2015 Scamp Camp SouthWest - Christmas in Sedona - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2015, 01:47 AM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
2015 Scamp Camp SouthWest - Christmas in Sedona

2015 Scamp Camp SouthWest - Christmas in Sedona

See the complete event posting 2015 Scamp Camp SW

Dates: December 11, 2015 to December 13, 2015

Make your plans for this SOI gathering to get in the Christmas spirit. All brands of molded fiberglass trailers are welcome! This will be the 3rd Annual Scamp Camp Southwest - Christmas in Sedona.

FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS: In the heart of Sedona, AZ (link is external), are shops and galleries at the quaint Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village (link is external). Every year they hold an event called the Festival of Lights (link is external). This year the festival is scheduled for Saturday, Dec 12, 3-8 p.m. The event has great Christmas shopping, multiple bands and musicians performing, a visit from Santa Claus, free cider, and lots of Christmas lights. At 5 p.m. all in attendance begin to light the over 6,000 luminaries that surround the village.

Our favorite event is the Festival of Lights, but there are other events going on as well:

PILGRIMAGE TO BETHLEHEM - Dec 11-13. Annual Christmas extravaganza is outdoors at Tequa Marketplace. Watch for llamas, goats, chickens, a donkey, and miniature horses. The Ancient Bethlehem Tour begins at 3:00 p.m.; The original Christmas Musical is at 5:00 p.m. Don’t miss the Drawing for valuable gifts before, and the complimentary refreshments following. Free seating available or Reserved Seating for a $5/seat donation at PottersHandProductions.com (link is external)

CHRISTMAS IN THE PARK - Dec 12. Located at the Sedona Heritage Museum. Enjoy Christmas in the Park, a free annual open house from 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. including museum admission, afternoon concert, hot apple cider, cookies, apple sorter demos and make & take cornhusk ornaments. On the National Register of Historic Places, the museum’s buildings will be decorated in vintage holiday decor. Meet the tumbleweed ‘snowman’, Sedona old-timers and descendants of pioneer families. Visit with local authors signing their books and don’t miss the Museum Shop’s annual sale. SedonaMuseum.org (link is external)

CAMPGROUND INFORMATION:

The nearest campground is called Rancho Sedona RV Park (link is external). For reservations, please call (928) 282-7255 or Toll Free: 1(888) 641-4261.

**Choose Sites within the loop that have the bathrooms, Sites # 15-36**

We do not pack the schedule full of SOI activities beyond Meet and Greet and trailer tours, as the Festival of Lights all day on Saturday is loaded with activities. If you are able to attend, please let us know by either replying here via the SOI forum or by emailing your space # to info@scampcamper.com (link sends e-mail). We hope you can join us!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I'm booked.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
Saw the Festival of Lights in Sedona years ago, would love to return with Toto and see it again. Alas, the park rules for dogs say, and I am not making this up, "No barking." I just mentioned this to Wally and Tyler, both of whom rolled their eyes. No barking, indeed.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:21 AM   #4

Doug, sooz & the furfoots,

We laugh about the park rules at Rancho Sedona and not just the dog barking one. If one is familiar with Sedona, it comes as not much of a surprise.
Rest assured we had attendees last year with dogs aplenty and one was even a barker. Not a peep from the park. It is off-season for Sedona and they are thrilled to have us coming in and having this gathering as there aren't many trailers there in Dec.
As you know from your past experience this is an inspiring event, especially some of the music groups that are represented there. We hope to see you and your fur foots there this year.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:16 PM   #5

Spoke with the park yesterday and they have about 5 spots remaining on the left side of the main loop for Scamp Camp Weekend. There will still be space available after those down in the office loop, but you'll be a bit away from the main action. Get your reservations ASAP.

REMINDER: If for any reason you find you have to cancel, please post your site res up here first and see if anyone wants it before cancelling with the park. We tend to get big class A's at that time of year if your site is cancelled and we'd like to swap and keep Scamps, etc. in these spots.

The 2015 Scamp Camp SW Button. We don't know how many of these we'll make. I'll take a count at end of Oct of registrations we know about and we'll try and have enough there. Limit 2 per trailer at registration at the Host Trailer.

If you haven't told us you're coming, please let us know. If you reserve a spot before the event, make sure you let us know the site#/trailer/state. Hope to see everyone there! As always, a big thanks to SOI Lifetime Member Earl A for producing the buttons!
Attached Thumbnails
scamp-camp-sw.png  
Old 10-13-2015, 10:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
You're going to be in trouble at Scamp Camp with an Escape.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:38 PM   #7

LOL, I currently own a Scamp 5th Wheel and just sold a 13 Scamp, so I'm covered at the moment.
At Scamp Owners International even though we're primarily about Scamps, we try and present a melting pot of the hobby. One of our largest contributors is in a sticky, but would love a Molded Fiberglass if they could. Oh well, we love everybody.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
LOL. I suspected you were one of those multi-glass owners.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:05 PM   #9

Uh-Oh, been outed again!
Old 10-14-2015, 12:07 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
LOL, I currently own a Scamp 5th Wheel and just sold a 13 Scamp, so I'm covered at the moment.
At Scamp Owners International even though we're primarily about Scamps, we try and present a melting pot of the hobby. One of our largest contributors is in a sticky, but would love a Molded Fiberglass if they could. Oh well, we love everybody.
We've had some SOB's at the Escape rally too. Everyone is welcome.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:37 PM   #11

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Sedona

Jon, I hope that's not #28
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:19 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Doug, sooz & the furfoots,

We laugh about the park rules at Rancho Sedona and not just the dog barking one.
Every place has rules. Funniest one I ever saw was in a marina in the former Yugoslavia. "No Loud Smiling"

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Where'd everybody go? There were 5 Escapes here yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
RallySedona1.jpg  
Old 12-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #14

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Sedona snow

Myron,
Great photo. Makes us northerners a little less envious when we see snow anywhere south of where we are. Especially when it was 61 F here yesterday. Did have over 3 inches of rain which would have been a lot of snow. Mid December, no frost in the ground, creeks are all open, nightcrawlers on the driveway. Better punch up Al Gore on his internet and learn more about Global Warming.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:01 AM   #15

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Cool picture. How'd you and the rig handle the cold?
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #16

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm curious, what is the orange pole purpose?
Old 12-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm curious, what is the orange pole purpose?
Hi: cpaharley2008... Snow marker? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:39 AM   #18

Deer peep sight. Or cattle guard detector
Old 12-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I've got some photos of the trailers (lots of Escapes, even a Lil' Snoozy) & the Festival of Lights at my daily journal page: Day 60. I believe the pole is part of the campground there to protect splice boxes, power pedestals, etc - they are all over that place with signs on them that let you know if you break it, you bought it!
Old 12-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #20

Well there you go. I just love camping where there are more rules on posts than green space. Feels so friendly. I do not mind at all, a sheet with my receipt that explains how the operation runs, especially if there's some non confrontational information on it too. I do know about poor behavior in campgrounds having had oversight for a City owned facility for several years. My on site foreman was stabbed once and had his arm broken in a fight. Can't control that with a sign.
Dave