2017 Quartzsite Gathering 10th Anniversary - Quartzsite AZ - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2016, 12:48 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
2017 Quartzsite Gathering 10th Anniversary - Quartzsite AZ

The dates for the 10th Anniversary 2017 will be Monday February 6th, 2017 through Sunday February 12th, 2017. Mark your calendars and make your plans to attend to celebrate 10 years of this gathering in the Arizona Desert. Since this event takes place on BLM Land there are no reservations, fees, or checkout times necessary.

No details of the gathering will be posted at this time. Check back on this post over the months ahead and as the details become available they will be posted on this thread.

We look forward to seeing everyone that can join us in 2017.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Gracias, senor!
Old 02-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Too bad the dates do not connect with Presidents Day

:-(
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Too bad the dates do not connect with Presidents Day

:-(
That's why sick leave was invented.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:04 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
That's why sick leave was invented.
Yup. Usually it's "I" problems, like
"I just can't see goin' to work today."
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:08 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We called it "slick leave"....
Old 02-21-2016, 11:24 AM   #7

It is a full moon weekend which is spectacular in the desert if the weather is good.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
It is a full moon weekend which is spectacular in the desert if the weather is good.

Sounds cool. :-)

Also the advantage of NOT a long weekend is that driving in and out of Los Angeles may be better on a regular weekend than on a long weekend.

:-)
Old 10-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #9

2017 Quartzsite Gathering Hosts: Scamp Owners International - Greg, Janea and Quartzsite kids. Co-Host Earl and the “lil Nut.”

This gathering is for all brands of Molded Fiberglass Trailers!

Dates:
February 6th to 9th - Early bird Quartzsite Pre-Gathering (Mon thru Thurs)
February 10th to 12th - Main Event (Friday thru Sunday)

If you can attend the Main Gathering, the Pre-Gathering, or the entire Quartzsite Gathering we’d love to have you come and enjoy the good times. Some even stay for a Post-Gathering for a few days if you’re so inclined.

Where: Same location as always, Dome Rock area, Quartzsite Arizona. Approx. 5 miles west of Quartzsite on I-10, south side of highway next to the frontage road.

MAP OF QUARTZSITEGATHERING LOCATION

GPS: 33.643617,-114.304752

Who Can Attend: Owners of all Molded Fiberglass Trailers brands - Casita, Scamp, Escape, Burro, U-haul, Bigfoot, Lil’ Snoozy, Compact Jr., Trillium, Boler, Parkliner, Eggcamper, Perris Pacer, etc. This gathering has always been, and will continue to be, a melting pot of all molded fiberglass trailer brands.

There is no pre-registration, as this is free BLM land. We will have a registration/signup table at the Host Trailer in the main loop. This is just first name(s), town, state and trailer type. Make sure you stop by the Host Trailer because not only do we want to meet you, the first 300 registrations will receive a FREE 2017 Quartzsite Gathering 10 year Anniversary button! (Our Canadian friends called this a Pin)

Camping:
Free BLM 14-day dry camping (no facilities) on hard packed dirt. Market, water and dump station are all located in Quartzsite, 5 miles to the east. This is “Boondocking” with no hookups. If you are unfamiliar with how to setup your trailer for Boondocking you can read theses excellent resources on Boondocking.

What to Bring: Full Water Tank, Extra Water in Tow Vehicle, Empty Gray and Black Tanks, Generator or Solar Charging options, can of non-cream based soup for the soup event, a dessert for the dessert event, and firewood (optional).

BLM Permit: A BLM permit must be obtained and displayed on your trailer. These are available free of charge from the BLM host trailer located a mile or two from town on the frontage road.

Campfires: Campfires are allowed. Please bring some firewood if you can help out. We will have central fire pit activities/concerts on Friday and Saturday night.

Generators: Generators are OK, however quiet ones are even better. Please try not to run them too early or late. Respect your fellow campers.
Check-in Check-out times – None. Come in and leave when you want to. Maximum stay in this area is 14 days. Best of all there is no bill and nothing owed when you leave!

Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash while within the camp area. You are responsible for cleanup and sanitary disposal of your pet’s waste.

Trash: You are responsible for your trash. We only leave footprints when we depart. Trash may be dropped off at the landfill for free Sunday through Wednesday at this location: Quartzsite Transfer Station Location: 2 1/2 miles N of Quartzsite on Hwy 95, West Side, Quartzsite, AZ 85346

Tips of things to do in Quartzsite

Activities: The Quartzsite Gathering is traditionally not highly scheduled with activities. The few activities we have are on Friday and Saturday.

Friday Night Campfire and Dessert Event: New this year we will have a dessert event at the central campfire. Everyone bring a favorite dessert to the tables, along with your chairs, for a taste of dessert followed by a campfire concert with Pete and Jackie. All musicians are invited to join in with Pete and Jackie for a great evening of music.

Ukulele Lessons and Saturday Night Campfire Concert: Our resident Ukulele professional, Mark Baker, will be offering Ukulele workshops for a nominal fee during the week (Check event whiteboard for times and updates) culminating in a concert on Saturday night at the main loop campfire. To read more about Mark and contact him if you are interested in lessons or playing (anyone who plays any instruments is invited to join in and play) in the Saturday night concert, contact Mark directly for details at markbaker53@gmail.com and check out his website Mark Baker Singer / Song Writer, Entertainer, Ukulele – Guitar, Ukulele, Entertainer, Workshops

Saturday Ladder ball Tournament: At 10:00 a.m., right before the Soup Thing. Great fun to be had at the Quartzsite Gathering Ladder ball Tournament. Never played? Not a problem. It is quick and easy to pick up the game and compete for great prizes. Last year’s tournament was quite an event and drew as many spectators as players. We have moved this event to morning so it will be cooler. Join the fun and sign up your team at registration.

Saturday Soup Thing: If everyone would bring a can of soup (Not cream style) they are poured into a couple of large pots and shared with everyone on Saturday afternoon. Snacks are welcome.

Quartzsite Flea Markets: Throughout the town of Quartzsite, the Flea Markets run in the winter months during the influx of RV winter visitors and are quite interesting to spend a day or two rummaging around and finding treasures. Check the heading for current vendor information.

White Board: Check the white board at registration for all activities and approximate times.

Vendors: No outside vendors will be allowed without prior approval from the hosts. We are on BLM Land and their regulations do not allow vendors to sell goods on BLM Lands, so we have to be very careful on what is allowed.

Currently approved vendors:

AZ Little House Customs – by Konrad:

This year since we will "officially" be attending as "Little House Customs Arizona," I thought it might be a good idea to share what I feel that I'll be able to do at Quartzsite, and perhaps more importantly, what I won't be doing.

Quartzsite is different from most of the rallies that Larry Gamble (Little House Customs in Texas and the "mother ship") does in that it's a "boondocking" gathering. No electric and more importantly, no water or dump. Because of this I won't be doing any plumbing at Quartzsite. If you want Fast Gray Mod, Bathroom Remodelor Deck Plates installed, please make arrangements to have this work done a tour place in Camp Verde Arizona either before or after the gathering.
What I will be doing is lighter duty "mods". Lighted switches, three way porch light mods, folding kitchen shelf, fridge hinge brackets, screen door push bars, etc. I may do double steps if there's room in the truck to bring them. I will also be able to do Orbital Machine Works (perfectcasita.com) Shock Kits but not the 3" lift. If you want a OMW Receiver Hitch you'll have to come to the house, 'cause they're just too big to haul to Quartzsite.
My plan is to bring a handful of different items, a pocket full of pop rivets and a willingness to talk to anybody about anything. Because we really don't make anything on the LHC products we sell we won't be having a "store". The parts I bring will just be for installation at Quartzsite.
Here's the key point: PLEASE let me know if you want to have work done at Quartzsite and what's on your Wish List. I'm pretty sure I can attend to everyone who wants work done but I'll need to know ahead of time so I can be sure to have parts and time schedules. Take a look at the Store at http://www.littlehousecustoms.com(link is external) (link is external) and see what you might need. Let me know and I'll do my best to make it happen. Contact info is on the Little House website.
The "Drop Dead Gotta Be In By" date to get on the list is 1 Feb 2017. Contact me: Konrad, Lynn & Sparky - (928) 606-1916
Little House Customs Arizona - http://www.littlehou...omsarizona.com/(link is external) (link is external)
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing you all and having a great time as usual.

Dome Rock Swap Meet Quartzsite Gathering Saturday, Feb 11, 2017 9am - 12 noon:

This is your opportunity to recycle those camping items you no longer use!

SELLERS:
Items must be camping-related...basically anything having to do with RVing. This can also include books, CDs, electronics, etc. -- stuff you'd use when traveling. No clothing items, please.

Purchase a box of small envelopes at the Dollar Store (I'll also have some on hand).
On the front of the envelope, write: 1) Your name, 2) the item name, 3) the price, 4) your cell phone number
Affix the envelope to the item you wish to sell and leave your item(s) on one of the tables at the Swap Meet.
You must be willing to accept either cash or check.
Buyers will place their payment into the envelope and then deposit it into a box designated as PAYMENTS.
At 12 noon, sellers will be expected to come back to the tent to claim their payment(s) and/or item(s).
There will be a table for FREE STUFF. No envelopes necessary; however, the items must be camping-related and reclaimed by noon.
DO NOT LEAVE THOSE ITEMS FOR OTHERS TO DISPOSE OF!
If you have a table or ground cover we can use for a few hours to display items, please bring it along.
No need to stick around if you don't want to since someone will be there keeping an eye on things.

BUYERS:

Acceptable payments will be by cash (correct change appreciated) or check.
Buyers may write their name and cell number on the envelope before depositing it into the box if they have questions for the Seller.

MISCELLANEOUS
No outside vendors are permitted without permission from Greg A., the rally host.

I will have A-Z Casita Owners Guide CDs and the following decals on hand: Jack Frame under Here, Battery Charge, and Fresh Water Tank Gauges.

Questions? Suggestions? Email me at lovemycasita@ymail.com (link sends e-mail)

Eileen

From the Hosts:

Post any questions you have on this thread or to just say “Hello, we’ll be there”! We look forward to meeting many new friends and visiting with many old friends at one of the best gatherings of Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers (All brands are welcome) in the country. It's our Quartzsite Gathering 10 year Anniversary!
Old 10-03-2016, 06:24 PM   #10

Hope to make it, and thanks to all, for making this happen!
Old 10-24-2016, 09:46 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Planning to be there!

We pick up our 2017 21' Escape in early January and plan to be at the rally at Quartsite, AZ!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:22 PM   #12

Nice! Be great to have a 2nd Gen 21 in attendance. Look forward to seeing you there in the new rig.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:04 AM   #13

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Fred, that is great that you will only be without a unit for such a short period of time....
Old 10-25-2016, 08:14 AM   #14

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Fred, that is great that you will only be without a unit for such a short period of time....
Thanks Jim!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:37 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I would love to attend this gathering, though the timing of my 2017 5.0 will be critical, as I need to first get it in time to get it back home (through a few mountain ranges in winter time, then finish the interior to where it is usable, and then make the 2,417 km (1,502 mile) trek with lots of stops along the way. Seems not to feasible, though there is always next year, and the year after.......
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:11 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Thanks for hosting, we're hoping to make it again. We're also hoping to go to Baja again but we haven't worked out dates and times yet.

One thing I'm curious about is testing my new King Jack antenna from that location. My 4 bay antenna didn't get any stations at all so I'll be happy if the new one pulls in a few. I know some folks were receiving signals so if I can I'll know for sure that the King Jack is superior to the old one.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:58 PM   #17

Hope you can make it Jim. 10th anniversary and we are about ready to reveal the Quartzsite 10th Anniversary Button/Pin.

Ron, love to see you again at the rally. I'm trying to reorganize things a bit this year so I have more time to visit folks. We didn't expect almost 200 trailers last year. Wish I could go on down to Baja with ya'll afterwards, but not there yet. I have the King Jack ETI install and where I was parked could not get channels, but I understand if you park up on the Heights you are able to receive some TV.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:55 PM   #18

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Hope you can make it Jim. 10th anniversary and we are about ready to reveal the Quartzsite 10th Anniversary Button/Pin.

but I understand if you park up on the Heights you are able to receive some TV.
Gotta get the pin for sure. Ah, the Heights, the high priced area where Myron parked. I'll try the antenna from the same spot as this year but who knows, if it doesn't work there I might move up the hill just to test it.

Ah, the soup, that worked amazing well. I had my doubts about that event but the result was delicious.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:36 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
We got some TV, don't remember how many channels, with the Jack antenna parked in the East Heights. You might get more in the West Heights.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:48 PM   #20

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Hoping to be there again in 2017 Ron, and, this time parked closer to the fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Qz165a.jpg