2018 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 28-30 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2018, 09:03 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Hey Dave, perhaps those Nebraskans can't make it over the Missouri River, but what about those pesky South Dakotans, that Big Sioux River doesn't look too big to swim

Now we're off topic we should only be talking about the Mississippi, where we love to camp right beside the river.

Adrian
Our fearless rally leader (and suspect polluter) will come yell at us for topic drift soon... just do what I do - blame it on Dave.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Capable

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Our fearless rally leader (and suspect polluter) will come yell at us for topic drift soon... just do what I do - blame it on Dave.
I poured grey iron castings in a foundry, killed 2 million hogs at 600 an hour, lived 55 feet above the earth in a lookout tower for three months and took dozens of young boys who had never been camping into 22 states they did not call home. Managed a 4,000 acre municipal park system and collected bald faced hornet nests as a hobby, and raised three Valedictorians. Couldn’t have done any of it without my wife Rita. I’m not hard to find and not easily intimidated. Blame me, the gnats haven’t been bad lately. Hey Eric, how you doin?
Iowa Dave
Old 01-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Achievements

That last one, those valedictorians, that's the biggy.

You learn a lot about parents when you meet the kids.
Proud to claim you and Rita and Jake as friends.

Torquing Bill

Yeah, I looked it up. It's a word.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
We made our reservations for the Mississippi River Rendezvous in September. We had so much fun at the Niagara Grape Escape last year that we decided to do this one this year as well as the Niagara rally. Looking forward to making some new Escape friends. Happy 2018 camping everyone.

-Ohio Ralph-
Old 03-26-2018, 09:13 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Nice Ralph, being right in the middle of 2 great rallies....location, location, location....
Old 03-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #26

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Martha and I have our reservation in place (site 125). Excited to be there this fall in our new 21' Escape.
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Aha! You guys are using Dave'e trick of reserving starting on Wednesday or earlier to get the best sites!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #28

Starting in Mid September the weather starts to cool and I’m reminded of Chuck Berry performing Maybelline. “The heat went down, the motor cooled down and that’s when I heard that highway sound”. The rally the week after Mississippi at Land between the Lakes is a very good rally too. We’re looking forward to Davey Crockett in Mid October this year also. Kentucky and Tennessee are great fall color states. Good friends, blazing campfires, crunchy leaves, and a cold libation to soothe the savage beast. How can you beat it? Jake is waiting for a call from some of his camping dog buddies to compare notes on this Fall’s rally plans.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
E1E234CB-EE97-44D9-B971-7DE81154699B.jpg   93E99D43-603D-49D4-B960-1A5CD6F2D4B1.jpg   016EEA61-EEF1-4DC2-8379-5D7EA6815183.jpg   300EE2CD-AFEE-45E7-A435-38B63CDF9765.jpg  
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #29

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Aha! You guys are using Dave'e trick of reserving starting on Wednesday or earlier to get the best sites!
Obviously I'm not as good at this as Dave because 114 and 118 were already gone this morning. But at an Escape rally it's all good because you are surrounded by great people.
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I would assume that the sites in close proximity to Iowa Dave are considered very desirable. Hopefully that information will be posted on this forum for those that are considering attending.

** I was not aware this was an Escape only Rally until I read post #29 , so thank you for the information **
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:14 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Oldman View Post
Obviously I'm not as good at this as Dave because 114 and 118 were already gone this morning. But at an Escape rally it's all good because you are surrounded by great people.
Well we sure had great neighbors last year!

Old 03-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Not sure about the "best" sites. Just looked at the map and took a chance. We shall see. Looking forward to checking out a new campground we haven't been to before and meeting new Escape owners.

-Ohio Ralph-
Old 03-26-2018, 10:48 AM   #33

Ralph, as far as I could tell last year - there really are no bad sites in that loop.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #34

Hi Steve
To clarify, this is not an Escape only rally, it’s just the fact that it was started by an Escape owner. Last year we had Scamps, a boler, at least one Casita, in the center of it all was a nice fellow with a converted schoolbus. He told me about how he put a Dodge Diesel in the bus with an Allison transmission and other goodies. It still needed some finishing up but it was readily apparent to me that he had mad skills. Although I get out there a little far once in a while one tenet that I live by is that I would never discrimate and endorse an exclusive rally. And if it’s an Exclusive Rally I don’t want to be there anyway. I’d feel pretty bad if the Canadian rallies did not allow trailers from the USA. Rita says if you’ve seen one 21’ you’ve seen them all, including ours. But Parkliners, Snoozies, Big Feet, Play Packs and many many other brands have been fun for us to view and more importantly to meet the owners. So, non exclusivity is the big word for the day.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #35

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Steve
To clarify, this is not an Escape only rally, it’s just the fact that it was started by an Escape owner. Last year we had Scamps, a boler, at least one Casita, in the center of it all was a nice fellow with a converted schoolbus. He told me about how he put a Dodge Diesel in the bus with an Allison transmission and other goodies. It still needed some finishing up but it was readily apparent to me that he had mad skills. Although I get out there a little far once in a while one tenet that I live by is that I would never discrimate and endorse an exclusive rally. And if it’s an Exclusive Rally I don’t want to be there anyway. I’d feel pretty bad if the Canadian rallies did not allow trailers from the USA. Rita says if you’ve seen one 21’ you’ve seen them all, including ours. But Parkliners, Snoozies, Big Feet, Play Packs and many many other brands have been fun for us to view and more importantly to meet the owners. So, non exclusivity is the big word for the day.
Iowa Dave
Thank You . We planned on attending last year's rally and had reserved a site . Due to an unforseen medical problem we had to change our plans and cancel . We were considering coming this year (2018) and then I read this thread that led me to believe that things had changed and the rally was now Escape only.
Thank you for the clarification.

We own a Casita and they have several rallies that are limited to CASITAS ONLY . We choose not to attend .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:52 AM   #36

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
We're grateful to everyone who attended last year and provided enthusiastic advice to newbies regarding the design and use of recreational trailers... There is certainly more to learn!

We're planning a trip to Chilliwack later this spring to pick up our new Escape 21' "Gypsy Cat" and look forward to seeing you at the Mississippi River Rendezvous! Elaine says she'll be practicing up for the lug nut torquing contest!

Claude, Elaine & kids...
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #37

New Rig

Hi Claude and Elaine,
Glad to hear you’ll be at the Mississippi Rally. Seems like there’s a new Escape or Scamp or Casita at about every rally.
You’ll have a great pickup trip I’m sure and be fully experienced by the end of September. Looking forward to seeing you and the kids, have a great summer.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I would assume that the sites in close proximity to Iowa Dave are considered very desirable. Hopefully that information will be posted on this forum for those that are considering attending.

** I was not aware this was an Escape only Rally until I read post #29 , so thank you for the information **
Steve, It is open to anyone, not Escape specific....just posted on Escape Forum.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:29 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Starting in Mid September the weather starts to cool and I’m reminded of Chuck Berry performing Maybelline. “The heat went down, the motor cooled down and that’s when I heard that highway sound”. The rally the week after Mississippi at Land between the Lakes is a very good rally too. We’re looking forward to Davey Crockett in Mid October this year also. Kentucky and Tennessee are great fall color states. Good friends, blazing campfires, crunchy leaves, and a cold libation to soothe the savage beast. How can you beat it? Jake is waiting for a call from some of his camping dog buddies to compare notes on this Fall’s rally plans.
Iowa Dave
Between Algonac, Mississippi, Alf's Niagara, LBL and the new one in Missouri, it's starting to get crowded in the fall. It is a shame we have June/July/August just about empty...other than a couple.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCAT3 View Post
We're grateful to everyone who attended last year and provided enthusiastic advice to newbies regarding the design and use of recreational trailers... There is certainly more to learn!

We're planning a trip to Chilliwack later this spring to pick up our new Escape 21' "Gypsy Cat" and look forward to seeing you at the Mississippi River Rendezvous! Elaine says she'll be practicing up for the lug nut torquing contest!

Claude, Elaine & kids...
I'm glad to hear you made your choice and to have yet another Wisconsin Escape owner! See you there, I enjoyed talking with you all last year. Enjoy the pick up trip.