2016 Quartzsite Gathering - Quartzsite, AZ - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2015, 11:36 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
We've been to the RV show at Qsite - not that big a deal. I found the flea market more interesting. Actually I found hanging around camp visiting, drinking libations, and loafing even more enjoyable.
There are still plenty of booths over at Tysons Wells still around during the Feb trailer rally selling various treasures from the mysterious far east. They call it the Craft Show but it more like cr*p show. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, cheap, and we always manage to find plenty of goodies we can't live without. On my shopping list is a replacement campground rug for about $18 that Camping World sells for about $60.
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:46 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Last year was my Quartzsite rookie year. This year will be even better. I stayed 11 days last year and had a grand time. It's a great gathering. Kind of like a burning man for fiberglass trailers.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:41 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksAlot View Post
Last year was my Quartzsite rookie year. This year will be even better. I stayed 11 days last year and had a grand time. It's a great gathering. Kind of like a burning man for fiberglass trailers.
Mark
Good to see a post from you and the Boys, hope all is going well. Jake says Woof
Dave and Rita Smith
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:31 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Hi Dave and Rita,

Haven't been online much. 2 weeks ago got back from a 2-1/2 month, 8 state road trip. Had a great time. Dakota got pancreatitis and had to spend 2 day at a local vet. He's all better now. Blizzy is 14-1/2 and still going. Slower, but still going. Please tell Jake they say woof too.

Quartzsite may be the start of a cross country road trip. We'll see next year.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:11 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Thanks to Earl A we have designed and he is in production of the official 2016 Quartzsite Gathering commemorative button. These will be provided to the first 200 registrants at the Host Trailer (Limit 2 per Trailer). The photo is a special archive photo taken at the original 2008 Quartzsite Gathering that had 21 trailers in attendance, including your new Wagon Masters and the Quartzsite Kids. We look forward to seeing everyone there that can make it this year! Be one of the first kids on your block to have this great Quartzsite Gathering keepsake!
Attached Thumbnails
official-button.png  
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:43 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Like that button!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:14 AM   #27

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
A regular event

We won't have our Escape 21 until March. Is this Quartzsite rally a regularly scheduled event?
gmurchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:21 AM   #28

Yes, this is our 9th year and it is every year at around the same time. I saw you had sold ur Casita and weren't picking up until March. You're so close by, you should run over one of the days and say Hello.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #29

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
That's a definite. Enthusiastic agreement already from my (MUCH) better half.
gmurchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:49 PM   #30

Quartzsite Gathering Update

Quartzsite gathering update

Hello all, and a Happy New Year to everyone!

We're a little over 5 weeks away from the awesome annual Quartzsite Gathering and we're looking forward to seeing everyone there.

It has been a cooler year than normal in the AZ desert so be sure to bring some layers and jackets to allow for any range of weather conditions we may encounter. While the gathering officially runs Monday the 8thof February through Sunday the 14th you can come and go for any days that you can make or the entire gathering - whatever time fits your schedule.No reservations needed, no bill or checkout time when you leave. Although we do ask everyone contribute a can of soup (no cream soups) for the great soup event.

Remember this year we'll have our Quartzsite commemorative button/name tags. Stop by the host trailer and sign in to receive your buttons.(2 person per trailer limit) We are producing 200 of these keepsakes (Thanks to Earl) and when they run out, we're out. So don't dally; they're cool.

While we do have some activities at the Quartzsite gathering they are very informal and limited in their scope. Come join in if you desire or just relax on your patio (or someone else's) and kibitz to your heart's content.

All week opportunities and activities:

Quartzsite Show andSwap Meet Schedule:

http://www.xpopress....s-schedule.html

AZ Little HouseCustoms – by Konrad

This year since we will "officially" be attending as "Little House Customs Arizona," I thought it might be a good idea to share what I feel that I'll be able to do at Quartzsite, and perhaps more importantly, what I won't be doing.

Also, as a reminder of how all this got started; LHCAZ is basically a "kit installer" of Little House Customs products and mods. We don't have the beautiful, fully equipped mobile shop that Larry has so we can't do the custom work and metal fabrication that they do in Texas.

Quartzsite is different from most of the rallies that Larry Gamble (Little House Customs in Texas and the"mother ship") does in that it's a "boondocking" gathering.No electric and more importantly, no water or dump. Because of this I won't be doing any plumbing at Quartzsite. If you want Fast Gray Mod, Bathroom Remodelor Deck Plates installed, please make arrangements to have this work done a tour place in Camp Verde Arizona either before or after the gathering.

