2018 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 28-30 - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2018, 07:32 PM   #101

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Paul and Janet,
We are in site 118. Looking forward to meeting everyone as this will be our first Mississippi Rally. We have met some of you, may have met others but are definitely hoping to make some new friends.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:00 AM   #102

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Well it looks like the first loop of campsites is filled. I can identify 20 of the 27 sites being taken by rally participants. If you have not identified your site here on the forum, can you post the number or send me a private message?
  • There are some campers at the rally who have rather unsavory reputations and prefer to remain as anonymous or stealth registrants. We respect their choice.
For those not registered as yet, site number 126 will become available in the next few days and Nindy, is waiting for more company near her, in site 54. Plenty of room, but it helps to book for location.

We will be sending out more information in the near future, keep watch on your email.
Hi Paul
We have reserved site 111 Thurs thru Sunday and are looking forward to seeing folks again.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:06 PM   #103

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
We have reserved site 120. We will join the ranks of the other newbies at the Rally.

Larry and Caren
LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:04 PM   #104

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Looking forward to meeting you. We're just a stone's throw at site 118. Ready for some
warm weather and camping.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #105

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRay View Post
We have reserved site 120. We will join the ranks of the other newbies at the Rally.

Larry and Caren
Site 120 is a nice site and just far enough away from the rowdy people on the north end that you can see what is going on when the park rangers show up but not so close as to be involved. Just don’t put a for sale sign on anything and drive slow coming in and out and you’ll be fine. The Michigan fans know there is strength in numbers.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
2CAC67DB-597E-4B7F-85B5-97C45D5BD267.jpg   F36F2185-807D-4DBA-9926-61EEE0AFAFB6.jpg  
Old 04-10-2018, 09:27 PM   #106

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
You might have Eric give a demonstration on how to sanitize a trailer in his own fastidious way. That would bring in lots of folks --- especially if a craft brew somehow gets into it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Well it looks like the first loop of campsites is filled. I can identify 20 of the 27 sites being taken by rally participants. If you have not identified your site here on the forum, can you post the number or send me a private message?
  • There are some campers at the rally who have rather unsavory reputations and prefer to remain as anonymous or stealth registrants. We respect their choice.
For those not registered as yet, site number 126 will become available in the next few days and Nindy, is waiting for more company near her, in site 54. Plenty of room, but it helps to book for location.

We will be sending out more information in the near future, keep watch on your email.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:49 AM   #107

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
Can't wait for warm weather and to witness the antics that I have been reading about.

Michigan has some of the best craft brew (unbiased opinion) we will bring some if it will get us expert advice.

Caren
LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:58 AM   #108

Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRay View Post
Can't wait for warm weather and to witness the antics that I have been reading about.

Michigan has some of the best craft brew (unbiased opinion) we will bring some if it will get us expert advice.

Caren
Oh you’ll get advice alright. I don’t know about expert. I guess it kind of depends on what you need. I’ll have my new to me tow vehicle along and welcome critique.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
0F5B9DA8-4D11-4B40-B069-B05CCD48747D.jpg   9031363B-8092-4415-9A29-BA790CFD31CA.jpg  
Old 04-11-2018, 07:23 AM   #109

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
You might have Eric give a demonstration on how to sanitize a trailer in his own fastidious way. That would bring in lots of folks --- especially if a craft brew somehow gets into it!
My mom would have had a good laugh with fastidious being used in any association with me as a kid. I used to live in fear of the forced visits to my one Aunt and Uncle’s home with the white sofa and carpet. I more resembled that Peanuts character with the dirt cloud following him everywhere

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:41 PM   #110

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
I just got a nice check from Escape thanks to those two fine folks pictured above in the Michigan gear -on both sides of that Infamous Buckeye. Thanks Dan and Martha! I look forward to seeing your new beauty!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #111

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
I just got a nice check from Escape thanks to those two fine folks pictured above in the Michigan gear -on both sides of that Infamous Buckeye. Thanks Dan and Martha! I look forward to seeing your new beauty!
Good thing Eric that you and Mary had that double site being so close to Dan and Martha! Hope you're looking forward to seeing our nearly new 5.0TA although you may have seen it last year at Osoyoos, it was down by the lake not far from us.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:17 AM   #112

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Good thing Eric that you and Mary had that double site being so close to Dan and Martha!
Adrian
This may be the only recorded case where being next to me at a campground is a "good thing". Actually I was sold on getting an Escape before last years rally, I just needed Eric and Mary to nudge Martha closer to the decision.
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:51 AM   #113

Adrian, congratulations on the brand new to you 5.0TA. It will be great to see it and you both.

We sure lucked out getting fine neighbors in that "buddy" site last year!

Old 04-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #114

Trailer: 2023 21
Site 126 is now available.
Traverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:51 AM   #115

Trailer: 2023 21
Site 101 is now available
Traverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:00 PM   #116

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traverson View Post
Site 101 is now available
Not anymore! I've been upgraded to the adult loop. Or did I get a downgrade?!
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:10 PM   #117

Hi Nindy
It’s not the adult loop. It’s the “would you people start acting like adults loop.” How did your bearing service go? Hope your ready to roll on the butterfly patrol. My milkweed is up, wish I had more. I’ll have to
do a better job of Seed collecting this year.
Having a pretty good pollination session in my orchard lots of bumblebees and a fair number of honeybees. As the old song goes “See you in September”. What do you want for the torque wrench prize this year?
Iowa Dave
Old 05-16-2018, 09:29 PM   #118

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Nindy
It’s not the adult loop. It’s the “would you people start acting like adults loop.” How did your bearing service go? Hope your ready to roll on the butterfly patrol. My milkweed is up, wish I had more. I’ll have to
do a better job of Seed collecting this year.
Having a pretty good pollination session in my orchard lots of bumblebees and a fair number of honeybees. As the old song goes “See you in September”. What do you want for the torque wrench prize this year?
Iowa Dave
The bearing job went pretty well (I think I described it on another thread) except for the part where I couldn't get the old seals out and had to go to the Firestone store which I had already checked would be open on Sunday. They popped them out for free for me. Have already been on a trip since then. Roaring River State Park last week, hiking around with state biologists looking for butterflies and beautiful plants. So fun. Glad your orchard pollinators are doing well!

I leave again next week for my Ozarks property. I would really like to replace my two handle faucet with a one handle model. Took the old one off and found out the plate underneath is glued pretty heavily. I think that's not a job for me. I'm also pretty bad at drilling big holes exactly where I need them. Will be home a few weeks in June to get that done by a professional.

Ha, not sure I could ever be so lucky to win the torque contest again! I will probably overthink it and come in last place!
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:01 AM   #119

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Rally Agenda Now Available

A schedule for this rally has now been emailed to all known attendees. We are planning something new on Friday night that looks like it will be fun. If you did not receive the agenda please send me a private message with your email address and I will get one right out to you.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:43 PM   #120

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Hi,

I'm Mary and was one of the newbies last year who met many of you on Saturday afternoon. I truly appreciated your kindness and expertise, as well as those peeks at your trailers. I was very impressed! This experience helped solidify my decision to order an Escape 19, which I did in Chilliwack this past May. My egg hatches in late November.

I planned to get back to the rally this year, but my employer scheduled a mandatory meeting the Saturday and Sunday of the rally. Really, the one weekend I had REALLY IMPORTANT PLANS!! I'm so disappointed, but am thinking of visiting the rally when I can, earlier on Friday, with a Friday evening departure.

I'm hoping that I'll have the opportunity to meet many of you again. You're a great group!

Mary
Mary O is offline   Reply With Quote