2015 Escape Trailer Rally - Itinerary - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2015, 12:50 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
2015 Escape Trailer Rally - Itinerary

Hello Everyone,

We recently sent out the itinerary for the 2015 Escape Trailer Rally.

Just in case you did not receive a copy we have posted one below.
2015 Escape Trailer Rally

Welcome to the 6th Annual, 2015 Escape Trailer Rally. This is our fifth year at the Nk’Mip Campground in Osoyoos. There are currently 120 trailers registered for the rally. Some of these registrants are new to the Escape family, while others currently have their second or third or fifth Escape trailer and many have been a member of our Escape
family for several years now. Reace and I will be in site C60 this year. Please visit our site upon arrival for registration.

The Nk’Mip campground is located at the bottom of the hill with the cultural center above which offers plenty of information on local history, First Nation Heritage, and local wildlife. We hope you enjoy the scenery as much as we do.

We do not plan many activities during the rally as Osoyoos is a beautiful area for exploring. The
Tourist Information Center is the perfect place to begin as it is a great source of information on surrounding activities, local events and points of interest. As Osoyoos is located in the Wine Capital of BC you can count on some warm weather perfect for golfing, fishing, sailing etc. Be sure to stop by the Old Home Hardware Store which is located downtown and offers three floors to explore – Make sure you make it down into the basement! The Adega on 45th Estate Winery – Welcomes all Escape Rally Attendees. Just mention you are with the Escape Trailer Rally and they will be more than happy to provide you with a 10% discount. Their patio is also open and available for anyone who would like to take advantage of the view. Picnic lunches are welcome.

Escape ‘BINGO’ – For some extra fun this year…Please look in your registration package for an Escape Bingo Card. Take some time to meet your fellow Escapees and obtain the answers to the questions found on your card. Completed Bingo Cards will be entered in an additional draw for more prizes.

Trailer Tour - This year we will be coordination a semi organized trailer tour. There are many people attending the rally this year who have trailers on order and they would enjoy the opportunity to look at some of the Escapes. Throughout the rally if you wish to ‘display or show’ your trailer please hang the GREEN BALLOON found in your Welcome Bag on your trailer saying you are ‘Open’ for trailer tours.
Below is a schedule for the rally; we hope you enjoy yourself as much as possible! Please note all activities this
year will be located in the OLD CLUBHOUSE. (Please see the map on page 2)

Thursday May 28th, 2015

10am – 5pm Registration Open
– Visit Site C60 to pick up your name tags and registration packages.
Door Prizes please look in your registration package for a RED 50/50 draw ticket. If you find one please return to the registration table and claim your prize. Please note due to the large number of attendees not all attendees will receive a prize this year. May 6, 2015
2 of 4
CLUBHOUSE FOR ALL ESCAPE ACTIVITIES

Friday May 29th, 2015

10am – 5pm Registration Open
Visit Site C60 to pick up your name tags and registration packages.
Door Prizes please look in your registration package for your ticket and claim your prize when you register.

10:00am Wine Tour PU at Clubhouse at 10am (PLEASE BE EARLY!). Cost is $55 per person for the day. (Please note this year it is pre-paid – You will be asked for payment upon registration) You will be visiting six different wineries, including the Silver Sage Winery which has one of the best sampling opportunities in the area. The bus will return to the campground at 4pm. – Please note there are two buses the first bus is now full and there is room for eight more people.

5:30pm – 6:30pm Spirit Hour - **Beer Exchange - Bring your favourite or local ale to share with other people. (If you bring six you take 6) **Wine Tasting - Bring your favorite bottle of wine to share with other people. ** Bottles left behind will be considered as part of the meet and greet dinner

6:30pm - Meet and Greet in the Clubhouse. Escape Trailer Industries will be providing dinner for all guests, followed by some socializing on the Terrace of the Clubhouse.
- Name tags and registration packages will be available during this time.
May 6, 2015
3 of 4

Saturday, May 30, 2015

7am – 9:30pm Pancake Breakfast – (Hosted by Marlene & Dennis ‘Dad’)
In the clubhouse. Please bring your own place settings.

9am – 1pm Swapping of the ‘Stuff’ – (Hosted by Leon & Lindy W.) If you have Stuff to give away, feel free to drop it at our campsite on the table. Please label the ‘Stuff’ with your name, site number and, if there is some special knowledge associated with your ‘Stuff’, please post it on a card or label of some sort. For example: One item I am going to give away is a set of pads for BAL stabilizers, however, they only work on pre – 2012 stabilizers. I am going to note that on a little card so that other folks aren't frustrated trying to fit them onto their new 2015 trailer. All your Stuff is to be given away rather than sold -- I can't be trusted with any funds, American, Canadian or otherwise. Stuff you take does not come with any warranty, implied or otherwise. However, Stuff may be returned or exchanged for other Stuff of equal or greater value so long as the exchanging is completed prior to 1:00 PM.

10:00am – 5pm Registration Open Visit Site C60 to pick up your name tags and registration packages

6pm - Pot Luck Dinner (Everyone is asked to provide one dish that will serve a minimum of ten people) Please bring your own place settings. (Plates and cutlery)
You can view the menu on the Escape Forum www.escapeforum.org If you cannot post your contribution. Please contact Escape Trailer Industries so we can update the menu.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

9am
- Pot Luck Breakfast Yes COFFEE will be available. (Everyone is asked to provide one dish that will serve a minimum of four people) Please bring your own serving settings. (Plates and cutlery).
From all of us here at Escape Trailer Industries….

Thank you!

Thank you, to all of you for attending this years’ Escape Trailer Customer Appreciation Rally and making it such a success. We would also like to express a Thank You to all of our supporters who provide us with Door Prizes.

Escape Owners who have provided Door Prizes:

Anna-Marie & Doug Pollok, Claire & Gary Jacques – Plant, Dale & Joanne Mitchell, Doug & Kathy Davies, Marlene & Dennis Moore, Ron & Sharon Peregrin, Tim & Julie Esche,Wolf & Gabi Becker
May 6, 2015
4 of 4

Escape Owners who have provided Door Prizes

Atlas, Atwood Mobile Products, Boomerang Vinyl, Carlisle Tires, Citizens Bank, Batteries, Coast Distribution, Composites One, Double Tree Forest Products, Fraserway RV, KIB Electronics, Level Fabricators, Lordco, Ducan Industries, E. Roko, Fairview, Gidney Signs, Good Sam and Trailer Life Magazine, Hercules Forwarding, Interstate Batteries, National Trailer Parts, North American Telecommunications Group, Phoenix Faucets, Voltec, R410 Holdings, RV Designer, RVing Women, Snow Birds & RV Travel Magazine, Super Camping Select Lodging, Sunrise Pipe & Supply Ltd, Torbram Electric Supply, Wells Industrial Supplies
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:59 AM   #2

Trailer: 2016 19 foot Escape
We will be among those with an on-order Escape who will be visiting the rally on Saturday to pick up some ideas and chat with folks about their experiences.. Thanks for the Green Balloon idea. It's a great way to know that we are welcome to tour your Escape. So far, it looks as though the weather will be great!
Laura and Phil
neamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
We will be attending the rally with out 2 week old Escape 19. Last year we attended the rally with our SOB (some other brand) and got many questions answered as we contemplated our build list. Would be happy to share our experience and give you a tour!
Dave and Maryanne Whiting
Dave Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:16 PM   #4

I had a really bad day yesterday. On my way to Chilliwack to pick up my trailer my water pump failed. I limped into a Squamish and phoned Chrystal at Escape to say I couldn't make it, then I phoned Nk'Kip to tell them I would have to cancel my reservation (this was 10 a.m. on Friday). When I finally got home I got an e-mail saying that Nk'Mip had just charged my MasterCard $60. I looked up my statement and found that they had already charged my card $60 n May 5th. I keep leaving phone messages on their machine and have yet to speak to anyone in person. They sure know how to make a bad day worse. Any suggestions on what I can do?
rb5511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:09 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Why don't you call ETI on Monday and leave a message for Tammy.
With all the business ETI brings to the campground, I would think a phone call from her might help you get a refund.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:27 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I would not expect to get a deposit refunded when the terms are that you don't get it back if you cancel on short notice.
Last year, I cancelled and then found I could come after all. They credited me the $60 I had paid toward my camp fee even though I had cancelled.
I don't think they or ETI is responsible for your water pump.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:33 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I don't think they or ETI is responsible for your water pump.
No, but because his cancelation is due to a mechanical breakdown and not a change of mind, I would think they will consider it. It doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:43 AM   #8

ETI has to pay for the venue for the pot luck etc. for the gathering. Nk'Mip gives Escape participants a reduced rate for the event.
I don't see why they should be expected to refund the deposit for a no-show, no matter what the reason.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:56 AM   #9

