any participant can do a "workshop" or "event" of their choosing in their own site which will be published on an online agenda

The registration will still be done here online and the map will be kept up to date of "who is coming"

Stay tuned - more to come later.

Tons of people are still planning to attend! Several folks were walking around looking for 3-5 sites that were "connected" and big enough to hold the potluck, etc.

I'm expecting this will be very, very succesful.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #51

Quote:
Mike, Chris and I couldn't get anyone to step up and take over as Wagonmaster. Chris did an absolute superb job of organizing this event. She is a project manager extraordinaire! She has this down to a checklist... but still. So with discussions with others, including Nancy Wolf the original Oregon Gathering founder it was decided to make it a Not Organized Oregon Gathering (NOOG).

This is the information Gene Layton posted on the CasitaForum for next year:

The dates for the 2015 Oregon Gathering held at Bullard's Beach State Park in Bandon, Oregon will be July 16th thru 19th

The gathering will have a major change for 2015 as we will be getting back to the basics and a lot will be done online, such as online rosters, agendas, signs, name tags, etc.

There will be no permits purchased from the Oregon State Parks as in previous years so no large potluck in the grassy area (potlucks can still be done in the individual sites)

Since there will be no need for permits etc, no need for money donations

There will be no "giveaways" so no item donations are needed

There will be no registration "booth" as this will all be done online so not necessary

Any participant can do a "workshop" or "event" of their choosing in their own site which will be published on an online agenda

The registration will still be done here online and the map will be kept up to date of "who is coming"

Stay tuned - more to come later.

Tons of people are still planning to attend! Several folks were walking around looking for 3-5 sites that were "connected" and big enough to hold the potluck, etc.

I'm expecting this will be very, very succesful.
Donna, thank you for the update, we will be in attendance in our new 5.0 TA. According to Tammy, reservations will begin in November?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba55 View Post
Donna, thank you for the update, we will be in attendance in our new 5.0 TA. According to Tammy, reservations will begin in November?
Mike this is the Oregon Gathering... not the Escape Rally. For the Oregon State Park system, you can make reservations exactly nine months in advance of the date of your ARRIVAL. I typically make my reservations in October. Previous years, Bullard's Beach State Park was full by Christmas for the gathering weekend. Fortunately, you can make your reservations and if you can't make it you can cancel 4 days before you're due to arrive and get all you money back except the $8 fee.

I still don't know if I'll be there or not. I AM going to the Escape Rally... need to start checking items off the bucket list. Dang work anyway... interferes in my fun!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #53

Quote:
Mike this is the Oregon Gathering... not the Escape Rally. For the Oregon State Park system, you can make reservations exactly nine months in advance of the date of your ARRIVAL. I typically make my reservations in October. Previous years, Bullard's Beach State Park was full by Christmas for the gathering weekend. Fortunately, you can make your reservations and if you can't make it you can cancel 4 days before you're due to arrive and get all you money back except the $8 fee.

I still don't know if I'll be there or not. I AM going to the Escape Rally... need to start checking items off the bucket list. Dang work anyway... interferes in my fun!
Donna, yes I understood your message was for the Oregon gathering in July. I also plan to go the Escape rally in Canada. I hear its a blast!! Thanks again.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #54

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Dang work anyway... interferes in my fun!
No kidding!!! Going to the Escape Rally, where most folks are retired, and having a relaxed schedule, gets me thinking about my own retirement, or at least redefining how I work. I would so love to have more time to travel. I have been saying for over 5 years that I am retiring in 5 years. Methinks it is time to knock that down to only a couple years now.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote