2018 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 28-30 - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #81

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
We are planning on attending again this year. I booked site #123 as it seems to be near the river.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:06 AM   #82

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
I had it on my calendar but was in the midst of a trip with traveling, spotty internet, heavy rain, lame excuses, etc. so didn't get around to booking until late last night.

I'm in #54, still close enough to the action to reclaim my title of Torque Queen.
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:34 AM   #83
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindy View Post
I'm in #54, still close enough to the action to reclaim my title of Torque Queen.
Here. I've made you a virtual sweatshirt
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #84

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Gee Donna sounds like you'd like to come as well. Are you sure you can't take longer on your cross countries trip and make it to the Mississippi and join us?

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:50 AM   #85
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Gee Donna sounds like you'd like to come as well. Are you sure you can't take longer on your cross countries trip and make it to the Mississippi and join us?

Adrian
I really, really wish I could. Unfortunately there's a set date for leaving and I've stretched this out at the other end as far as I can. I'll get home after 51 days to turn around and go to Fall NOG four days later. Oh my. But this gathering is on my bucket list! (See here)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #86

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
HA! I love it! I want it!
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:54 AM   #87

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindy View Post
I had it on my calendar but was in the midst of a trip with traveling, spotty internet, heavy rain, lame excuses, etc. so didn't get around to booking until late last night.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #88

Trailer: 2016 5.0 TA
Mississippi River Rendezvous

Lorry & I will not be attending this year! We have had the pleasure of attending the last three years, first as a future owner and now with almost 2 years as owners. We are going to miss our friends and fellowship. We have sold our homes and moved 1250 miles to Las Cruces, New Mexico and are loving our new life and exploring New Mexico!!
Lorry & Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:57 PM   #89

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorry & Rich View Post
Lorry & I will not be attending this year! We have had the pleasure of attending the last three years, first as a future owner and now with almost 2 years as owners. We are going to miss our friends and fellowship. We have sold our homes and moved 1250 miles to Las Cruces, New Mexico and are loving our new life and exploring New Mexico!!
Lorry and Rich, sorry we never got to your place while you were still in Des Moines. You will be missed, but you'll also have lots of new adventures in New Mexico. I hope we can connect out there sometime.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:14 PM   #90

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
New Mexico

Lorry and Rich
We will miss you at the rally. We camped a
couple nights in New Mexico last summer on our way back home from Tucson with our new to us 21. We especially liked Clayton Lake in extreme NE New Mexico. Beautiful country and a nice campground. Passing through the nearby town we stopped in the grocery store. I innocently bought about a pound and a half of hamburger, it looked good. Good? That is the understatement of the century. The best hamburger I’ve had in well over 20 years. Have fun and explore those out of the way places. And buy some local groceries,
You never know. Here’s a couple views from Clayton Lake C.G.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
F06079A2-460E-485A-88EF-AE9E99D5B6BB.jpg   DCAC533A-77EF-4055-854A-F089E334B3B2.jpg  
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:17 PM   #91

Trailer: None now
What's the Missus reminding you about on the post it note?
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:32 PM   #92

Be nicer to me, walk the dog and pick up after him, quit lookin around when you’re
driving , what are you cooking for supper,?
And pick up some hamburger on the way out of town tomorrow. She writes real small
Then says I need glasses. I’m still the luckiest man on the face of the Earth. It’s
Her trailer and she lets me tow it.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-02-2018, 07:03 PM   #93

Trailer: 2018 5.0
we will be there please keep the details coming!!!
kfsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:07 PM   #94

Smile Windmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfsmith View Post
we will be there please keep the details coming!!!
When you visit the Thompson causeway site, there's a picture of a large windmill. It is located in Fulton Illinois about 8 miles south of the CG. There are two nice large grocery stores across the river in Clinton Iowa. The have package goods also. North of the CG about 15 miles is Savannah Illinois. Big grocery store there too. I mention this because sometimes people need groceries and would rather buy fresh nearby. Let us know if questions. In the fall there are a lot of great blue herons, egrets and white Pelicans on the river. Looking forward to meeting you.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #95

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
When you visit the Thompson causeway site, there's a picture of a large windmill. It is located in Fulton Illinois about 8 miles south of the CG. There are two nice large grocery stores across the river in Clinton Iowa. The have package goods also. North of the CG about 15 miles is Savannah Illinois. Big grocery store there too. I mention this because sometimes people need groceries and would rather buy fresh nearby. Let us know if questions. In the fall there are a lot of great blue herons, egrets and white Pelicans on the river. Looking forward to meeting you.

Iowa Dave

Given all the recent discussion on the forum about wheel bearing maintenance, perhaps we should identify a trailer that needs bearing maintenance, all chip in for parts and necessary “lubricants” and kindly ask Iowa Dave if he would be good enough to demonstrate his technique using wrench sockets for dissembling the hub, and “grease in palm” method for repacking the bearings in a special Rendezvous Workshop? Working as a group, we could probably even get all two (or four) hubs done reasonably quickly?

Just a thought, if not too much work…

I’m willing to order the seals… [emoji3]

Thanks!

Claude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:51 PM   #96

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCAT3 View Post
Given all the recent discussion on the forum about wheel bearing maintenance, perhaps we should identify a trailer that needs bearing maintenance, all chip in for parts and necessary “lubricants” and kindly ask Iowa Dave if he would be good enough to demonstrate his technique using wrench sockets for dissembling the hub, and “grease in palm” method for repacking the bearings in a special Rendezvous Workshop? Working as a group, we could probably even get all two (or four) hubs done reasonably quickly?
A good idea and a similar one that has been done before. Reace did this at the very first Escape rally, but just showed how to repack with a loose set of bearings.

I would think that whoever got the work done would be more than happy to foot the bill for parts if you did a whole trailer.

I have done it a lot with grease in palm, but mostly used a bearing packer now.

There is also the brake adjustment to be done at the same time if doing all the wheels. This could prove to take a while.

I would suggest a beer or spirit offering to the host of this kinda workshop might be advisable too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #97

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Isn't Middleton Wisconsin home to the World Famous "Mustard Museum" ? My nephew lives in Middleton and going there someday is on our bucket list .
Watching Iowa Dave repack a set of bearings would be worth the price of admission !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #98

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
Yes, the Mustard Museum is at 7477 Hubbard Ave in Middleton, WI.

They moved there a few years ago from our nearby community Mount Horeb...

Website is: https://mustardmuseum.com

An advantage of visiting is that all the mustards in the store is open for tasting...
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #99

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Well it looks like the first loop of campsites is filled. I can identify 20 of the 27 sites being taken by rally participants. If you have not identified your site here on the forum, can you post the number or send me a private message?
  • There are some campers at the rally who have rather unsavory reputations and prefer to remain as anonymous or stealth registrants. We respect their choice.
For those not registered as yet, site number 126 will become available in the next few days and Nindy, is waiting for more company near her, in site 54. Plenty of room, but it helps to book for location.

We will be sending out more information in the near future, keep watch on your email.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:33 PM   #100

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
We are in site 119. We arrive Wed. (9/26) and depart Sun. (9/30).