2017 Escape Trailer - Wine Tour - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2016, 03:35 PM   #1

2017 Escape Trailer - Wine Tour

Hello Everyone,

I have just received confirmation from OK Wine Tours that we have secured three vans for Friday, May 26, 2017 for a private tour we will have each van from 10am - 5pm.

OK Wine Shuttles will honor last years rate of $65/pp which includes taxes and free wine tasting. They will visit as many wine tours as we would like during the day and stop for lunch at a winery of your choosing. (You must pre-register to secure a seat on either of these tours)

Each Shuttle will hold 14 people and visited approximately 5 - 6 Wineries and stopped for lunch. (10am - 5pm)

On Saturday if there is enough people interested in a Saturday Wine Tour we can secure a shuttle. Please let me know. Otherwise OK Wine Tours will offer a Hop-On-Hop-Off tour. you can find more information on their website as to how the HOHO tours operate. www.okwineshuttle.ca

Please contact Escape Trailer Industries if you would like to participate in the Wine Tour.

All money will be collected upon check in for the Escape Trailer Rally as OK Wine Shuttle has changed their policy and now requires prepayment.

If you have any questions please contact The Escape Office Team at Escape Trailer Industries.
Escape Office is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy and Escape Office View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have just received confirmation from OK Wine Tours that we have secured three vans for Friday, May 26, 2017 for a private tour we will have each van from 10am - 5pm.

OK Wine Shuttles will honor last years rate of $65/pp which includes taxes and free wine tasting. They will visit as many wine tours as we would like during the day and stop for lunch at a winery of your choosing. (You must pre-register to secure a seat on either of these tours)

Each Shuttle will hold 14 people and visited approximately 5 - 6 Wineries and stopped for lunch. (10am - 5pm)

On Saturday if there is enough people interested in a Saturday Wine Tour we can secure a shuttle. Please let me know. Otherwise OK Wine Tours will offer a Hop-On-Hop-Off tour. you can find more information on their website as to how the HOHO tours operate. www.okwineshuttle.ca

Please contact Escape Trailer Industries if you would like to participate in the Wine Tour.

All money will be collected upon check in for the Escape Trailer Rally as OK Wine Shuttle has changed their policy and now requires prepayment.

If you have any questions please contact The Escape Office Team at Escape Trailer Industries.
Hello Everyone,
Due to the overwhelming response for the 2017 Escape Trailer Rally Wine Tour we have decided to extend the Wine Tour over three days. This means people can partake in the Wine Tour on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
To assist us with reserving buses we will ask those people who have expressed interest in the wine tour provide us with some further information.
Please contact the office to advise the following:
1) I would prefer to participate in the wine tour on:
Thursday
Friday
Saturday

2) There will be:
1 or 2 people participating.

Please feel free to forward any questions you may have.

Escape Trailer Industries Ltd.
43851 Industrial Way, Bldg. B
Chilliwack, BC, V2R 4L2

Tel: 604 703 1650 Toll Free: 1 855 703 1650
Fax: 604 703 1651

info@escapetrailer.com
sales@escapetrailer.com
Old 02-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy and Escape Office View Post
Hello Everyone,

Hello Everyone,
Due to the overwhelming response for the 2017 Escape Trailer Rally Wine Tour we have decided to extend the Wine Tour over three days. This means people can partake in the Wine Tour on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
To assist us with reserving buses we will ask those people who have expressed interest in the wine tour provide us with some further information.
Please contact the office to advise the following:
1) I would prefer to participate in the wine tour on:
Thursday
Friday
Saturday

2) There will be:
1 or 2 people participating.

Escape Trailer Industries Ltd.
43851 Industrial Way, Bldg. B
Chilliwack, BC, V2R 4L2

Tel: 604 703 1650 Toll Free: 1 855 703 1650
Fax: 604 703 1651

info@escapetrailer.com
sales@escapetrailer.com
Old 05-08-2017, 08:08 PM   #4

Wine Tour List of Participants

Here is the current list of Wine Tour Participants
Please remember we have booked our Wine Tour Shuttles based on those people who have registered through email and phone. If you have decided to NOT participate please let us know immediately so we can offer your seat to another Rally Attendee.
If you have not yet signed up for the wine tour please contact the Escape Office Team as there are only a few seats left.
All money for the Wine tour is collected in Cash (Yes, Canadian) and paid for when you register for the rally. This money is given directly to the driver when they arrive to pick you up.

THURSDAY
Shuttle One: FULL
Eric & Mary
Leon & Lindy
Tom & Unie
Tom & Yeemay
Cindy & Mike
Marti & John
Jill & Mike

Shuttle Two: ROOM FOR 1
Charlie & Lucy
Fred & Dora
Dave & Linda
Laurie & Tony
Sarah & Steve
Chuck & Joanne
Maria

FRIDAY
Shuttle One: FULL
Jack & Nancy
Lorna
Jim & Lisa
Trish & David
Raili & Allan
Ned & Carla Jean
Carol & Kirk
Diane

Shuttle Two: ROOM FOR TWO
Chuck & Paula
Len & Diane
Mary & Rich
Roberta & Craig
Peter & Jocelyne
Marry & Henk

Shuttle Three: FULL
Wolf & Gabi
Catherine & David
Ian & Sandy
Arnie & Paula
Klaus & Karen
Steven & Anita
Noelia
Bob

SATURDAY
Shuttle One: ROOM FOR FIVE
Kate
Tony & Shirley
Ursula
Harold
Bill & Ginger
Rochelle & Tom

Shuttle Two: FULL
Jim & Liz
Pat & Mark
Pene & Jack
Tony & Elly
Susanne & Dom
Dan & Sally
Jim & Valerie
Old 05-08-2017, 08:56 PM   #5

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
I would guess that which names appear on which " Bus number " is not set in stone as some of us may have developed some " wine-ing attachments " resulting in a tradition.......
Old 05-09-2017, 01:33 AM   #6

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i have a small friendly dog I will check on/walk yours if you will check on/walk mine while we are on the wine trip
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:06 AM   #7

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i have a small friendly dog I will check on/walk yours if you will check on/walk mine while we are on the wine trip
Hi Kate,

We would love to take you up on that offer! Our tour is Friday, and yours is Saturday so that should work out. We are planning to arrive Wed and have a 2013 '19 pulled by a blue Tacoma.

Our dog is a little rat terrier named Kizzy. Will send you a PM with phone #. I will have international calling set up.

Arnie & Paula
Bremerton, WA
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
I would guess that which names appear on which " Bus number " is not set in stone as some of us may have developed some " wine-ing attachments " resulting in a tradition.......
Noelia is glad she will be with you guys as I'm staying with the dogs.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Agreed. These traditions should not be broken.

Besides, after all these years of wine touring, you certainly should be in Bus Number One.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #10

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Just make sure, before hopping on bus 1, to do headcount on bus 2!!! (Will be wasted by the time hubby finds out I am missing)
Old 05-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #11

That's great Arnie and Paula I have a shorty Jack Russel . I'm arriving Wednesday too and driving a red ford 150 hauling a 17. I'm staying on the water but i don't have a site number yet. Kate Gormally and Fig
Old 05-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
I'm staying on the water but i don't have a site number yet. Kate Gormally and Fig
Hope you're not IN the water what with flooding north and east of Osoyoos.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Noelia is glad she will be with you guys as I'm staying with the dogs.
So happy to to know Noelia is coming !
Old 05-09-2017, 03:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Agreed. These traditions should not be broken.

Besides, after all these years of wine touring, you certainly should be in Bus Number One.
We absolutely need to add to that collection of photos at Lastella .....can't imagine it without you guys . ( need to check if you been teaching that little brother right )....
Old 05-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
We absolutely need to add to that collection of photos at Lastella .....can't imagine it without you guys . ( need to check if you been teaching that little brother right )....
Must do LaStella. If I buy any wine at all, it will be their Fortisimo. By far the best red in the valley. Their Maestoso Merlot is supposed to be even better, but a little out of my price range.

I tried with my baby brother, I really did. His behaviour will not be my fault.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Must do LaStella. If I buy any wine at all, it will be their Fortisimo. By far the best red in the valley. Their Maestoso Merlot is supposed to be even better, but a little out of my price range.

I tried with my baby brother, I really did. His behaviour will not be my fault. .... lol
We really liked the Muscatto ....nice for summer evening sipping we'll need to try the reds again ....

ps ....don't forget to wash that wine shirt !!
Old 05-09-2017, 05:44 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
I humbly suggest the following as your 2017 mascots.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:21 PM   #18

Quote:
The Bus Number was solely for the purpose of ensuring we did not over book. Each bus only holds 14 people (which compares to airline seating) and there was a limited number of buses available each day.

This year the Wine Tour is more popular than ever which required a new plan to meet the demand. By breaking it into three days we believe wine-friends can choose the day which will work best with their schedule and not everyone has to cram everything into one day. This way you can participate in other activities.

One concern at this time is the tour company reserves the right to 'sell' the remaining seats if we do not fill them which means you may end up with one or two tails for the trip. - This have never been an issue in the past however it is only fair to provide the newbies with a 'heads-up'.

If you are considering the Wine Tour or are unsure. - As a participant it is money well spent. The day flys by and you get to know the other people on the bus quite well. As the previous posts have already mentioned the Wine Tour and Rally Creates Friendships which span borders, and years.

Have a great time on the tour....and remember the before and after photos!

Tammy
Old 05-10-2017, 11:41 PM   #19

I agree as a single person on my first rally it was nice to meet new people and wine makes everyone friendly
Old 05-11-2017, 03:09 AM   #20

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
I'm not going on any of the wine tours, but I am available for dog duty. Walking, checking, etc. I have a pug/min pin mix. PM me if interested.