2015 Escape Trailer Customer Appreciation Rally - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-09-2015, 12:10 AM   #121

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Ah heck, where's your adventurous spirit. Now grits, that's another story! I think you hit on the American equivalent of the p-word. I grew up on those things and to this day, grits and eggs is one if my fav's but lots of folks don't like them. I think I saw cheese grits on the breakfast pot luck menu. Looking forward to that!

Hey Carl, sorry if we get under your skin. We do get carried away, but between it all, there's lots of good trailer talk and problem solving.

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:41 AM   #122

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yessireee, grits is a word dear to my heart,

Between grits and scrapple, the only thing better is rhubarb pie!! I make my grits with some cheese and jalapeño, with eggs with scrapple on the side. If that doesn't get you going, then you already have one foot in the grave!!
Old 05-09-2015, 07:05 AM   #123

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
Can you tell we are getting excited?
We will be arriving on Wednesday but the attached countdown clock is set for the official start day
2015 Escape Trailer Customer Appreciation Rally - Countdown
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #124

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Ah heck, where's your adventurous spirit. Now grits, that's another story! I think you hit on the American equivalent of the p-word. I grew up on those things and to this day, grits and eggs is one if my fav's but lots of folks don't like them. I think I saw cheese grits on the breakfast pot luck menu. Looking forward to that!

Hey Carl, sorry if we get under your skin. We do get carried away, but between it all, there's lots of good trailer talk and problem solving.

Greg
Greg, Thanks, but I wouldn't say anyone got under my skin.

I was just making an observation, or perhaps I should say stating an opinion, and I recognize and respect the fact that others may have differing opinions. It is just that I joined this forum when I decided to get rid of my Scamp 19 (didn't like the cramped sleeping arrangement and need to crawl over one another in the middle of the night, and, the single axle which always caused me concern) and ordered a 5.0TA. The reason I joined you specifically mentioned, for "lots of good trailer talk and problem solving" especially when it comes to Escapes. I cannot thank the members of this forum enough for the assistance and advice they have provided me in the process of selecting options. It is a long list and a few of them have gone out of their way to answer multiple questions.

While the poutine comments were humorous for a while, they have become ridiculously childish and silly. Not necessarily when someone provides a recipe or indicates they will bring it to a potluck, but there are a few members who, IMHO, seem to think it needs to be injected into to every thread possible in what I have come to consider a feeble attempt at humor. While I enjoy a good joke or humorous anecdote as well as the next guy, I would like to read a thread now and then that has not been twisted to include the P word. My preference, and we are all entitled to our preferences, would be an emphasis on good trailer talk and problem solving. I'm not in any way suggesting eliminating the good natured fun, but as I stated in my previous post, the poutine thing is a dead horse that continues to be beaten. It just isn't funny any more and a few members, again my opinion, have been slow to recognize that. And please understand, it is not my intention to offend anyone with my opinions. Obviously, when we are sitting around a campfire we can clarify our statements immediately when someone takes umbrage. But I doubt there is a single member here that has at one time or another written a post where the intent was misinterpreted by someone else.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:24 AM   #125

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Can you tell we are getting excited?
We will be arriving on Wednesday but the attached countdown clock is set for the official start day
2015 Escape Trailer Customer Appreciation Rally - Countdown
: we be be there on the Wed. as well .....can't wait to get going !
Old 05-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #126

Trying to decide if we should stop in Leavenworth,Wa Tuesday or just continue to Osoyoos and arrive late Tuesday night . Is the cg accessible after hours?
Old 05-09-2015, 08:46 AM   #127

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Trying to decide if we should stop in Leavenworth,Wa Tuesday or just continue to Osoyoos and arrive late Tuesday night . Is the cg accessible after hours?
Two cents worth, amidst all your other variables - Leavenworth is one cool village and worth a stop if you have never been there.
soultrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:03 AM   #128

I think I found my answer, I looked at last years photos and there is an entrance gate. So Leavenworth it is. Thanks for the tip, Glenn.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:13 AM   #129

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
We do get carried away, but between it all, there's lots of good trailer talk and problem solving.
Exactly.

Sure, some of the side track topics get a bit carried away, but it is things like that, that make this a warm and friendly community. If we just stuck with tech talk only, it would make the site more cold an boring. From day one, this site has had lots of humour injected amongst the knowledge sharing.

And through it all, we do manage to pass along lots, and lots, of good information to other members, which is the main purpose of this site.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #130

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Dittos! Isn't camping supposed to be fun?

G
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:11 AM   #131

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
...While the poutine comments were humorous for a while, they have become ridiculously childish and silly. Not necessarily when someone provides a recipe or indicates they will bring it to a potluck, but there are a few members who, IMHO, seem to think it needs to be injected into to every thread possible in what I have come to consider a feeble attempt at humor. While I enjoy a good joke or humorous anecdote as well as the next guy, I would like to read a thread now and then that has not been twisted to include the P word. My preference, and we are all entitled to our preferences, would be an emphasis on good trailer talk and problem solving. I'm not in any way suggesting eliminating the good natured fun, but as I stated in my previous post, the poutine thing is a dead horse that continues to be beaten. It just isn't funny any more and a few members, again my opinion, have been slow to recognize that. And please understand, it is not my intention to offend anyone with my opinions. Obviously, when we are sitting around a campfire we can clarify our statements immediately when someone takes umbrage. But I doubt there is a single member here that has at one time or another written a post where the intent was misinterpreted by someone else.
Best approach is to just ignore talk of poutine and it will eventually die out and go away. Ranting on about it only stirs things up again and delays its inevitable death. IMHO.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
Best approach is to just ignore talk of poutine and it will eventually die out and go away. Ranting on about it only stirs things up again and delays its inevitable death. IMHO.
Truth!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #133

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B (sold); Currently 2013 19
I'm with you Carl, it's getting really old. The fine line between being witty and being annoying has been crossed but not everyone gets that social cue.
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:24 PM   #134

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, previously 2006 17B
We have just Booked!!!!

Last week we arranged to meet our new grandson and his parents from Calgary in the North Okanogan on May 31st for a fly fishing trip.
Realizing the N'Kmip Escape Rally was the same weekend and that were leaving on the 28th we decided to attend the Rally in Osoyoos. Love the deck of the N'Kmip winery on the same property.
We are Gerry & Verna Warren from Sidney BC and our Burmese cat "Papineau" Also attending will be our well traveled 2006 Escape 17B. Look for the green canoe.
Escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #135

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Best Fries in Every State,

Click if you dare...

The best fries in every state - Business Insider

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
Best Fries in Every State,

Click if you dare...

The best fries in every state - Business Insider

Careful now, some folks have heard enough of this talk.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Careful now, some folks have heard enough of this talk.
So we shouldn't share this "revelation " to us - that this delicacy also comes dehydrated in a bag !
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0043.jpg  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #138

Okay Gabi, that is a little scary. LOL
Old 05-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #139

That is a PC product from RCSS .....had no clue ... Kind of spicy ....Quebequios style it says ??
Old 05-15-2015, 04:33 PM   #140

I guess, until one tries it, one should not prematurely rule out of.