What I will be doing is lighter duty"mods". Lighted switches, three way porch light mods, folding kitchen shelf, fridge hinge brackets, screen door push bars, etc. I may do double stepsif there's room in the truck to bring them. I will also be able to do Orbital Machine Works (perfectcasita.com) Shock Kits but not the 3" lift. If you want a OMW Receiver Hitch you'll have to come to the house, 'cause they're just too big to haul to Quartzsite.

My plan is to bring a handful of different items, a pocket full of pop rivets and a willingness to talk to anybody about anything. Because we really don't make anything on the LHC products we sell we won't be having a "store". The parts I bring will just be for installation at Quartzsite.

Here's the key point: PLEASE let me know if you want to have work done at Quartzsite and what's on your Wish List. I'm pretty sure I can attend to everyone who wants work done but I'll need to know ahead of time so I can be sure to have parts and time schedules. Take a look at the Store at Home | Little House Customs and see what you might need. Let me know and I'll do my best to make it happen. Contact info is on the Little House website.

As I said above, we're really looking forward to Quartzsite again this year and I expect to be busy. I also expect to have some time to visit with people who are important and special to me. It's all a balance game and a fun one at that.

The "Drop Dead Gotta Be In By" date to get on the list is 1 Feb 2016. Contact me: Konrad, Lynn & Sparky - (928) 606-1916
Little House Customs Arizona - http://www.littlehou...omsarizona.com/

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing you all and having a great time as usual.

Ukulele Mark

Our resident Ukulele professional will be offering Ukulele workshops for a nominal fee on Wed and Friday afternoon (Check event whiteboard for timesand updates) culminating in a concert on Saturday night at the main loop campfire. To read more about Mark and contact him if you are interested in lessons or playing (anyone who plays any instruments is invited to join in and play) in the Saturday night concert, contact Mark directly for details at markbaker53@gmail.com and check out his website Ukulele, Guitar and Vocal Entertainer – Mark Baker Singer / Song Writer, Entertainer, Ukulele

Campfires

Campfires, and usually music, will be going on all week at the central campfire pit to gather to visit and meet new friends. Everyone that can, please contribute some firewood for the campfire, as there are no trees in Quartzsite to harvest.

Saturday Activities:

9 am – 12 noon – Arizona Eileen will be hosting the annual onsite swap meet.

Dome Rock Swap Meet Quartzsite Gathering Saturday, Feb 13, 2016 9am - 12 noon

This is your opportunity to recycle those camping items you no longer use!

SELLERS:
* Items must be camping-related...basically anything having to do with RVing. This can also include books, CDs, electronics, etc. -- stuff you'd use when traveling. No clothing items, please.
* Purchase a box of small envelopes at the Dollar Store (I'll also have some on hand).
On the front of the envelope, write: 1)Your name, 2) the item name, 3) the price, 4) your cell phone number
* Affix the envelope to the item you wish to sell and leave your item(s) on one of the tables at the Swap Meet.
* You must be willing to accept either cash or check.
* Buyers will place their payment into the envelope and then deposit it into a box designated as PAYMENTS.
* At 12 noon, sellers will be expected to come back to the tent to claim their payment(s) and/or item(s).
* There will be a table for FREE STUFF. No envelopes necessary; however, the items must be camping-related and reclaimed by noon.
DO NOT LEAVE THOSE ITEMS FOR OTHERS TO DISPOSE OF!
* If you have a table or ground cover we can use for a few hours to display items, please bring it along.
* No need to stick around if you don't want to since someone will be there keeping an eye on things.

BUYERS:
* Acceptable payments will be by cash (correct change appreciated) or check.
* Buyers may write their name and cell number on the envelope before depositing it into the box if they have questions for the Seller.

MISCELLANEOUS
No outside vendors are permitted without permission from Greg A., the rally host.

I will have A-Z Casita Owners Guide CDs and the following decals on hand: Jack Frame Under Here, Battery Charge, and Fresh Water Tank Gauges.

Questions? Suggestions? Email me at lovemycasita@ymail.com

Eileen

9:30 am - This year Betty will be teaching our daughter (Quartzsite Kid) to take over the Dutch oven treats. She will be learning Betty's Sopapilla recipe and we'll start handing them out first come first serve till they run out.

