2017 Escape Trailer Customer Appreciation Rally - Page 13 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #241

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thank you Arnie and Paula, looking forward to meeting you for the first time, and for helping out Leon...see you guys there, we too arrive on Wednesday.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #242

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
TIm - if you are coming to Spring NOG we can pick it up and deliver to Tammy at the Rally!
Jan
Old 02-22-2017, 05:36 PM   #243

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
I would be happy to help out. This will be our first rally so am happy to contribute while following more experienced folks lead. We will be arriving on wed. the 24th.
Thanks Arnie. I apprecieate the help. This is a good job to volunteer for. We just need to make sure everything is tagged with an owner's name when it is brought to the swapping of the stuff, and then drink your favorite refreshment and gab with folks who come to look things over. Last time I did this, several people found stuff they could use, so that is all good.

I will post the rules when we get closer to the rally. We have reservations but I don't have the specific site number handy, and based on past experience will probably end up in a different site anyhow
Old 02-22-2017, 08:54 PM   #244

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Pick up and deliver door prize to Tammy??

I have a door prize for the Customer Appreciation that I need delivered to Tammy in Chilliwack. Anyone going up I-5 between now and then willing to stop for 5 minutes at Kelso/Longview Exit just North of Portland? We aren't going but it is a nice gift that I want to get to them. You can PM me if you are. Greatly appreciated and whoever get it will also appreciate it. Thanks

Oh, we will make it worth your time by providing a cinnamon roll/coffee break for you.

Tim
Tim,
The week before we go to the rally, we'll be visiting my wife's brother who lives on the next hill over from you. Me thinks we could do this! I'll PM you.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #245

Well the countdown is starting, 90 days to the rally.....
Old 02-25-2017, 12:43 PM   #246

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Well the countdown is starting, 90 days to the rally.....
Wow, time's closing fast. Good thing I had assigned today to work on some small planned Mods.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:22 PM   #247

Trailer: 2016 19 foot Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fulica View Post
If you want to arrive early for the rally, Penticton hosts the meadowlark festival the weekend before. It is a 3 day event that we have attended before and highly recommend it if your into nature. Details of this years event won't be available until April but you can get an idea of what to expect from this link; Home of the Meadowlark Nature FestivalMeadowlark Nature Festival We expect to be there.
Any chance you might want to do a little birding session for the rally, maybe by kayak. I would sure be interested,? Love your blog, can't believe some of the shots that you have got.
neamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #248

Trailer: 2016 19 foot Escape
Kayak get together?

I plan to bring my (new to me) kayak. Any plans for a field trip?
neamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:38 AM   #249

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I'm bringing my kayak
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:11 AM   #250

Trailer: 2011 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by neamster View Post
Any chance you might want to do a little birding session for the rally, maybe by kayak. I would sure be interested,? Love your blog, can't believe some of the shots that you have got.
I am always up for birding. I don't have a kayak though. You will know me by the black Toyota Highlander. (I will be in a Escape)

My Blog; https://lenanddian.blogspot.com
Old Fulica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #251

I can not believe that our departure for the rally is a little more than 60 days from today while looking outside plus we are supposed to get our entire winter snow hit all in next week.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1030.jpg   IMG_1031.jpg   IMG_1034.jpg  
Old 03-10-2017, 08:59 AM   #252

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I can not believe that our departure for the rally is a little more than 60 days from today while looking outside plus we are supposed to get our entire winter snow hit all in next week.....
That is pale compared to here. After a bunch of nice weather we are back into a deep freeze, with daily snow fall. The thermometer currently reads -20°C (-4F). Still, a LONG ways out to rally time. And don't panic, it is actually 77 days until the rally.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:09 AM   #253

That is cold....hard to dream about warmth when it is so cold.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #254

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
It's hard to fathom that kind of cold. The high today is 78 but we expect a cold front to come in and the temps to drop to 63 later in the week.

Seems like a lot of folks down here are ready to go camping. We are leaving Sunday to Alabama for a couple of weeks to get out for a while. The bluebonnets are blooming a month early due to the temps and the trees are dumping pollen everywhere.

I guess two homes would be the answer - one up north for the summer and one down here for the rest of the time.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
It's hard to fathom that kind of cold. The high today is 78 but we expect a cold front to come in and the temps to drop to 63 later in the week.

Seems like a lot of folks down here are ready to go camping. We are leaving Sunday to Alabama for a couple of weeks to get out for a while. The bluebonnets are blooming a month early due to the temps and the trees are dumping pollen everywhere.

I guess two homes would be the answer - one up north for the summer and one down here for the rest of the time.
You already have 2 homes, one on wheels and one without.....
Old 03-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #256

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
That would kinda defeat the purpose of having a ski season, and result in missing out on all that fun.

Besides, like Jim said, I will have my second home on wheels should I wish to escape our winter. That is when I will visit the southern states and Mexico, not going to even risk living in hell by going in the summer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #257

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
That is pale compared to here. After a bunch of nice weather we are back into a deep freeze, with daily snow fall. The thermometer currently reads -20°C (-4F). Still, a LONG ways out to rally time. And don't panic, it is actually 77 days until the rally.
And we can hardly wait until the rally. Was into the trailer yesterday the memory foam mattress is as hard as a rock and just finished walking the dog in our lovely -22C morning. Getting real tired of winter especially since we were unable to get away somewhere warmer.

Jim N. the 77 days until the rally will go fast I am sure, have fun shovelling that snow!

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #258

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
When you live in a region with a cold climate, your choices are to:
- go somewhere where it is warm
- stay indoors and be a hermit (but warm)
- go out and be active and enjoy the cold weather.
Lately, my inclination has been to embrace the cold weather and partake in outdoor activities. My yesterday's 10k run was in temperatures of -18°C. If you dress for the weather, outdoor activities become quite fun and enjoyable. There may even be some cross-country skiing in the works for this weekend.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #259

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
When you live in a region with a cold climate, your choices are to:
- go somewhere where it is warm
- stay indoors and be a hermit (but warm)
- go out and be active and enjoy the cold weather.
Lately, my inclination has been to embrace the cold weather and partake in outdoor activities. My yesterday's 10k run was in temperatures of -18°C. If you dress for the weather, outdoor activities become quite fun and enjoyable. There may even be some cross-country skiing in the works for this weekend.
All good ideas Dave and when younger used to partake of the more active winter life, when we lived outside Thunder Bay strapped on the cross country skis at the back door and took off on my own trails. Our kids learned to cross country starting in October on man made snow at the now closed facility where the 1995 world nordic games were held.

But walking on icy roads (we had warmer temps a week ago) with the dog is enough winter exercise for me now.

Now let's get thread back on track for the Escape rally!

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #260

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
We've mostly traded in our CC skis for snowshoes as we've gotten, uum more mature. I think some of the very most beautiful times of the year are found in a late afternoon snowshoe thru the woods. The low sun angle makes for beautiful sights. But lately our snow comes, it warms up to freakishly warm temps and ruins it. Gotta be quick anymore around here to get out there before its turned to ice.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote