2017 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 29-Oct 1 - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2017, 11:28 AM   #141

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Carp

Hi Paul
Just by chance I happen to be a long time member of the Loyal order of the Crow and Carp. We are a group of left wing environmental wackos who believe the World is a sacred trust not to be ruined for
Future Generations. At our semi annual meetings I do a dramatic reading of a wide ranging topical nature. In early May I will be reading from Ivan Doigs "English Creek and a little known publication which chronicals the efforts of a Czech family
During the Nazi Occupation and their efforts to provide protein in the form of carp to starving people. Do not denegrate the Carp. He's a back alley two fisted rowdy who never heard of the Marquis of
Queensbury and his slashing runs and bull headed power will put most gamefish to shame.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #142

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Paul
Just by chance I happen to be a long time member of the Loyal order of the Crow and Carp. We are a group of left wing environmental wackos who believe the World is a sacred trust not to be ruined for
Future Generations. At our semi annual meetings I do a dramatic reading of a wide ranging topical nature. In early May I will be reading from Ivan Doigs "English Creek and a little known publication which chronicals the efforts of a Czech family
During the Nazi Occupation and their efforts to provide protein in the form of carp to starving people. Do not denegrate the Carp. He's a back alley two fisted rowdy who never heard of the Marquis of
Queensbury and his slashing runs and bull headed power will put most gamefish to shame.
Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... Carp, carp, crap!!!: Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #143

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Hi Paul
Dave
When I was a child growing up in Minnesota , Iowegeians always fascinated and confused us . We never understood why someone would drive 500 to 700 miles to Northern Minnesota where the Walleye is king and then fish for bullheads.
We could always pick out the Iowegeians on the lake , they were fishing out of an overloaded Jon boat with a cane pole , wearing a straw hat with a green sunshade visor , with a stringer of bullheads and suckers hanging off the side of the boat and their shirt pocket was full of $2 bills.

We used to fish for carp on the Mississippi River when we were kids .
We would bring the Carp home in a bucket and my dad would bury them in the garden as fertilizer for the corn and tomatoes.
We had the best garden in the neighborhood.

Hopefully Iowa Dave can help me relive some of my childhood memories !.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #144

Vacationers

Hi Steve
Having heard a fair number of Iowa and Minnesota jokes I will not get into a match with anyone because it turns ugly too fast. I will however give you a paraphrase on your Iowa vacationers comment as
I heard it. How can you tell an Iowa vacationer in Minnesota?
He's wearing a new pair of striped overalls with a $5 bill in the front pocket.
And he doesn't change either one all week.
Rimshot please
Dave
Old 04-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #145

Quote:
Hi Steve
Having heard a fair number of Iowa and Minnesota jokes I will not get into a match with anyone because it turns ugly too fast. I will however give you a paraphrase on your Iowa vacationers comment as
I heard it. How can you tell an Iowa vacationer in Minnesota?
He's wearing a new pair of striped overalls with a $5 bill in the front pocket.
And he doesn't change either one all week.
Rimshot please
Dave
The Minneapolis paper did a survey of grade school age children in Minnesota a while back . One interesting fact from the survey was that the majority of Minnesota children thought Iowa fought for the Confederacy during the Civil War.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #146

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
After the first years rally we had to ban fish stories, there were so many tall ones it smelled like fish in the campground. The second year we banned lies and half truths. The result of all this was those activities moved to the forum.
You go banning anything else, Dave's gonna have to camp across the Big Muddy in Iowa and commute across in his fishing boat... Time to start remembering my endless list of Ole and Lena jokes....

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #147

The Polar Craft with the 40 HP tiller steer will do the job. And I've go the arms to hold on to her. She's my baby.
Dave
Old 04-23-2017, 01:53 PM   #148

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
The Polar Craft with the 40 HP tiller steer will do the job. And I've go the arms to hold on to her. She's my baby.
Dave
With all these new rules our Fearless Leader is enforcing, I may need to commute back and forth with yah! Can we fish on the way?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #149

We will go trolling but don't tell Rita.
Dave
Old 04-23-2017, 02:07 PM   #150

Quote:
We will go trolling but don't tell Rita.
Dave
"FL" will probably let Mary and Rita into the rally, it's probably just you and me who will have to sneak in undercover anyway.... We're probably gonna be needing at least an F550 to pull that boat don't yah think?

Old 04-30-2017, 05:41 PM   #151

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
I just cancelled site 123. Meant to do it earlier but forgot. I remain in 113.
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:00 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoke View Post
I just cancelled site 123. Meant to do it earlier but forgot. I remain in 113.
Sorry to hear that you are moving !

Your former neighbors in site #122
Old 05-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #153

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Our first rally

ETI moved the completion of our 19 up from Oct. to Sept. 15. so we are planning to attend this as our first rally. It should be an interesting few weeks as we have never trailered before. We will have to head to Chilliwack from Missouri, get oriented and hooked up, and then head back east towing our new Escape.
We are hoping that ETI improves on the date, even a little, as we would like to attend Katie's high school reunion in Watertown, WI., which is scheduled for Sept. 23. We doubt we will make the reunion if we get our trailer on the 15th, but a few day earlier could make it happen.
Regardless of the reunion, we are planning to make this event.
We have reserved site #105.
We are looking forward to meeting all of you and learning the ropes.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #154

Hatchling

Bob and Katie
Looks like you'll have a pretty good shot at the prize for the newest trailer. Get ready for trailer tour lookers, those new ones are popular.
Dave
Old 05-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #155

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Bob and Katie
Looks like you'll have a pretty good shot at the prize for the newest trailer. Get ready for trailer tour lookers, those new ones are popular.
Dave
Do you think we might get the prize for the oldest

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #156

Prize?

Prize for the oldest camper or prize for the oldest camper? We can't descriminate and only allow Escapes in the competition and I know there's a pretty old boler coming. I already told you I'd buy a beer for any Canadian there and offered to share my awning with you if you would sing "I hate to see that evening sun go down" Jeez what do I gotta do? Waxed my beauty rings today, lookin studley.
Dave
Old 05-17-2017, 09:47 PM   #157

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Took me a while to find where I'd heard the reference to your modern combination.

We're in a COE near Grand Junction, Kansas, tonight, wandering like we've lost our compass, all to avoid, the tornadoes, hail, and now the Rocky Mountain blizzards.

Maybe we can catch a glimpse of Jim Norman as he goes by here somewhere. He'll probably melt the snow, at least in one lane.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:12 PM   #158

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We had awful storms in Des Moines today with pea-sized hail. Hope that is all for now. Had just put the trailer back after going to a scale and bothering with trailer stuff for several hours.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:38 PM   #159

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post

We're in a COE near Grand Junction, Kansas, tonight, wandering like we've lost our compass, all to avoid, the tornadoes, hail, and now the Rocky Mountain blizzards.
Junction City?
There is a COE in Smithville MO in the Kansas City area if you are going that way. Run by the county though, I think.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:52 AM   #160

Storms

Hi Bill and Earline,
Good to hear you are doing ok. We had big weather here yesterday but no immediate damage. We will be heading out on Friday. Sorry for the oblique reference it's how my mind has always been. Notice I did not say functioned. Just watching the news. They lost a large tree in the eastern Iowa town of Lone Trree. Probably have to rename the town Lone. Gotta go I got a lot of hay down.
Dave