2015 Mississippi River Fiberglass River Escape Rally - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
The loop was nearly full. By taking site 8, we got the last of the ones on the MS River side. The price was great at $10 a day-- with senior pass. We may have to start looking harder for these federally run places in the future.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:41 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
The one loop, as Bill states is near full. The remaining loop is completely empty. Since we have not reserved the campground there may be "regulars" who have made reservations, they would have no idea the rally was going on.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #23

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
When I booked site 13 right on the river on the 24th I looked around at other dates and the only time the site was booked was Labour Day weekend, so perhaps the campground is not that full late September and everyone booking in the river loop are those attending the rally.

Adrian
Old 03-27-2015, 07:48 PM   #24
rfs

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Mississippi River Rally
Adrian, I believe your analysis of the current registrations is spot on. I am familiar with Corps campgrounds in this area of the country and they are not very busy that late in the Upper Midwest camping season. My wife Rita and I are looking forward to attending this rally. LeClaire Iowa, just across the river is quite a little town and the other nearby attractions should keep everybody more than occupied.
Dave
Old 03-29-2015, 09:02 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 21
We will be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old 03-31-2015, 05:41 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
We're signed up for site 15 for Friday-- Monday. Our first rally!
Old 04-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #27

As of this date the campground is now half full, or perhaps it is half empty. What ever the case, there are now 16 attendees signed up for camping on the "Big Muddy".
Old 04-14-2015, 10:06 AM   #28

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
The loop was nearly full. By taking site 8, we got the last of the ones on the MS River side. The price was great at $10 a day-- with senior pass. We may have to start looking harder for these federally run places in the future.
Our favorite good deal. They have a book on their campgrounds that you can often find at their visitor centers.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:10 AM   #29

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
When I booked site 13 right on the river on the 24th I looked around at other dates and the only time the site was booked was Labour Day weekend, so perhaps the campground is not that full late September and everyone booking in the river loop are those attending the rally.

Adrian
That is what I think and some have not given their names to Paul. There were about 22 booked lately including second loop.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #30

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
LIndy and I have site 25 -- right next to Eric and Mary, and close to the shower house. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:50 PM   #31

The campground at Fisherman's Corner is now down to 25 openings for the Mississippi River Rendezvous on September 25-27. Corky over on the Fiberglass RV Forum pointed out that there is a nearby facility called Illiniwek Forest Preserve. The park entrances are only .8 mile apart.

I recall using the bike trail (The Great River Trail) and it passed directly through the campground at Illiniwek Forest Preserve. It is a nice location and would make a great overflow location for campers not able to get into Fisherman's Corner. I think the river views are even better at Illiniwek, however I was there about this time of the year and the leaves may not have been out. It could be a different view in September.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:41 PM   #32
rfs

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Mississippi rally

Had the desire to take a drive this afternoon so we drove down to the Fishermans Corner campground, site of the Mississippi rally in late September. This is a very nice C O E campground. There were two scamps camping and about 20 Beluga. White and Blue Whales read that giant class A's. Nicest person I met was the guy with a 13 Scamp. Will try to post some pix. If you've not booked a site your gonna miss a good one. I think there's sites left in the north loop which is a baseballs throw from the south loop, unless you have my rotator cuff.
Dave
Old 08-31-2015, 12:42 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Our plans changed, and we won't be able to attend this year after all. Maybe next year?
Old 08-31-2015, 02:14 PM   #34

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Mississippi River Rally

Sorry you will not be able to attend. We are looking forward to this first year fete as I am usually late to about everything and with only 99 miles to a rally just couldn't bear to miss it.
Suppose I better get some new color in my neck tattoo in case Danielle shows up.
Dave
Old 08-31-2015, 04:36 PM   #35

If Frank makes a guest appearance those tattoos will come in handy as well. The "Bearded Charmer" had a touch up on a recent show.

Explanation: The two characters being discussed are cast members of the TV Show American Pickers. The pickers are based in La Claire Iowa, just across the river from the campground.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:55 AM   #36

Trailer: 2011 coachman
Hello all,

My husband and I are going to be purchasing a new trailer soon. I knew we wanted a fiberglass trailer, and after a few months of research, we have decided on an Escape trailer. We have not been able to decide between the 19 and the 17b, partly because we have never seen either in person. I notice many of you will be attending this rally, which is only about 25 minutes from our home. Will there be any campers at the rally who are in the Escape referral program who would be willing to let us take a peek?

Thanks!
Amanda
Old 09-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #37

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellingcounts View Post
Hello all,

My husband and I are going to be purchasing a new trailer soon. I knew we wanted a fiberglass trailer, and after a few months of research, we have decided on an Escape trailer. We have not been able to decide between the 19 and the 17b, partly because we have never seen either in person. I notice many of you will be attending this rally, which is only about 25 minutes from our home. Will there be any campers at the rally who are in the Escape referral program who would be willing to let us take a peek?

Thanks!
Amanda
Amanda I all willing to make a guess that you will be more than welcome to see any and all of our trailers there. You are surely more than welcome to see our 17B.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #38

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Amanda, I second what Eric says, no doubt all Escape owners will be happy to have you look at their trailers. You are certainly welcome to see our 5.0 Classic even though you can't buy a new one anymore.

As you have probably seen by reading through threads that it's an excellent time for American buyers to purchase an Escape with our low Canadian dollar.

See you at Fisherman's Corner

Adrian

p.s. I have been very careful with my spelling in this post
Old 09-07-2015, 11:36 AM   #39

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Trailer tours

Amanda, you will be more than welcome to look our 19 over at Fisherman's Corner. We have , like other owners, shown it many times and have had prospective customers become owners. We like the Escape very much and will have camped well over 50 nights this year by the end of the season. Looking forward to meeting you.
Dave and Rita
Old 09-07-2015, 03:15 PM   #40

Scheduled Events

What great timing you have Amanda? Thank you for the lead in to several announcements for events at the upcoming Mississippi River Rendezvous. As a bit of background, we polled participants in early spring and did not find there was a desire to organize a get together, meal or other formal event.

However, since then a number of scheduled and informal activities have been planned:

First, we will be having a registration table for all attendees; the registration has the purpose of the distribution of some nice door prizes. More information will be forthcoming on those door prizes. You do not have to be present to win but you do need to pick up your door prize before departing. Registration will be at site #14 (see photo below) on Friday and Saturday with the drawing for the door prizes on Saturday at 3:00.

Second, we will have scheduled trailer viewings on Saturday from 1-3:00. Trailers will be available from owners interested in showing their unit. At this time all models of Escape will be present except for the 13 and 15.

At this time I know of several other parties, in addition to Amanda, who are planning to attend the rally for the sole purpose of viewing the different models and variations of models with the idea of purchasing. I will warn those prospective owners not to accept any offers of Kool Aid while at Fisherman’s Corner; it has been known to be spiked with Escape fever.

There still are campsites available for either or both nights of the rally. Site registration is showing 40 sites taken, with 12 available. However some are guests, other fiberglass trailers and some unfortunate campers about to be surrounded by Escapees.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0241.JPG  
Closed Thread