2017 Quartzsite Gathering 10th Anniversary - Quartzsite AZ - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Hi Mark,
We changed it on the host sites scampowners and casita forum. The others don't let you edit. We are putting followup posts up to also remind people to check the activities board cause dates/times can change when we get out there as well.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:42 PM   #42

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Thanks Greg, I thought you had updated it somewhere. We plan on arriving on Tues mid day.
Ukulelemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:13 PM   #43

Quartzsite Activities

The Activities have changed slightly for the Quartzsite Gathering. Here is the current update, also check on the activities whiteboard at the host trailer for the most current times and details.
Activities: The Quartzsite Gathering is traditionally not highly scheduled with activities. The few activities we have are on Friday and Saturday.
  • BYOB Happy Hour to kick off the Quartzsite Gathering for early arrivals. Monday night Feb 6th. We will have an informal BYOB happy hour at the host trailer to get acquainted and start the week. Bring your chairs, favorite beverage and snacks. We'll provide a table and firepit.
  • Concerts with Pete and Jackie: Several days during the week we will be having evening campfire at the host trailer with music by our good friends and musicians Pete and Jackie. Any aspiring musicians can join in to play along. Check the activity board for times and bring your chairs over.
  • Friday Night Campfire and Dessert Event: New this year we will have a dessert event at the central campfire. Starting at 4pm everyone bring a favorite dessert to the tables at the central firepit, along with your chairs, for a taste of dessert while enjoying a campfire concert by Ukulele Mark and students. All musicians are invited to join in with Mark and students for a great evening of music.
  • Ukulele Lessons and Friday Night Campfire Concert: Our resident Ukulele professional, Mark Baker, will be offering Ukulele workshops for a nominal fee during the week (Check event whiteboard for times and updates) culminating in a concert on Friday night at the main loop campfire. To read more about Mark and contact him if you are interested in lessons or playing (anyone who plays any instruments is invited to join in and play) in the Saturday night concert, contact Mark directly for details at markbaker53@gmail.com(link sends e-mail) and check out his website http://markbakermusicaz.com/(link is external)
  • Saturday Ladder ball Tournament: At 10:00 a.m., right before the Soup Thing. Great fun to be had at the Quartzsite Gathering Ladder ball Tournament. Never played? Not a problem. It is quick and easy to pick up the game and compete for great prizes. Last year's tournament was quite an event and drew as many spectators as players. We have moved this event to morning so it will be cooler. Join the fun and sign up your team at registration.
  • Saturday Soup Thing: If everyone would bring a can of soup (Not cream style) they are poured into a couple of large pots and shared with everyone on Saturday afternoon. Snacks are welcome.
  • Quartzsite Flea Markets: Throughout the town of Quartzsite, the Flea Markets run in the winter months during the influx of RV winter visitors and are quite interesting to spend a day or two rummaging around and finding treasures. Check the heading for current vendor information.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:16 PM   #44

The Quartzsite Gathering was a massive event to run last year with 187 trailers in attendance. We need volunteers to help out this year on some of the tasks. It will be very easy stuff and not a big commitment of time, but everyone helping out will keep Greg and Earl upright. wink

We need the following volunteers:

Registration table:
We will only assign one 2 hour shift for the week to each volunteer or couple to help out with signing folks in. (If you want another shift that's fine, just ask) The registration table will be officially open from 10am to approximately 4pm daily through Saturday. So we need about 10+ volunteers.

Ladderball scorers/referees:
This is Saturday morning @ 9:45 am for approximately 2 hours. We have three ladderball courts and need one scorer for each court so three total. No experience necessary and no we're not going to give you a whistle.

The Great Soup Event: Saturday following the Ladderball tournament we'll need voluteers to help mix, heat, and ladle out soup to the hungry masses. The less cooking experience the better, because then we'll end up with some crazy soup mixes.

Campfire attendant: You'll be in charge of lighting and keeping the central campfire going from approximately 5:30-8pm. We'll need one for the Friday and Saturday. central campfire.

Email info@scampowners.com if you're willing to help out with any of the above.

A big Thank You in advance for those willing to pitch in and help us out.

Check out the Activities on the original post as they have changed. Also, keep an eye on the activities whiteboard at the host trailer as times and details do change during the week.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:38 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Hey, it is pretty empty here! Hurry up and get to Dome Rock so we can fill the place up.

(A large 7.1MB version of the photo that lets you see the couple of trailers on the ridge.)
Attached Thumbnails
_DSC7834planoL.jpg  
Old 02-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Hold on, help's comin'.
Attached Thumbnails
AlleyOop1ab.jpg  
Old 02-02-2017, 11:00 AM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
We're hoping to arrive on Wed. Put us down for registration. Maybe soup duty also, I'll let you know on that one.

Thanks Greg for all the work you do organizing things.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:40 PM   #48

Will do, Ron. Thanks you.
Hope ur not too worn out from swiming with those whales in Baja land.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #49

Trailer: 2016 19'
One more checking in early - Escape 19. The hummers are happy for another feeder!

Anne H
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #50

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Ready for Quartzite?

Yesterday I washed the trailer for the first time since the CO trip in July, I need to take care of my back and that worked it hard. Glenn, how do you get a son-in-law to do those things? Mine works for the city so I may have an up hill battle. I asked Nancy if she wanted to help, she reminded me as of 53 years ago the trailer door separated her jobs from mine. I never knew why she didn't want to take care of trailer items out side in Minot, ND in the winter. I think we'll be ready to head for Q about thursday.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #51

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Don't mean to judge but...would dearly love to escape from the awful daily news, but... can't run off to New Zealand, or buy a condo inside a re-furbished de-commissioned ICBM missile silo in Kansas or North Dakota (yes some are available)... but... there's always Quartzsite. We leave today.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:47 PM   #52

For anyone interested, I have started a web page of photos from the rally. I'll add to it as the days progress.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Don't mean to judge but...would dearly love to escape from the awful daily news, but... can't run off to New Zealand.
Go to Baja, haven't heard a speck of news for the past few weeks. I'm a news junkie and I'm starved for news.

Ron
Old 02-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #54

We've just arrived in Q'site town from the Imperial dam area. Looking forward to seeing the regulars again. Heading out to Dome Rock as soon as we're finished in town.

Ron
Old 02-08-2017, 01:28 PM   #55

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
For anyone interested, I have started a web page of photos from the rally. I'll add to it as the days progress.
Hey, thanks for posting the link. Enjoyed looking at the photos.

Just curious - any idea of the percentage that use solar panels? Didn't look like all of the trailers have them. Are others relying on their batteries or generators?
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:06 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Hey, thanks for posting the link. Enjoyed looking at the photos.

Just curious - any idea of the percentage that use solar panels? Didn't look like all of the trailers have them. Are others relying on their batteries or generators?
No official count, but I guess that about 2/3 have some solar, and the rest generators; some with minimal solar that requires some generator time.

I've managed 5 years without a generator, using 35 - 45 amp hours per day with 355 watts of solar.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #57
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
You know you've been at this a while, when you can see a picture of a trailer and a person's back and you know who they are!

Thanks for sharing your pictures Jon!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:20 PM   #58

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Arrived today around 6pm with our friends, Dave and Linda Allen. Barely made the sunset light.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:27 PM   #59

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Wish I was there.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:32 PM   #60

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Great pics Jon! i see you just added some more today.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote