2018 Escape Trailer Rally - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2018, 08:13 AM   #101

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
We had the opposite experience when we made our reservation. We were told we could not pick a site, but would get on on loop C when we arrived.
Strange then. The lady I talked to (British/Australian accent) said all sites in the main C loop were taken and that they were now filling the second C loop closer to the vineyards. Could she be mistaken? Maybe they just arbitrarily assigned a site number to keep track of how many are gone. :

Not a bit deal either way, I plan on having lotsa fun anywyay.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #102

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Strange then. The lady I talked to (British/Australian accent) said all sites in the main C loop were taken and that they were now filling the second C loop closer to the vineyards. Could she be mistaken? Maybe they just arbitrarily assigned a site number to keep track of how many are gone. :

Not a bit deal either way, I plan on having lotsa fun anywyay.
I had the Brit too, she also assigned me a site, Florence was her name.
Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #103

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19'
When we registered, we were not offered a site. The same thing happened when we attended 2 years ago. Maybe I should call them back and see what site we are in
Old 01-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #104

My brother just registered, and they booked him into a specific site too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-12-2018, 11:46 AM   #105

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
We were assigned a site

I just called MK'MIP RV Park. Although they didn't tell us when we reserved our site, it turns out they assigned us site C41. Since we haven't been there before, C41 looks as good as any site.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #106
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
I just called MK'MIP RV Park. Although they didn't tell us when we reserved our site, it turns out they assigned us site C41. Since we haven't been there before, C41 looks as good as any site.
We were assigned a site as well. That's not the issue. The issue for us was, they gave our site away to another camper 15 minutes before we arrived. When we asked, we were told no site was guaranteed and it was first come first served. Don't get me started about the Nk'Mip office staff. Particularly unhelpful.

If you can, try to ger a site up top, not down by the water. It's harder to mix with the majority of rally attendees from there.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #107

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i was told i could not pick a site
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #108

Yet she insisted I pick one, or they would give me next next one in C in numerical order. Very adamant about it too, saying there would be no switching upon arrival.

We'll have to see, I guess.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #109

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Yet she insisted I pick one, or they would give me next next one in C in numerical order. Very adamant about it too, saying there would be no switching upon arrival.

We'll have to see, I guess.
Hi: Jim Bennett... Hope there's no switcheroo. We're in C134 over looking the garbage dump. At least we'll get to see everyone sooner or later. Perfect for "White trailer trash". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #110

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19'
I just called the campground and they will NOT tell us where we are going to be. They said they are not to give out that information. This whole thing is confusing to say the least.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY II View Post
I just called the campground and they will NOT tell us where we are going to be. They said they are not to give out that information. This whole thing is confusing to say the least.
Maybe we all need a crash course in rocket scientry before we show up! Gotta get ourselves as smart ss their reservation system.

Fun can be had from any site though.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #112

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yup i called too they said they will not give out specific spots i will be in C but cant get a specific spot
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:47 PM   #113

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I've read the threads for the customer appreciation rallies for several years and continue to wonder that the rallies are still held at that location. Every year it sounds like a absolute three-ring circus with few folks happy where they're placed. The amenities there must be outstanding to compensate for the ridiculously poor reservation service that includes all of the above complaints plus no return calls.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:05 PM   #114
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I've read the threads for the customer appreciation rallies for several years and continue to wonder that the rallies are still held at that location. Every year it sound like a absolute three-ring circus with few folks happy where they're placed. The amenities there must be outstanding to compensate for the ridiculously poor reservation service that includes all of the above complaints plus no return calls.
I've only attended once, but it's the organization that Tammy and Reace and the Escape crew put in that makes all the difference. They really know how to throw a rally. You might not get a great spot, but the camaraderie, putting names to faces, the wine tours, etc, more than make up for that annoyance.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:13 PM   #115

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
I have to agree with a Karen on this. You have a camp ground that has people making rsvp and they refuse to let them pick their location, refuse to tell them where they will be located, and refuse to return a simple phone call. This is simple 101 customer service and they can’t do it. Time to find a new location that will appreciate the business and possible repeat business via the rally or peeps just wanting to come back n stay.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:28 PM   #116
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This is almost funny. Go or don't go. Be unhappy because you can't get a reserved site? If you've never been, does it really matter? ETI throws this soiree, they don't have to. One of these days, Reace and Tammy are going to say...enough. It's not part of their business model to work hard putting together a rally so others can have fun. Maybe they'd rather spend the money and time, going someplace as a couple instead...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:31 PM   #117

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I don't know of another location that can handle this large number of trailers, has full hook-ups for $35-ish, has the facilities ( clubhouses with pool, hot tub, showers, laundry ) and has the attractions ( wineries, scenery, restaurants, golf, etc. ) and has almost guaranteed good weather.
The campground states that they will not ensure a specific site unless you book for two weeks, so you can always do that. The problem is they keep suggesting that they will try to give you a specific site, but they don't try.
If you think you're frustrated at least you don't have the battle Tammy has to have things set up for this rally and to get the campground to follow through.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Rally afternoon w.jpg   2015 Rally Fri 2.jpg  
Old 01-12-2018, 06:34 PM   #118

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We love Osoyoos, everything is green and with Noelia being from Napa Valley, she feels right at home with the vineyards that surround the campground. The town is cute, a really nice hardware store as well as a IGA food store. Thursdays everyone goes in for pub food. The lake has beautiful sunsets and the weather has been ideal the three times we attended. No cell so we feel liberated from the outside world and we love meeting and placing names to faces from the other forum members and Escape owners who may not be on the forum. It is like a vacation while being on vacation.....and Tammy and Reace are always there if you need them.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:35 PM   #119

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
My goodness, my comments were not directed at Reace and Tammy or the tremendous effort they put in to making a terrific time for all attendees. I simply commented on the poor business practices of the campground that would be a big turnoff to some people, including me. I won't opine again.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #120

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I agree the business office has their issues but your interaction with them is limited to check in and then they leave you alone.