2017 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 29-Oct 1 - Page 17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2017, 07:53 AM   #321

Trailer: 2023 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
I feel like we had more questions about our dish washing set up than the camper so I thought I'd put up a picture.
It was our first trip with it and we really liked it. The table is from
https://www.gcioutdoor.com/tables-ca...-cook-station/
It's surprisingly sturdy, very easy to set up, and when folded down it fits through the exterior hatch on our 19. It's the perfect height for the outdoor shower with a flexible spigot, and it's also a little higher than a picnic table which made it easier to work on.

Attachment 27493
I'm having trouble finding that flexible spigot, can you tell me what brand it is.
Traverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:03 AM   #322

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traverson View Post
I'm having trouble finding that flexible spigot, can you tell me what brand it is.
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../PF247011.html
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:46 AM   #323

Trailer: Previous 19 owners; Now an LTV, Unity MB class B+
We would like to express our thanks as well, not only to Paul and Janet for organizing the rally, but to all who allowed us to see your units up close and personal. Since Escape sells their products direct, we know they appreciate current owners showcasing their trailers to those who can't get to their showroom. Escape owners are certainly willing to help others in making decisions, not only regarding fiberglass "egg" trailers and Escape Trailers in general, but also the many features and options to consider. We didn't get to see everyone's as the time set aside for the tours went very fast. And we even started a bit early at the invite of Tash at 11:45 Am and ending a bit late with mtnest at about 3:40 PM. We are confirmed in our minds that the 19 is just the right unit for us and will now be completing our build sheet due next week. Hope to see all again at some future ralley's with our 19.

Ken & Karla
kwic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #324

Trailer: 2023 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Thank you, it's on order.
Traverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #325

Trailer: 2010 17B Escape (Blue I)
Lug nut contest was a blast & thanks to Thoer, Iowa Dave, & everyone for the event.
Entire rally was a blast so thanks to Fudge Brownie & so many others too.
Well I need to buy a lug nut wrench so the wife can practice for next year’s competition.
What type & size?
Thanks
MinPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #326

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinPin View Post
Lug nut contest was a blast & thanks to Thoer, Iowa Dave, & everyone for the event.
Entire rally was a blast so thanks to Fudge Brownie & so many others too.
Well I need to buy a lug nut wrench so the wife can practice for next year’s competition.
What type & size?
Thanks
Steve, the Harbor Freight ones that often go on sale for $9.99 are plenty good for lug nuts. Interesting that all 3 of the ones we tested against the $300 Proto's were right on. I wouldn't use one professionally as I would imagine it would not hold up to everyday use, but for torquing trailer lugs nuts they seem to fine. Pick up a 1/2" drive extension and a 13/16" socket while you are there too.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:19 PM   #327

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traverson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Yep, that’s it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	702CE7EA-ABB0-4091-BEC5-49FA2F3C327C.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	27498
Mine looks a little bit different because I added a valve between the flex and the quick connection. It lets me set the temperature and just start and stop flow like the interior shower handle.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:28 PM   #328

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
Yep, that’s it.
Attachment 27498
Mine looks a little bit different because I added a valve between the flex and the quick connection. It lets me set the temperature and just start and stop flow like the interior shower handle.
I like that setup. We have the outside shower on the Passenger side of our 19 and use it with the hose for dishes. I have been looking at the spigot at etrailer. Where did you get the shutoff valve? Is it something special or are there just pipe threads so you can use a home depot valve?
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #329

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Thanks to Paul, Eric, Dave and all who helped set up this rally. It was our first and we had a great time meeting all the escapees, learning from others and generally relaxing in a beautiful setting on the Mississippi river. We had great weather to go along with everything else.

Here a few pictures I took of a the "sea of Escapes" plus a beautiful sunset on the river.

Someone, seeing all the Escapes asked if we were a "cult"? I guess the answer is "yes".
Attached Thumbnails
Rally.jpg   Sunset.jpg  
Old 10-03-2017, 03:03 PM   #330

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Just to add. The wrench won by Bill Sonnenburg was donated to the campers in 115 on Sunday morning. They don't come any better than Bill. We validated that Harbor Freight wrench on our 21 lug nuts against my 30 to 150 lb Proto and it was "NUTS ON".
Iowa Dave
Old 10-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #331

Wrench

We use 1/2 inch drive wrenches with a range from 20 ft lbs to 150 ft Lbs. the extension is a 1/2 inch drive by 6 inch length. The socket can be either shallow or deep well and 6 "point" is superior to 12 point in my not so humble opinion. After you use your wrench return it to the lowest setting it's rated for, it will stay in calibration longer. Wipe it down to keep it nice.
Iowa dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #332

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Vicky and I really enjoyed our first predominately Escape rally! Thank you so much Paul! We plan on joining everyone again next year and hope to keep in touch until then.

Right now we are in a McDonalds at a Love's truck stop on the Ohio/Penn border. We should be in Niagara Falls by early afternoon tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:52 PM   #333

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
Vicky and I really enjoyed our first predominately Escape rally! Thank you so much Paul! We plan on joining everyone again next year and hope to keep in touch until then.

Right now we are in a McDonalds at a Love's truck stop on the Ohio/Penn border. We should be in Niagara Falls by early afternoon tomorrow.
You are 2 weeks too late, you should have gone to the Niagara first and then big M rally.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:10 PM   #334

I bet the fall color at Niagara and on up to Niagara on the lake is real good by now. There aren't too many towns prettier than Niagara on the Lake Ontario Canada. The flowers and charm of the buildings wow. I looked down and did not have any socks on.
Just off the parkway a couple miles is Betty's at Chippawa. Great food.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-03-2017, 08:56 PM   #335

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
I like that setup. We have the outside shower on the Passenger side of our 19 and use it with the hose for dishes. I have been looking at the spigot at etrailer. Where did you get the shutoff valve? Is it something special or are there just pipe threads so you can use a home depot valve?
The valve is nothing special, just a threaded ball valve and a short nipple from the hardware store. Very easy to do.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:56 PM   #336

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
Fantastic time meeting everyone. Ellen and I enjoyed it all . Thanks Paul, Erik and Dave for all your efforts. Beautiful site and 4 nights of group campfires.
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #337

Trailer: 17B Picked up 4/19/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Hopefully Bill made a clean escape from them after our illegally advertised sale of the grill to him!! And I was small potatoes next to Adrian!!
I left early under the cover of darkness just to be safe. Had a great time, hope to see everyone next year.

Bill
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:15 PM   #338

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I left early under the cover of darkness just to be safe. Had a great time, hope to see everyone next year.

Bill
Well done. I wonder if they followed Adrian to the border to make sure that desperado left the country!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #339

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Well done. I wonder if they followed Adrian to the border to make sure that desperado left the country!
Yes Eric we left yesterday. Planned to stay at the campground Mary and I found south of Superior, but it was pouring when we neared it so decided to Walmart it in Superior. Had a night of constant rain and thunder Patches barked continually. Breakfasted at a great place, the Duluth Grill, second time there after having seen years ago on Diners, Driveins and Dives. Had an uneventful lovely drive up the north shore, through customs no problem, then on to our son's in Thunder Bay.

I would like to extend our thanks also to Paul, Dave and others involved in making the weekend great!

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:29 PM   #340

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Moving Forward

Quote:
Dan, have you put the Casita up for sale yet? Great to meet you and Martha. I sure was relieved when we had such nice folks in our "buddy" site!
Just reached out to Escape to order a 21' Life is is too short and so is the Casita. Dan
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote