2018 Escape Trailer Rally - Campground - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2018, 01:16 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 m5
Loving this thread! sub'd
nagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:00 AM   #22

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I heard it's flooding in the town coming from seattle area looking for advice as we travel north
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:27 AM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Expected second round of rising river water didn't materialize.

Getting there and staying dry shouldn't be a problem.

Look at DriveBC for road reports.
No chance of the water reaching the Home Hardware, which sells all sorts of water toys and inflatable boats.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:17 AM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Also with all the tools they have and the lumberyard in town an ark is not out of the question if everybody works together. Finding two 13s to put on there could be tough.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-20-2018, 08:17 AM   #25

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Also with all the tools they have and the lumberyard in town an ark is not out of the question if everybody works together. Finding two 13s to put on there could be tough.
Iowa Dave
You could bring a Boler if it would not result in a mule.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:58 AM   #26

Not gonna touch that, it would be too easy to insult 9/10 ths of the fiberglass community. I will say it would take a pretty outstanding boler to still be fecund but if located, there would be a long line of potential adoptive parents. .
Iowa Dave
Old 05-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #27

Dave, coming from farm country i thought you would know that mules are not always a donkey horse mix. Any sterile hybrid can be called mules. Buddy of mine acquired a male zebra for some odd reason. Now he has zonkeys and zorses running around the ranch. And I guess following that theme all are zules.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #28

Reading the list of what we can take across the border and reading on other sites makes it sound like we need to toss all food. So do you think a couple cabbages, a frozen bag of homemade cookie dough ,store bought sausage and such needs to be dumped?
Our chicken and eggs and salad stuff i guess does need to be dumped, hoping not the rest.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:07 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
Reading the list of what we can take across the border and reading on other sites makes it sound like we need to toss all food. So do you think a couple cabbages, a frozen bag of homemade cookie dough ,store bought sausage and such needs to be dumped?
Our chicken and eggs i guess does need to be dumped, hoping not the rest.
What Can I Bring Into Canada in Terms Of Food, Plant, Animal and Related Products? - Canadian Food Inspection Agency

Good idea to make a list of ALL the food items, alcohol, etc prior to entering Canada and declaring everything. In some cases, it's not only what it is but also how many you have.

Oh, and a weapon could be as benign as a seat belt cutter - so if you think it could be a weapon, tell them you have it.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #30

I had oversight for the city zoo when I was park superintendent. We had out fair share of hanky panky in the barn and in the monkey house and I’m not just talking about seasonal employees. We had a couple donkeys that I never trusted. My zookeeper was a lady about 5’4” and maybe
A little over 100 lbs. every day she would step over the back of one of our cougars “Dolly” an insulin shot as she was diabetic. Managing a zoo is quite a trip.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-20-2018, 08:03 PM   #31

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
Our chicken and eggs and salad stuff i guess does need to be dumped, hoping not the rest.
Karen and Ken, I believe I've mentioned this before but we've never had any issues bringing US food into Canada, of any type, never asked what kind of groceries we've bought including today coming home from church in the US. Any purchases? Yes $16 worth of groceries. Any alcohol or tobacco? No. Any firearms? No. Hands passports back - Have a nice day!

Perhaps they're more picky for Americans
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:43 PM   #32

I’ve not had a problem taking
Groceries into Canada. I usually buy my fruit or vegetables in Canada. I did get searched for three potatoes which we declared coming back into the USA. We would have been ok, the border patrol said, but we had bought them bulk and they had some dirt on them. Even though Rita told him where they were he couldn’t find them. So she showed him and he took the paper bag with him and that was it. Declare what you have even if you have to put it on a list. They have a job to do. If you have a dog make sure you have a vaccination record from your vet. Yes sir and No sir or Ma’am are your friends, just don’t get them mixed up. Sternest, meanest looking Us Border guard at Detroit
a couple years ago saw the kennel, Jake in the back and not barking. “ is that a puppy dog in there? he asked. I would have predicted something like “What kind of mutt is that? Not Puppy dog and have a nice day, you’re free to go” Be calm, carry on and know your license plate numbers. YMMV
Iowa Dave
Old 05-23-2018, 11:32 AM   #33

Nk'Mip Reservations

I was phoned by the campground about two weeks ago and told that my reservation was cancelled and they would refund my deposit. When I told them I was with the Escape Rally they said it was okay and I still had my reservation. So it looks like we will have the entire campground to ourselves.
rb5511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:09 PM   #34

Wow I hope this is not daily weather for this area, we had 40 mph + gust whipping through for a little while per the windy app. The gazelle gazebo is still standing but really was dancing for awhile. Hopefully no one left their awnings out. If it is normal weather we might take the gazebo down.
Removed the SAME codes from our weather radio. Hopefully that is why it did not alert us.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:23 PM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Not normal but the wind can blast off lake with no warning.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:31 AM   #36

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, it is normal for those wind gusts to hit in the afternoon, otherwise it does become really hot. Good time to test your auto-retract feature. Our clam had to be secured to keep it located. Enjoy the weather and rally, it is a beautiful place.