2015, Oct. 1-4, 2015: 2015 Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2015, 08:04 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'
We will be in site O25 Friday to Sunday in our 14-day old 21'. Looking forward to our first NOG:-)
Cmellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Cool Emilio and Christine, I'll get you added to the list!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:32 PM   #23
Site Team

Happy weeked NOGgers. We're a bit less than two weeks to camping together! Fun times ahead.

I thought I'd go ahead and post the schedule and give you some of my thoughts on other issues.

We're quickly approaching the fall time in Oregon. We don't know what the weather will bring. This is the largest number of participants to a NOG we've ever had. Fort Stevens has two reservable shelters. I'm not going to reserve a shelter. But, I will talk to the rangers when I arrive on Wed., Sept. 30 if it looks like the weather will be less than stellar and a shelter can be reserved. I can't afford to pay for it... wish I could. But if we need the shelter and it can be reserved, would each NOG site be willing to pitch in $5 to cover the cost? Any excess funds would be used to pay for the next NOG shelter or product to give away. Or wood for a raging NOG fire! Give it some thought. I just don't want our Friday night gathering or the Saturday potluck to drown out. (Picnic Shelter - $50 first 50 people; $1 for each additional up to 300). We may need it both Friday and Saturday...

If the evening hours look dry and if it's not terribly inconvenient and you have space to haul a folding table... could you please bring it! Oh my stars, with this group my picnic table and 8x4 folding table won't be enough.

Don't forget your name tags. We have lots of new people. Let's make it easy on them. Remember when you were the newbie? Trying to remember peoples names is uncomfortable!

There won't be a give away at this NOG, I'm ill-prepared. But you still need that name tag!

THE Schedule of events such as it is... This is the Fall NOG. While it's referred to as the Northern Oregon Gathering, I kinda prefer Not Organized Gathering.

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish, sleep in, hike, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most folks have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG.

WEATHER PERMITTING - No-host dinner-on-a-stick roasting fire going at my site (N26) on Friday night.
This is not a potluck, bring everything you need. Fire will be roaring in the NOG tub, come by anytime after 6:00pm. And the biggy:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT
This is an "opener" event.
Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please bring your lawn chair and join us anyway. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have around the NOG tub.

WEATHER PERMITTING - Saturday potluck at my site (N26) 6pm.
Bring a food item to share that feeds 6-10 people, your table service and lawn chair. I'll supply the garbage bags for trash. if you have a stick or two of firewood to share at the NOG tub, that would be grand.

Please, no pets at the food events.

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:25 PM   #24

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
No trailer this year...but see you in 2016 with our 5.0 TA when I am reeeetired!!! ���� Have fun and we hope the weather is nice.
Jan
Old 09-19-2015, 03:50 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
No trailer this year...but see you in 2016 with our 5.0 TA when I am reeeetired!!! ���� Have fun and we hope the weather is nice.
Jan
oooh new trailer AND retired. Sounds perfect!! We don't know where the NOG will land for next fall. We'll decide that as a group on Saturday night of Fall NOG. But, we do know we'll be at Waterloo for Spring NOG: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...ring-5510.html
Old 09-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #26

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Somehow, I completely missed all notifications for the Fall NOG. That said, it's never too late to think about Spring ...

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:35 PM   #27

Okay, we're in site 42A and will be offering a glass of wine to anyone who doesn't watch us back in ... (Donna - We're arriving on the 20th so if you need help, let us know.)

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 09-19-2015, 10:59 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Okay, we're in site 42A and will be offering a glass of wine to anyone who doesn't watch us back in ... (Donna - We're arriving on the 20th so if you need help, let us know.)
I'm so confused. Jan, this is for Spring NOG right? Otherwise you'll be in the wrong loop on the wrong weekend for Fall NOG!
Old 09-19-2015, 11:04 PM   #29

You think you're confused ... I'm way ahead of you in that department.

Yep, sorry, it's the Spring NOG. I missed the Fall NOG so decided to make sure we didn't miss out on Spring (BTW, I noticed that a lot of the campsites are full for Waterloo in the Spring ... ).

