2014 Escape Trailer Rally - Organized Activities - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
Lightbulb 2014 Escape Trailer Rally - Organized Activities

Hello Everyone,

Last year Gale and Betty organized a Boccia Ball tournament, unfortunately Gale and Betty are unable to attend this years Rally.

So we are looking for others to step in and offer some organized activities. If you have any ideas or want to plan something, please start a separate thread. We already have one suggestion, without taking to much wind out of Jim and Robin J's "Flag" here is a clippit of what was has been suggested:

Jim and Robin have suggested that this year it would be nice if we could do an "Open House". This seems like a great way for everyone to see how you have decorated, what modifications (if any), how you have arranged things and so forth to your unit.

Further details to be posted by Jim and Robin

Tammy
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
An open house was, to us, the highlight of the Townsend Eggscursion rally that we attended. It was simply a couple of hours designated where those who wished, allowed others the opportunity to look at the inside of their campers. Most importantly, by being designated, it gave us an opportunity to straighten up before allowing visitors to see how messy we usually are.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Is that not where you viewed my Escape 19 last year, Ray?
Old 04-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #4

I'm planning on serving drinks at my "open house"….draft beer on tap!!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Kathy and I are all in for an open house. We sort of had one last year once everyone found out about our "screen saver" and the mini Escapes on the railroad flatcar . It would be great to do it on a much larger scale. With the number of registrants this year, we could likely set aside an entire afternoon. I would love to see what others have done and just chew the fat.

Doug
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'll run the NFB movie "Caravaners" on loop on my 13" wide screen TV ( can't remember if the movie is wide screen )

Plot is as follows:

The three hundred Airstream trailers that are prowling the highways of British Columbia represent a new breed of nomad. Too active to just sit at home, but too cautious to strike out on their own, these retired couples have signed up for an organized caravan tour sponsored by the company that manufactures the trailers. Few surprises are in store for the group, but then they're never alone, and they don't have to worry about the day's route or entertainment.

Runs 27 minutes 44 seconds.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm planning on serving drinks at my "open house"….draft beer on tap!!
Seriously?! I don't think I will make it past your trailer.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
"Caravaners, It's time to open your windows!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'll run the NFB movie "Caravaners" on loop on my 13" wide screen TV ( can't remember if the movie is wide screen )
My VHS copy of "Caravaners" predates wide screen by a few decades. It depicts a large group of Airstream owners on an expedition through BC's Cariboo country, where I lived at the time, and taking wise precautions like pulling all the trailers into a circle in the CG each night. They obviously had inside information about us locals.

The "activities coordinator", complete with clipboard and gymnasium voice, is just full of energy and ideas for activities. Pure National Film Board gold!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Darn! We forgot to install a VHS player in Bon Oeuf
Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #10

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Kathy and I were just talking about the open house. It sounds like it could be like herding cats . How about this...Go down the row of Escapes and give each owner a number, alternating between 1 and 2. Then, designate from say, noon to 3 for the number 1's to go around and visit the number 2's. Then at 3, the number 2's go around and visit the number 1's until 6pm. That way, there will be someone "home" all the time and it will be somewhat organized.

Comments?

Doug
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:30 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
Please don't leave out those of us with "Guest" status, whose Escapes haven't hatched yet, out of any "open house" plans. You'll all be welcome to tour ours at next year's rally.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 15B
Robin and I thoroughly enjoyed the rally last year, but had one thought that we think would improve our experience. There didn't seem to be an organized way to visit the inside of trailers and see how owners had decorated, made modifications, arranged things, and so forth. We would have liked an "Open House" opportunity to tour the inside of trailers. We're a bit bashful and don't feel right about just knocking on doors and asking for a tour.

So, here's what we're thinking. We're going to buy about 100 4 inch by 6 inch Canadian flags that have small stick on the side and deliver them to Tammy for distribution at registration. When people are available for an Open House for their unit, they just place the stick flag next to their name/trailer placard and everyone knows they are available for inside tours. If no flag is out, then they don't want to be bothered for tours. Of course, Saturday night after dinner would seem like a great time for a whole lot of folks to conduct their Open House. Might be fun to wander through the park!

What do you think?
JimJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 AM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
Darn! We forgot to install a VHS player in Bon Oeuf
Don't need one. Now available on DVD. My buddy Chuck and I inquired of the NFB about Caravaners on DVD and they said they were converting movies to digital, as consumer demand required.
So, we both sent emails, and shortly after were informed that it was now available on DVD.
You're welcome.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:57 AM   #14

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Is that not where you viewed my Escape 19 last year, Ray?
Afraid not, we saw a 19' at the rally in 2010 - the only one we went to.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
A simple idea that would work great, Jim. Maybe Escape could provide little Escape Trailer flags?

I have never been bashful about asking to view a trailer, but I know a few that wanted to see things I did were a bit hesitant.

I would not focus on any one time though, especially Saturday night, as it is when folks are gathered together having cocktails and socializing.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:14 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: JimJ... At Niagara Wine Escape we designate Sat. am. for "Open Door" tours...but it seems that anytime during the rally that the door's open tours are avail. Doing a 5 cent tour thing you can make enough change to buy lunch!!! LoL Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1020204.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #17

Yes, as long as the door is open and we are dressed. you are welcome to visit, we will even leave the light on for you at night…..
Old 05-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #18

Trailer: No RV for now.
I like the "flag" idea. Some folks may not feel like opening up their trailer. This would give those who would like to check out different models an easy way of knowing when they are welcome to visit. I liked the idea of an assigned time as well, breaking it into two periods (even, odds or whatever). We have usually found that if folks are "home," they are quite welcoming to any who have wanted to take a look. But with so many folks at the rally this year, I think a bit of organizing this would be great.
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #19

Trailer: 2013 15B
The small flags have been purchased and sent to ETI. Tammy will distribute them with your welcome packet and you can display it whenever you want to welcome guests.
JimJ is offline   Reply With Quote