2016 Quartzsite Gathering - Your Hosts: Greg, Janea, and the kids
: Due to the number of trailers arriving early in the week in recent years we are elongating the official gathering dates. Last year we had 66 of the eventual 104 trailers in by Wed.
- February 8th to 11th (Monday thru Thurs) Early bird Quartzsite Pre-Gathering
- February 12th to 14th Main Event (Friday thru Sunday)
If you can attend the Main Gathering, the Pre-Gathering, or the entire Quartzsite Gathering we’d love to have you come and enjoy the good times. Some even stay for a Post-Gathering for a few days if you’re so inclined.
: Same location as always, Dome Rock area, Quartzsite Arizona. Approx. 5 miles west of Quartzsite on I-10, south side of highway next to the frontage road.
Who Can Attend
: Owners of all Molded Fiberglass Trailers brands - Casita, Scamp, Escape, Burro, U-haul, Bigfoot, Lil’ Snoozy, Compact Jr., Trillium, Boler, Parkliner, Eggcamper, Perris Pacer, etc. This gathering has always been, and will continue to be, a melting pot of all molded fiberglass trailer brands.
: There is no pre-registration, as this is free BLM land. We will have a registration/signup table at the Host Trailer. This is just first name(s), town, state and trailer type. Make sure you stop by the Host Trailer because not only do we want to meet you, the first 200 registrants will receive a FREE 2016 Quartzsite Gathering commemorative button!
BLM 14-day dry camping (no facilities) on hard packed dirt. Market, water and dump station are all located in Quartzsite, 5 miles to the east.
- BLM Permit: A BLM permit must be obtained and displayed on your trailer. These are available free of charge from the BLM host trailer located a mile or two from town on the frontage road.
- Campfires: Campfires are allowed. Please bring some firewood if you can. As usual we will have a central fire pit.
- Generators: Generators are OK, however quiet ones are even better. Please try not to run them too early or late. Respect your fellow campers.
- Check-in Check-out times – None. Come in and leave when you want to. Maximum stay in this area is 14 days. Best of all there is no bill and nothing owed when you leave!
: All pets must be kept on a leash while within the camp area. You are responsible for cleanup and sanitary disposal of your pet’s waste.
: No outside vendors will be allowed without prior approval from the hosts.
: The Quartzsite Gathering is traditionally not highly scheduled with activities. The few activities we have are on Saturday.
Soup Thing: If everyone would bring a can of soup (Not cream style) they are poured into a couple of large pots and shared with everyone on Saturday afternoon. Snacks are welcome.
- Ladder ball Tournament: Right after the Soup Thing. Great fun to be had at the Quartzsite Gathering Ladder ball Tournament. Never played? Not a problem. It is quick and easy to pick up the game and compete for great prizes. Last year’s tournament was quite an event and drew as many spectators as players. Join the fun and sign up your team at registration.
- Quartzsite Flea Markets: Throughout the town of Quartzsite, the Flea Markets run in the winter months during the influx of RV winter visitors and are quite interesting to spend a day or two rummaging around and finding treasures.
: Check the white board at registration for activities and approx. times.
Post any questions you have or to just say “Hello, we’ll be there”! We look forward to meeting many new friends and visiting with many old friends at one of the best gatherings of Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers (All brands are welcome) in the country.