2015 Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - April 23-26 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - April 23-26

April 23-26, 2015 — L.L. Stub Stewart State Park
(Vernonia area - West of Portland, Oregon - about 34 miles)

Lots of discussions about the NOGs at the Oregon Gathering this past week...so, it must be time to start the planning for Spring 2015. The traveling roadshow is moving back to L.L. Stub Stewart. We've been there for both spring blooming and fall colors. This time we're hoping for no rain! Be sure to checkout everything the Oregon State Park system has to say about the park. Find the information here including reservation information: L.L. Stub Stewart StatePark : http://www.oregonsta...rg/park_255.php

Originally I thought we'd go to west this time, but discussion with others at the OG… we've decided to go back to east for more sun. So, we'll be starting in Dairy Creek Camp EAST and if we fill it up, we'll start into the west camp. I've chosen site 80 (same as the last two times).

As usual I'll keep a park map updated and a list of names going for those that have made reservations on the CasitaForum. So, post away! BTW: I'm coming early again. I'll pull in on Wednesday and stay until Sunday afternoon... if anyone cares to join me early!

Be sure to let us know if you're newbies to egg gatherings and everyone start planning/making your name tags!

Please just post on one forum if you're coming. You don't want to confuse me!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
We'll be in site 89 starting on the 22nd. This will be the first gathering we join with our new 21 (due to hatch this November). We'll be the ones taking an hour to back into our site. Well, maybe we'll have it down to 50 minutes by then. :-) Can't wait to try Frisbee golf...
Old 07-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
We will be in site 76 from the 23rd. Doug - we were in your shoes at last year's NOG with our brand new 21. It was our very first time backing up but we had several people help us with maneuvering into the site and we learned so much about our trailer on that trip! You are going to love your 21 and the fiberglass community is great.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #4

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
We just reserved site 88.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Hi Donna, We finally made up our minds and reserved a site for the gathering. Since we waited so long we couldn't get into the upper area, but Arlene and Tom be there in site #2 with our Escape 21.
Thanks, Tom
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:54 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAfraser View Post
Hi Donna, We finally made up our minds and reserved a site for the gathering. Since we waited so long we couldn't get into the upper area, but Arlene and Tom be there in site #2 with our Escape 21.
Thanks, Tom
Fun times ahead!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:20 PM   #7

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
I just saw this and Jeff&I decided to join in! We'll be in site 52 from Thurs-Sun. Hopefully I actually remember that and we don't show up on Friday wondering why there's an RV in our spot... (Thank goodness the people at Champoeg were great and stuck us in another site!)
Old 01-15-2015, 11:00 PM   #8
Site Team

Doubtful you'll make the same mistake twice!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:24 AM   #9
Site Team

Two, yes TWO cancellations have come to me for East! If anyone is interested in moving from West to East or hasn't made reservations and needs a site, contact me via PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #10
Site Team

THE Schedule of events such as it is... This is the Spring NOG. While it's referred to as the Northern Oregon Gathering, I kinda prefer Not Organized Gathering

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish, sleep in, hike, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most folks have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG.

Please wear it all the time. We have some new folks to the NOG... it seems like the polite thing to do.

BTW, I’m suspending the raffle for this one gathering. I’ll make it up to y’all at Fall NOG.

No-host dinner on a stick roasting fire going at my site (80) on Friday night.
This is not a potluck, bring everything you need. Fire will be roaring in the NOG tub, come by anytime after 5:30pm. And the biggy:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT
This is an "opener" event.
Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please bring your lawn chair and join us anyway. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have around the NOG tub.

Saturday potluck at my site (80) 6pm.
Bring a food item to share that feeds 6-10 people, your table service and lawn chair. I'll supply the garbage bags for trash. Does anyone have a folding table they can bring? I don't think one picnic table and one folding table will be enough to hold everything... and if you have a stick or two of firewood to share at the NOG tub, that would be grand.

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
April 25th is National Astronomy Day. Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) and Rose City Astronomers will be hosting a star party at LL Stub that night in the day use area (weather permitting). This time of year they get going around 9 or 10.
Star Parties | OMSI

PS There's also a great bike trail, disc golf and putt putt golf.
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:22 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 17B "Tody"
That sounds great! I hope the weather will be nice.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #13
Site Team

I actually got home yesterday afternoon. The weather semi cooperated. Some rain, some sun, some WIND. oooooh when the wind blew it was COLD. Thank goodness for fires and Sinful Whiskey

We had 38 campsites reserved. A few non-hardy souls cancelled. The rest of us had fun
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1314.jpg   IMG_1315.jpg   IMG_1316.jpg   IMG_1317.jpg  
Old 04-27-2015, 10:30 AM   #14
Site Team

The boler belongs to Suvi from Vancouver BC. It was her grandfather's trailer. Isn't she lucky to have something so wonderful! Spent a lot of time under Dave&Kathie's Pahaque. Dave builds a terrific fire too!

Already making plans for Spring NOG 2016. I'll post details when I get my reservations made.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1318.jpg   IMG_1319.jpg   IMG_1320.jpg   Stubb_Sign.jpg  
Old 04-27-2015, 10:56 AM   #15

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Oh nice .....would love to make it there once !
Old 04-27-2015, 11:20 AM   #16

Trailer: 2015 17B "Tody"
it was fun! I am glad we made it. We were almost the last to leave the campground. We didn't get to speak to everyone but those we had talked to were wonderful! We also showed the trailer a couple times. The bunk bed was quite the topic.

The weather wasn't perfect but it was perfect in testing out the livability of the trailer. Me and the girls were hanging out fine inside the 17B for that many hours of rain we got on Friday. One night was approaching freezing temp and we were toasty through the night.

I have to thank Donna for organizing this. We would love to go again next year and hopefully the school calendar allows it!
Old 04-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #17

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Looks like someone wanted a pull thru?? Nice place though....sorry the weather did not cooperated, it was lousy in Tennessee also.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Looks like someone wanted a pull thru?? Nice place though....sorry the weather did not cooperated, it was lousy in Tennessee also.
If you're talking about me Jim, yeah.. it's a pull thru and also the largest/flattest site in the park. When you have 50-60 people in a site for a campfire and potluck, it better be a big site for lots of chairs, three tables of food, etc. The weather could have been worse... and has been for a NOG or two . It was all good.