2016 Quartzsite Gathering - Quartzsite, AZ - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #81

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Q

We are filling up at home (Tucson) for a sure thing on good water even if we use bottled for drinking and coffee.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #82

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I always come to Quartzsite with a full onboard water tank and a 5gallon reserve in the truck bed, never needed any addl for the week. There are some full service rv parks, etc. where you can pull through and get water, propane, dump but not sure coming in from the West.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #83

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Donna, those coordinates are perfect. Ended up with Jon V. "out my back window"

Our cell phone works well at Dome Rock.

Don't haul water here. There's a place in town called the Pit Stop. 2 bucks to fill your trailer and other containers with filtered water or buy some R.O. water for 2 bucks a gallon for coffee etc.

Perfect temperatures, don't need the furnace at night and warm but not too hot during the day.

Almost finished my milkshake and using McDonalds wi-fi.

Looking forward to seeing others arrive.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #84

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Planning to arrive Thursday forenoon.

Ron - I'll have the solar controller if you want it. (Blue graphics - AZ license ESC19 , silver 2005 Tundra.)

I will also have a double step with the rod cut out - ready to install on a Casita or Escape. It mounts outside (instead of inside) the step hangars - just drill new bolt holes.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:49 PM   #85

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
You may be able to take on water at one of the gas stations just across the CA/AZ border, although I haven't tried. That is about it until you hit Quartzsite (about 4-5 miles past the Dome Rock rally area). There is the RV Pit Stop on AZ 95 a little north of town that has water, dumpsters & a dump station. No idea on the $ because since November I've been staying at the Long Term Visitors Area where I use the water fill, dump station & dumpsters for $180.00 for the entire winter.

If you are coming from the west on I 10, skip the Dome Rock Exit & take the first Quartzsite exit, turn left over I 10, right at the flashing red light then take a left at the first real stoplight. That will be AZ 95 - the RV Pit Stop will be on your right. They are only open 8:00AM to 5:00PM. If you are arriving much later, you might want to remain hooked up & make a run in the morning...
Old 02-06-2016, 10:36 PM   #86

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Thanks everyone. :-)
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:30 AM   #87

Hi again. :-)

To all the Escape owners who will be at Quartzite this weekend…

I just realized…. I have read many threads here on this awesome forum, and poured over the options list…. made spreadsheets…

and have owned a Casita 17' for four years (and read just about every thread over on the two Casita forums) so am fairly familiar with how a fiberglass travel trailer works….

But my wife, daughter and I have seen an Escape only once, a 21’ for about an hour in total. We plan on ordering a 2017 21’ Escape travel trailer April 1st.

We are about 20-ish years away from retiring… but with our young daughter we love to camp, when we can.

This weekend at Quartzsite there will be at least three 21’ Escapes (yay!) and I may have a chance to see some variations in what people did on their build sheet…..

The things I would most like to *SEE* this weekend, if anyone has any of these things on their Escape

… and would be willing to show us….

… in no particular order, would be:

The stock sink (FWIIW we only want 2 burners, and would turn it sideways to maximize counter space)

The stock Formica (to get a sense of the color)

The stock floor (to get a sense of the color)

The stock fabric (to get a sense of the color)

LED Awning Light (went up to $170 - ouch)

Tadi Brothers Model # 90117 backup cam.

Under trailer insulation (just to see it… i have read the threads)

“extended cabinet above drawer stack” (although I don’t even know what that is…)

The $475 Pro Series 600LB Trunnion WDH& sway control
OR
the $625 Trunnion- 92-00-0600 WDH& sway control

(it is my understanding that they dont install Andersen anymore. The Andersen had the big advantage of not needing to remove the sway bar before backing up…)

Does anyone happen to know if the two Trunnion models I mention above, [that ETI DOES currently install, that have sway control] have a sway that can stay *on* when backing up ?

Let me know - - - either post on this thread, or a personal message - - - - thanks! :-)

Los Angeles. (hopefully arriving 9-ish pm Friday, leaving probably around 11 am Sunday)

Acura MDX tug, 17’ Casita
Old 02-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #88

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19
Two dollars to fill our Escape 21 at the Pit Stop.
sandypass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:22 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Hi again. :-)

To all the Escape owners who will be at Quartzite this weekend…

I just realized…. I have read many threads here on this awesome forum, and poured over the options list…. made spreadsheets…

and have owned a Casita 17' for four years (and read just about every thread over on the two Casita forums) so am fairly familiar with how a fiberglass travel trailer works….

But my wife, daughter and I have seen an Escape only once, a 21’ for about an hour in total. We plan on ordering a 2017 21’ Escape travel trailer April 1st.

We are about 20-ish years away from retiring… but with our young daughter we love to camp, when we can.

This weekend at Quartzsite there will be at least three 21’ Escapes (yay!) and I may have a chance to see some variations in what people did on their build sheet…..

The things I would most like to *SEE* this weekend, if anyone has any of these things on their Escape

… and would be willing to show us….

… in no particular order, would be:

The stock sink (FWIIW we only want 2 burners, and would turn it sideways to maximize counter space)

The stock Formica (to get a sense of the color)

The stock floor (to get a sense of the color)

The stock fabric (to get a sense of the color)

LED Awning Light (went up to $170 - ouch)

Tadi Brothers Model # 90117 backup cam.

Under trailer insulation (just to see it… i have read the threads)

“extended cabinet above drawer stack” (although I don’t even know what that is…)

The $475 Pro Series 600LB Trunnion WDH& sway control
OR
the $625 Trunnion- 92-00-0600 WDH& sway control

(it is my understanding that they dont install Andersen anymore. The Andersen had the big advantage of not needing to remove the sway bar before backing up…)

Does anyone happen to know if the two Trunnion models I mention above, [that ETI DOES currently install, that have sway control] have a sway that can stay *on* when backing up ?

Let me know - - - either post on this thread, or a personal message - - - - thanks! :-)

Los Angeles. (hopefully arriving 9-ish pm Friday, leaving probably around 11 am Sunday)

Acura MDX tug, 17’ Casita
You can see several of those items on our 19 and there will be at least two 21's parked nearby from Mon. on. Look for a 19 with a solar panel way up in the air near the coordinates Donna mentioned previously.

Good wi-fi at the library.

My TV stick for my netbook died. Knew I should have gotten a 12 volt TV for this trip.

Ron
Old 02-07-2016, 09:56 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
You can see several of those items on our 19 and there will be at least two 21's parked nearby from Mon. on. Look for a 19 with a solar panel way up in the air near the coordinates Donna mentioned previously.......

Ron
Thanks Ron

And so your solar panel is somehow much higher than your 19' ?

How is that possible?
Old 02-07-2016, 10:05 PM   #91

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...nt-4951-6.html

See post #53 until Ron comes on line.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:42 PM   #92

Trailer: 2011 19' Escape
Send a message via Skype™ to Abeltaine
Arriving tonight around 11 and will need to skedaddle around 2 on Tuesday. Would love to at least put some faces to names! Grab me in the morning... I'll be the faded red head wandering about around 9 am...
Abeltaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:49 AM   #93

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
what are the dates for 2017 please, want to plan trip around Quartzite gathering...thanks!!
crnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:15 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...nt-4951-6.html

See post #53 until Ron comes on line.
Yup, definitely higher than the top of the trailer and it's loving the desert sunshine

Got my pin, button in Ameraspeak , thanks Greg.

Doug, thanks for the offer of the controller and as much as I'd hate to turn down a free controller, my ebay special, "Solar 30", is doing a great job. See you when you're here.

Having a great time chatting with folks from all over and really enjoying the character of the town. Definitely unique.

Ron
Old 02-09-2016, 03:17 PM   #95

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
For anyone interested, I have a web page for the Quartzsite Rally. Lots of photos - I'll add to it as the rally continues.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:21 PM   #96

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Thanks Jon, always great to see these events through your camera.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #97

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Ditto.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:30 PM   #98

Smile

I also just realized that I would love to sell my “like new” Parallax Power Supply Lower Section 7345 Converter (it came out of our 2011 Casita... when I upgraded to a sealed battery it needed a fancy power supply)

and also my NEVER USED (really like new) Trailer Valet (the original model, not the XL)

if anyone would like these… please let me know ASAP, and i’ll bring it with me to Quartzite 2016.

Let me know ASAP - tomorrow (wednesday) if possible.

Cash only. $97 for the Parallax Power Supply Lower Section 7345 Converter

and $197 for the Trailer Valet. (I bought the Trailer Valet and I never got around to installing it. It has been in our dry garage the whole time. I bought the fancy XL version, so i am selling this, the original version.)

Looking on ebay at completed listings this is a great deal. :-)

(a used, rusty Trailer Valet just sold on ebay for $199 + actual shipping)
Old 02-09-2016, 11:32 PM   #99

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Hey Quartzsite Escape folks, we would also like to see what's inside the Escapes. Our 17' Casta is currently parked on the third level next to an Escape 5.0TA. Flying a US and Texas flag and my tv is a red Ford F-150 EcoBoost. Hope we can connect!

Fred and Dora Morón

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:14 PM   #100

Lot's of Texas flags flying If you see our little Canadian flag you're welcome to drop by.

Ron