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 09-20-2015, 05:28 AM   #30

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I'm going to the fall nog ! Sounds like fun
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:26 PM   #31

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Hi Donna, Jessica and I will be coming up to Astoria on Thurs., Oct. 1st, hoping to be able to see some escape trailers (and others) , and to ask questions about what options are most useful, etc. . We're staying at a motel in town . Our Escape 19 is due in Feb., and our build sheet needs to be in by Nov. 9th . We look forward to meeting you and hope this all works out . Dennis
denjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:40 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by denjess View Post
Hi Donna, Jessica and I will be coming up to Astoria on Thurs., Oct. 1st, hoping to be able to see some escape trailers (and others) , and to ask questions about what options are most useful, etc. . We're staying at a motel in town . Our Escape 19 is due in Feb., and our build sheet needs to be in by Nov. 9th . We look forward to meeting you and hope this all works out . Dennis
You are absolutely welcome to join us Dennis & Jessica. Not only for the trailer tours, but the dinner-on-the-stick night/beer exchange and pot luck on Saturday. See the schedule I posted, just above in the thread for more info.

See you there! :thumb
Old 10-03-2015, 11:49 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
Quite the event here at Fort Stevens State Park in Oregon. More than 70 fiberglass trailers. With this many people the potluck is altogether bounteous. Here's a pic (I already had my fill) taken from the bed of our truck across the way from Donna D's site.
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020140.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	13388

Meanwhile, the boys guarded Toto's master bedroom suite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020146.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	13389
Old 10-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #34

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
So much FUN! And it was great to camp next to you & Sooz and the furfoots.

Happy trails... and thanks for posting the pics!
Old 10-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #35

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quick visit...

Coming to the NOG on Thursday, probably wasn't the best planning, as many weren't even there yet . But it fulfilled a purpose for us . We got to see different Escape trailers, look at various options, and ask a lot of questions . And as a big bonus, we got to meet a lot of really generous people, who kindly showed us their trailers . Thanks to all who talked with us and showed us around . It really helped us make some decisions on our build list ! Our 19' won't be finished until Feb., but we're looking forward to seeing you all possibly at the Bandon gathering next Spring . ( or is it in Summer? )
Dennis and Jessica
denjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #36

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
nice meeting you -Dennis and Jessica -good luck on your new trailer !
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:55 PM   #37

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpaddle View Post
Quite the event here at Fort Stevens State Park in Oregon. More than 70 fiberglass trailers. With this many people the potluck is altogether bounteous. Here's a pic (I already had my fill) taken from the bed of our truck across the way from Donna D's site.
Attachment 13388

Meanwhile, the boys guarded Toto's master bedroom suite.

Attachment 13389
Well, I guess we know who owns that trailer!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:32 AM   #38
Site Team

What an absolutely terrific time I had! Thanks to all of you for helping me to make memories. I'm so sorry, if I didn't get around to speaking with you in your site. Best intentions, but you probably know how it goes. Start out walking and visiting. Two hours later, I had only been to four sites.

Here's the statistics:
People: 135
Sites: 72
SOB: 4
U-Haul: 1
Parkliner: 1
Trillium (Outback): 1
Hunter cousins - : Compact II & Trails West Campster: 2
Boler: 2
Burro: 4
Bigfoot: 5
Scamp: 12
Escape: 19
Casita: 21

People came from Oklahoma, Texas, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho and British Columbia

We voted to go to Cape Lookout State Park (outside Tillamook) for next year's Fall NOG. Sometime between now and January, I'll get down to the park to scope it out.... find a big, flat site near the restrooms and talk to the park rangers. I'll also see if there's any shelter that we might be able to use if the weather is less than stellar.

I'll post the findings when I make my reservations sometime after the second week of January. Fall NOG will be held the second weekend in October.

Until next time, safe travels... always.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #39

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Well, I guess we know who owns that trailer!
Absolutely. Tyler and Wally run the place -- we just make the payments.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #40

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Thanks, Donna, for a wonderful "not-organized" gathering.
And thank you so much, NOG'ers, for your gracious hospitality to us "newbies".
We had a wonderful time meeting so many of you, visiting, and seeing the array of FG.

We're sorry we missed the Saturday night event (but it was the correct choice to get on home). Yes, we're the ones who rolled out at 0515 hrs.

Thanks again.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote