2016 Mississippi River Rendezvous Sept 30-Oct 2 - Page 15 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 04:52 PM   #281

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Teresa, your Boler looked great from the outside. I spent so much time listening to your dad's stories that I never made it in to see the inside.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #282

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
I would be remiss in not mentioning and adding the folks from Harvard.......Illinois in their old (1972? 1974? ) well used Hunter FRG with the cute pop-up canvas headroom extension. They lived in it for 6 months, touring the West. Great folks to boot. 2 UHauls, one meticulously restored to as new condition. And 2 Casita owners I know of that are picking up their Escapes next year. Jeez, they must have drunk that Escape Kool-aid that was being passed around in a maple syrup jug.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:26 PM   #283

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Oldies but goodies

Tom
I would have pointed that Hunter out too but wasn't sure what it was. It looked very similar to a Compact Jr. I saw once in Niagara Falls. Jake says to Lefty, " woof woof ........woot woof woof. Canine for it was nice to meet you and I hope to camp with you again sometime.
Dave
Old 10-06-2016, 06:57 PM   #284

Dave,

Lefty lifts his leg in a wet salute to Jake. I am posting a pic of the Hunter; it is also called a Compact Jr. Not the exact same rig as I mentioned, but just about. As mentioned above, it is interesting to see people using rigs older than themselves.

See you next year. I'm going to work on my Latin, Greek, Spanish and Klingon language usage over the winter. I'll be ready.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer alone small.jpg   Lefty.jpg  
Old 10-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #285

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Dave, did you forget to pass Tom that jug of Escape Kool-Aid I gave you to pass over to him? I knew you were talking and not listening....

Tom, I'll teach you a couple of good Norwegian curses next time. And you know those homebrews I brought you, well, they are just slower acting than the full strength Kool-Aid, but they are slowing working... you will be assimilated...

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-06-2016, 09:23 PM   #286

Hi Eric
I tried to pass it to him late Friday night but he seemed to have had enough "kool aid". We were having a serious discussion regarding how tp properly name a dog so that it could hear your call in a Midwestern snowstorm. When you left, Tom said, " Sure I'll bring your chair over". I said "expletive deleted, it will be right here in the morning" which it was along with a high dollar cooler full of homebrews somebody forgot. Good thing those other campers with the nice clothes who liked Bill didn't find it. It would have given them real religion. That I got when I was 14. Oh look there's a squirrel, Scurius carolinensis, melanistic phase.
Dave
Old 10-08-2016, 02:53 PM   #287

I just watched "Blue" drive off down the road with Maryann and Steve, headed to its new home in Central WI. Dave you should have been there with me, to help me remember everything (and more) about setup and systems, except then they's still be here when they need to go to work on Monday.

I expected to spend a lot of time getting the WDH adjusted, but for the most part it transferred almost exactly from the Highlander to their 4Runner. We drove around a bit to get the brake controller feeling good and my previous towing mirrors fit perfectly on theirs. I'm hoping they will get some short weekend trips in this fall to get used to everything.

They said how glad they were that they came to the rally and got to see all the trailers and meet the crew. And Maryann has already picked out a 5TA as the trailer she may want when they both retire and start going on longer trips!

And, wonderful people that they are, they bought me a growler and a 12 pack sampler from Central Waters Brewing. Come on up Dave and I might share one or two.

Old 10-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #288

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I guess not too many people look forward to 4/15 every year, except you.....
Old 10-08-2016, 03:12 PM   #289

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Yea Eric and Mary! Bet you can't wait for your new one!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Old 10-08-2016, 03:18 PM   #290

Jim, I didn't even think of that - guess I better get those taxes done early next year!

Fred, yep, time to get serious about making those build decisions. It was kind of a sad moment as I watched Blue pulled off down the road, but she is going to a great new home.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:32 PM   #291

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Dave,

Lefty lifts his leg in a wet salute to Jake. I am posting a pic of the Hunter; it is also called a Compact Jr. Not the exact same rig as I mentioned, but just about. As mentioned above, it is interesting to see people using rigs older than themselves.

See you next year. I'm going to work on my Latin, Greek, Spanish and Klingon language usage over the winter. I'll be ready.
Hi Tom,
We haven't met yet but bet we will before long. From looking at your pictures, I noticed an interesting sun shade / awning. Did you make that? or if not where can I get one? I have been planning on inventing one like that but maybe someone is ahead of me (couldn't be .... could it?).

My 17A Escape is without a bathroom and have been thinking of something similar as a privacy screen for my outdoor shower and other purposes.

Do you have more pictures? Thank you

Tom (also)
Old 10-08-2016, 10:35 PM   #292

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Looks like my post did not include your pictures ...... the one I am referring to is post #284

Tom
Old 10-09-2016, 09:58 AM   #293

Tom,

The awning is a Kelty brand "Carport" that was designed to attach to the roof rails of a mini-van and provide shelter at the side doors. I used it for car camping and then for the older Casita I bought. It attaches to the trailer with Velcro straps to 2 D-rings that are attached to the roof. It is a useful addition as my old trailer did not come with an awning. Kelty still sells some variations of this awning/shelter. Maybe one comes up on ebay occasionally. My model is no longer available. Another view is attached. The shelter is pole supported like a tent, has a closable screen window and side "wings" to shed sun or rain or they can be rolled up and stowed in place.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1078 (Copy).jpg  
Old 10-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #294

Found 2 pics of the Hunter on my iPad taken at the rendezvous. Think your rig is cramped?
Attached Thumbnails
Hunter (1).jpg   Hunter (2).jpg  
Old 10-09-2016, 12:48 PM   #295

Thanks Dave for the bountiful harvest and Spam, I owe you some scrapple, or meat cookie as you call it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0751.jpg   IMG_0752.jpg  
Old 10-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #296

Hi Jim you're welcome. I will let my brother know you enjoyed them as he was the
grower. I took a sack to Niagara and gave them to Alf. Hope you are recovering from that marathon cross country trip. Say hello to Noelia for Rita and me.
Dave
Old 10-09-2016, 06:37 PM   #297

Noelia wants to know if you can bring any garlic for her next year...., and for me.....
Old 10-09-2016, 07:51 PM   #298

Garlic

I'll do what I can. My brother grew 600 this year. His original plant source was Johnnys seeds in Maine. He drove out there on a vacation and met Johnny in the field. Bought 6 garlic, the rest is history. Both my mother and maternal grandmother had a green thumb. My Czech grandfather grew his own tobacco and traded varieties with his Bohemian neighbors.
I was out to the farm yesterday. They are combining beans and picking some corn. Saw a nice looking 8 point buck.
Dave
Closed Thread