2015 Mississippi River Fiberglass River Escape Rally - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 03:27 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Paul - thanks again for all your organization of this event!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Mississippi River Rally

Paul, sounds like you have it goin on. That's a nice camp ground for sure. The migration of white Pelicans in this part of the country is just starting so maybe a good chance to see some as well as some egrets and great blue herons for sure.
Dave
Old 09-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Thanks for the reminder, bring binoculars. Not only for the birds but to watch the tows go through the locks across the river. I think there would also be Bald Eagles on this stretch of the river along with the species Dave mentioned.

Eric, did you know that there is an Official Beer of Escape Trailers? I know you are a beer connoisseur, so I thought I would ask you. Well, that beer will be one of the door prizes featured at the Mississippi River Rendezvous. You have to register to win.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:53 PM   #44

Trailer: 2011 coachman
Thank you so much, everyone! I have to mention that one of the things that drew us to Escape was the friendliness of the owner community and how much you all seem to enjoy your trailers. I look forward to seeing meeting you on Saturday from 1-3.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:01 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Eric, did you know that there is an Official Beer of Escape Trailers? I know you are a beer connoisseur, so I thought I would ask you. Well, that beer will be one of the door prizes featured at the Mississippi River Rendezvous. You have to register to win.
No I didn't and for a minute I was afraid it was going to be one of my various homebrews and that I would have to bring enough for everybody! Whew!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #46

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Amanda,
You will find that every Escape owner is thrilled to show off their unit, whether or not it is during the designated hours. Take a look at all sizes. You may see options or accessories that you had not thought about.
Beware that the Escape Trailer Industries website (as distinguished from this forum) shows the 17s to be sold out for 2016, and very few dates left for 19s. If you can arrange to see Iowa Dave's before the rally, that might be a good idea, unless waiting until 2017 is ok.
Good luck, and of course, you're welcome to come see our 21.
Bill
Old 09-16-2015, 05:47 PM   #47

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B
Jever Pilsener, but I have to disappoint; cannot find that beer in this country...
Old 09-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #48

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Does any one need a bit of HyperVent?

Lindy and I put Hypervent under the mattress and the cushions on our trailer. We have a bit left -- probably enough for a couple of cushions. I hate to throw it out, so If anyone could use it, I would be happy to stuff it into the back of the Highlander next week and bring it to Fisherman's Corner.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:35 PM   #49

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
PS: Not sure if we are doing a beer exchange, but I will bring a 6 pack of assorted local brews.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:18 PM   #50

I have corresponded with Tammy and Reace about attending this years event. Unfortunately the coming rally is just at some critical decision times for some upcoming changes at Escape. They simply need to be around meeting with and finalizing things that are a part of this process.

They are however interested in next years event.

In recognition of their contributions, their favorite beer will be one of the door prizes. It turns out that Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy is a favorite. One or more lucky camper will be able to taste the local brew that tops their list
Old 09-17-2015, 11:31 PM   #51

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Wish they were coming. It is a very far drive for them, however. We had many one-night stops and I felt the time was much too short even with the weeks we took. Too bad they can't just fly in --- oh, that would not be allowed! They hardly need the business and they are hoping to get more space and make big changes shortly.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:25 AM   #52

Trailer: 2009 Casita, 21 ft. escape on order
Attending Mississippi River Rally

Paul,

I don't yet own an Escape trailer, but I have a 21 ft. unit on order, with delivery in May of 2016. I would like to visit the Mississippi River Rally on Saturday for the open viewing of the attendee's trailers. I am currently working on my build sheet and feel that seeing several trailers at one time would be very helpful for me. I understand that the rally will be held at:

Fishermans Corner Federal Campground
Route 84 North
Hampton, Illinois

I would appreciate it if you would let me know if my attendance on Saturday will be OK and also confirm that I have the correct location for the rally (I had some problems with the recreation.gov website).

Thanks,
Claude Pairsh (Cfoster)
Old 09-18-2015, 02:26 PM   #53

Claude,
You are most welcome to attend and ask questions. We have set aside 1-3:00 for tours, the choice of that time was somewhat arbitrary, I think you will find plenty of owners to answer questions outside of the tour time.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:27 PM   #54

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Room for two more?

I just stumbled across your group and was pleasantly surprised to see this event. My wife and I have been researching fiberglass trailers and really think the Escape is what we want, but would love to see them in person. If you don't mind we'd also like to attend on Saturday.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #55

Jimrules (and anyone else reading this thread), anyone interested in Escapes will be more than welcome to stop by and visit. Paul has been the one doing all the real organizing, (and deserves all the credit for getting it going) but I am sure I can speak for everyone there about this. And as Paul said above, there is a set up time for tours, but don't let that stop you from coming and seeing trailers if that time period doesn't work for you.

Bring some good local brews to share and you will really be popular!

Old 09-19-2015, 01:16 PM   #56

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Thanks Thoer, I wouldn't dream of showing up without good beer to share. Cool campers AND good beer! I think this is going to work out fine.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #57
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
I just stumbled across your group and was pleasantly surprised to see this event. My wife and I have been researching fiberglass trailers and really think the Escape is what we want, but would love to see them in person. If you don't mind we'd also like to attend on Saturday.
Not only would an Escape owner not mind, that's part of the normal happenings at a rally. I recall at the Bluebonnet Rally here in Texas back in April, we had at least a dozen couples tour our trailer who were just in the market and didn't have a trailer yet. A great way to see the different models.

Besides, truth be told, we love showing them off.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:05 PM   #58

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Mississippi schedule

Paul, will you be posting a full schedule of events early this week ?
I see the tours are on Sat afternoon. Will we be having a potluck etc.? hate to bother you but need to schedule getting some color work for my neck tat with one of Danielle's girls.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Paul, will you be posting a full schedule of events early this week ?
I see the tours are on Sat afternoon. Will we be having a potluck etc.? hate to bother you but need to schedule getting some color work for my neck tat with one of Danielle's girls.
Iowa Dave
Schedule? I'm retired, what's a schedule? I think I might vaguely remember that term

Old 09-20-2015, 09:29 PM   #60

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
From what Paul has said, there is no schedule and that is fine with us, too.
Closed Thread