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
If it is a busy weekend, seems they would fill the spot. Refunds are often based on getting someone else in the spot.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:16 AM   #10

I have to bite my tongue.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:16 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb5511 View Post
When I finally got home I got an e-mail saying that Nk'Mip had just charged my MasterCard $60. I looked up my statement and found that they had already charged my card $60 n May 5th. I keep leaving phone messages on their machine and have yet to speak to anyone in person. They sure know how to make a bad day worse. Any suggestions on what I can do?
What I read here is that the $60 got charged twice, which would be an error. I would just call the resort and ask them to reverse the second charge, and if they refused, I would dispute the charge with my credit card company. Either way, as I understand it, our camper is out $60, but it shouldn't be $120.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:12 AM   #12
Site Team

There ya go. I can see losing the $60, but not twice.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:17 AM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I agree that the issue is that the poster was double charged. At any rate, I've never been to Nk'Mip but after a couple of years of reading what seems like a zillion posts about them not returning phone calls and responding to inquiries, I probably wouldn't even want to go there.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:06 AM   #14

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
....I probably wouldn't even want to go there.
Only a good idea if you are not into having fun. The 130+ trailers full of folks attending the rally, with their primary focus on having a good time, think differently

In the 5 years I have attended rallies here, only once have I had to follow up with a phone call to confirm my email reservation. I have had to call to pay my deposit every year anyway.

I don't really have a lot of experience with commercial campgrounds, preferring the provincial/national/state ones, but of the 30 or so I have stayed at, I find Nk'Mip to be one of the best in many ways. I would be willing to stay here even when the rally is not on, if needed.

If I didn't do business with companies that accidentally charged me double, the businesses I do deal with would be short. I know we have accidentally doubled charged folks too. So long as the guilty company is quick to make things well, I think all is good. Hopefully Nk'Mip does come through if the double billing was in fact true.

I guess my point is, that though not perfect, dealing with Nk'Mip is not too bad, and worth doing to be able to to be able to come to the rally and have fun with all the wonderful people that attend. I have met many folks here I am glad to call friends.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:29 AM   #15

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
Why don't you call ETI on Monday and leave a message for Tammy.
With all the business ETI brings to the campground, I would think a phone call from her might help you get a refund.
With everything Tammy has on her "to do" list (today and everyday), I think it might be nice of one of the rally attendees could take on this task.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:09 AM   #16

Trailer: 2016 19 foot Escape
A big Thanks to all you hospitable Escapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by neamster View Post
We will be among those with an on-order Escape who will be visiting the rally on Saturday to pick up some ideas and chat with folks about their experiences.. Thanks for the Green Balloon idea. It's a great way to know that we are welcome to tour your Escape. So far, it looks as though the weather will be great!
Laura and Phil
We were overwhelmed by the information and advice we received at the rally on Saturday. Thank you to everyone we spoke with. It's a bit of a blur, but thank you to the couple from Alberta with the 21' Escape, and all the 19'owners we talked to who hailed from Vermont, Georgia, Vancouver Island, Smithers, Kamloops; you know who you are. We took many notes, pictures and came away with lots of ideas. See you at next year's rally, with our very own, very new Escape.
Laura & Phil
neamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:49 PM   #17

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
We have spent significant time at the Nk'Mip campground. They are like most small businesses - occasionally aggravating but generally reasonable. There are businesses which I essentially boycott due to issues, but this isn't one of them.

I understand the idea of refunding a deposit if the site is filled anyway, but is every single site filled and do they put last-minute customers in the middle of the Escape event? Also, when was the last time an airline sent anyone a refund on their cancelled cheapo ticket just because they filled the seat?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:51 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
..when was the last time an airline sent anyone a refund on their cancelled cheapo ticket just because they filled the seat?
True enough Brian, but the day that campgrounds treat customers like the airline industry treats theirs is the day I'm selling my trailer. Trust me, as one who flies on average 150,000 miles a year, the airline industry (at least in the US) is simply dreadful. The worst there is. Maybe the hotel industry would be a better analogy.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:51 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
You can email them and ask if that deposit(s) can be applied to another visit in the future. Maybe next year's rally. Can't hurt to ask.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:55 PM   #20

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I'll second Jim's comment, the 130 odd trailers of people who were at the rally were sure glad they went. Great venue, great dinners and food, lot's of great folks from all over to talk to.

Oh yah, and Jim's french toast for breakfast, could it get any better

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote