2014, May 8-11: Moab UT - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
ksb

Trailer: _
2014, May 8-11: Moab UT

2014, May 8-11: Moab, UT

Group campground D has been reserved for May 8-11 (checkout May 11 at noon).

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/recreation/campgrounds/group_campgrounds/gold_bar_reservable.html

Max # of folks is 30; max # of trailers is 15. No hookups. Contact us via this post or pm to reserve space. Thanks!

More details to follow….
Attached Thumbnails
campground 2.JPG   campground1.JPG   area map.JPG  
ksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #2

Trailer: none
We're in! It will be our first rally...nice that it will be a smallish group. Let us know what is expected of participants. Thanks for organizing this!
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
I visited this campground several years ago while climbing to Corona Arch. The trail head for the arch is across the street from the campground. This is a beautiful area, such a contrast with the green of the Colorado River bank and brown of desert right next to it. There are many interesting pictographs visible from the road on the drive into Gold Bar. You will usually find climbers in those same areas. Stop and talk to the persons below doing the belay, they will have lots of time on their hands and some good stories. These people know the area.

We happened to be in the area when there was a sudden storm. The canyon walls were one massive water fall. Rain has no where to go so it tumbles off in drops of 400-500 feet. It was spectacular but extremely dangerous if you were exposed.

Across the river is Kane Creek Canyon Road, access requires a return to Moab, but another beautiful drive. Four wheel is good but not required. A strong disposition helps. With a good off road vehicle we made it to Chicken Corners and the family still talks about the ride. This is all BLM land and we were surprised to see RV trailers in the back country, all taking advantaged of dispersed camping.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
ksb

fudge brownie

that's great info. thank you.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
We would like to reserve a spot. Please let me know if sites are still available. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #6
ksb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
We would like to reserve a spot. Please let me know if sites are still available. Thanks.
yes, have added your name to our list. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
ksb

We are compiling a list of folks who plan to attend the Moab Rally....The group campground allows a maximum of 30 people and a maximum of 15 trailers.

We ask that those interested commit to 3 nights, with pre-payment made by March 20. So far we have 6 trailers confirmed.

The cost is $3.50 per person per night. Total cost for 1 person and 1 trailer is $10.50 for 3 nights.

Once we hear from you, we will send a PM with more payment info.....spring can't get here soon enough...

Thanks everyone for your interest.

...fun fact...
Old 02-03-2014, 09:31 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17B
This is a beautiful place! I've spotted the campground from the Corona Arch TH a couple of times and thought it was a place I'd love to stay. The hike to Corona Arch is a must - not too strenuous, slightly hairy in one or two spots, but totally worth it. Take the time to drive up Kane Creek Canyon Road as fudge_brownie suggests. See if you can make it to Hoorah Pass - a fair ways in on Kane Springs Road with a great view (don't try it if it's very wet, however). The "Birthing Rock" petroglyphs are just a few miles up the KCC Road from Moab and worth a look. We're only 4.5 hours away in SLC but, unfortunately, don't take delivery of our 17B until July :-(. Have a wonderful time in Utah's red rock country!

Scott and Linda
ScottJUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
If this was an annual thing, I would be inclined to make it in 2015. And with Scott as a local(ish) tour guide, what a bonus.

BTW, welcome Scott and Linda to the site. I see this is your first post. Have you had your trailer long?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 17B
Hi Jim. Been reading your posts in numerous threads for several weeks now and enjoying them greatly! Linda and I don't take delivery of our 17B (our first Escape) until end of July. It's highly likely that one of our first trips, after towing it back home from Chilliwack, will be to Moab (although it can be pretty warm down there in August). Last few trips there have actually been in mid January with a a group of friends - eating, drinking and hiking way too much! Incredible to see the red rock covered in snow and ice, and NO crowds! Since you have no AC on your Escape, as I recall, late fall/early spring would be a good time for you to visit. Even early May can get a little warm sometimes, the the nights are still cool/cold. If you've never been, you need to see Moab!
ScottJUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I saw that in another post that you are waiting for the hatching of your new trailer, Scott. Lots of fun deciding on options to do. I was in Southern Utah at the end of September, and early October, in 2012. Half the time was at Bryce Canyon where daytime temps got fairly hot, but nights cooled down real nice, but we spent a bunch of time at Zion, and it was very hot by my Alberta standards, but the fan going did keep us cool enough at night. I would soooo love to take my mountain bike down to Moab, my brother and I are tentatively planning for 2015, but talking about fall.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #12
ksb

great info Scott & Linda, thank you.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #13

Trailer: 2011 17B
One more New Mexican wishes to sign up.

Bob
swamibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamibob View Post
One more New Mexican wishes to sign up.

Bob
Hey Bob...where in New Mexico and what trailer do you have?
Sold both 7/22
Old 02-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #15
ksb

We have 2 spaces remaining for the Moab rally (We have a total of 13 trailers confirmed so far). Let us know soon if you are interested. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:51 AM   #16

Trailer: 2011 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLNM View Post
Hey Bob...where in New Mexico and what trailer do you have?
I'm in Santa Fe and have a 2010 17B towed with a 2003 4Runner V8. I should update my profile. When I picked up my trailer in Chilliwack, mine was the only New Mexico pushpin on the map in the Escape office. If you have last years calendar you'll see my rig near the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta with a sky-full of balloons above it.

Haven't had confirmation of my registration yet. Hope I'm in. Will send money when directed.

Bob
swamibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #17
ksb

Bob,

sent you a PM yesterday, let me know if you did not receive it.

ksb

Quote:
I'm in Santa Fe and have a 2010 17B towed with a 2003 4Runner V8. I should update my profile. When I picked up my trailer in Chilliwack, mine was the only New Mexico pushpin on the map in the Escape office. If you have last years calendar you'll see my rig near the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta with a sky-full of balloons above it.

Haven't had confirmation of my registration yet. Hope I'm in. Will send money when directed.

Bob
Old 02-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #18

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Hey Bob, great to hear you'll be there. Corrales Dave and I were talking about you the other day and he was thinking to they might go, too.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #19

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
moab

PM sent,
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #20

Quote:

Bob
Great! With your entry we will have all the known Escapes in NM in attendance! 17, 19's and Classic 5.0!
Sold both 7/22