12:30 pm – The Great Soup event. All the collected cans of soup (remember no cream soups) will be carefully blended by our professional soup chef volunteers to create something- we have no idea what it will be. If you feel so inclined to bring over some sides like bread, cheese, crackers to contribute to the soup line it will be much appreciated.

1:30ish pm – Ladderball tournament. Immediately following the Great Soup Event will be the annual Ladderball tournament. Sign up your team of two at the host trailer and we'll match up single registrations as teams. Ladderball is a blast if you're not familiar with it, a very simple game and a lot of fun. We had 21 teams compete last year in a single elimination with some great prizes to the top three teams.

2:30ish pm – Naptime. 

6-7ish pm – The Saturday night concert led by Ukulele Mark and company. All musicians are invited to play and it should be quite fun!

General Gathering Information:

Getting hereThanks Arizona Eileen)

Program these coordinates into your GPS and it'll take you to exactly where you need to go.

33.643617,-114.304752

MAP OF QUARTZSITEGATHERING LOCATION

27503 Dome Rock Rd W, Quartzsite AZ 85346

There are TWO exits for access to Dome Rock Rd., #11 or #17, depending on which direction you're coming from.

You can barely see the gathering in the distance when passing by on I-10.

Host Trailer:

Escape 19 will be setup in the main center loop, arriving on Monday mid-day.

At the host trailer in addition to sign-in and commemorative buttons/name tags we will have an activity whiteboard with the activities listed and any changes or updates to times, etc.

This year we will also be adding, compliments of Fiberglass-rv-4sale.com,a trailer wanted and/or for sale whiteboard. If you are looking for a trailer to buy or have one that will be for sale we'll list it on the whiteboard and direct the buyers and sellers on how to get together at the gathering. Every year trailers have been available and sold as a result of the gathering, so it will be nice to coordinate those buyers and sellers this year.

BLM:

Even though there are no fees for 14 days to stay, you do have to go obtain a BLM permit. The BLM ranger trailer is just down the road from the gathering on the way to Love's and we'll give you directions when you sign in.

Sorry this is so long, but should provide everything you need to head over to Quartzsite and have a great time with us.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Your Wagonmasters and the Quartzsite Kids.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:06 PM   #31

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Great update. Really looking forward to attending. Doing lot's of maintenance stuff in preparation and hoping for a few days of warm weather so I can check the brakes and get the wheel bearings re-packed.

We're going to leave early, and take our time going down the coast. Done it lots of times but never tire of it.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:52 PM   #32

Do I need to give you our bird bath reports on the way down Ron?
Of course, Jon said it was 23 degrees this morning in Quartzsite at the Long Term site he's staying in. Hopefully, it will be it's usual balmy 70 degrees by February.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:55 AM   #33

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Bird bath report. Kamloops, BC.
Attached Thumbnails
bird bath.jpg  
Old 01-03-2016, 07:03 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Do I need to give you our bird bath reports on the way down Ron?
I've moved to a higher level of weather reporting. When there's frost on hummingbird feeder it's cold, when the sugar solution freezes, it's really cold. The last week I've had to take it in at night to thaw it out. That's due to end tomorrow and hopefully that's the last cold snap we have until we head for the sunshine and warmth.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
03-01-2016 1-40-17 PM08_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #35

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
What a neat picture, nature at it's prettiest!!
Old 01-03-2016, 07:20 PM   #36

That's an awesome pic Ron. You need to submit that to some hummingbird magazine.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:22 AM   #37

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Hoping you will keep us posted about your trip Ron. Really wanting to go South South too but due to unforeseen regulations, that trip for me might have to wait till next year.

Very best of luck,

Tom
Old 01-04-2016, 06:11 PM   #38

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I wonder if it's snowing there tonight.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:09 PM   #39

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Hi Greg, We will be there probably rolling in on Tues. looking forward to teaching 1-2 Ukulele workshops. Based on levels of players and response I could have a beginner, advanced beginner, and an intermediate / advanced if there's enough interest.
Looking forward to a fun time for all

Mark
Ukulelemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:48 PM   #40

Trailer: 2011 19' Escape
Send a message via Skype™ to Abeltaine
Stayed in quartzite last night. Warmed right up in the AM. Our first time there! What a TRIP! Couldn't get over all the rv variations... Still planning to drop by at the gathering on our way home from green valley.

Amy and Thorne. - (starting week 4 of our seven week tour...)
Abeltaine is offline   Reply With Quote