2018 Spring NOG - Apr. 26-29 - Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerh View Post
I'm the outsider! I booked site 80, not too many left is the West side. Thurs-Sun.
There were some spots left, but not pull throughs, which is what it looks like you got. I'm sure that loop will start to fill up, so you won't be "alone" for too long.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
There were some spots left, but not pull throughs, which is what it looks like you got. I'm sure that loop will start to fill up, so you won't be "alone" for too long.
I think there's only two pull-thoughs in West and only the one in East. All the times we've camped in East, I took site 80... because all the Friday/Saturday night doin's were in my site and that site is huge! I'm sure Ginger will have company over there. Anyone with small children may want to be over there because there's a really good play structure on the north end. A couple of the sites... you can sit in your own site and watch the kids play, but be close enough to feel safe...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:21 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
As usual Donna - thanks for (not) organizing this! We love the NOG's and have met and made lifelong friends at the gatherings.

We will be in site 14 Weds - Sun.

PS Regarding nametags - as long as your name is visible - Donna will even accept duct tape if you write your name on it!
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #24

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Duh, just realized I had a conflict with the dates, and will be canceling site 49, Wed-Sun,if anyone wants it.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #25

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I tried pulling up this thread a few days ago, but the search feature never gave it to me. Weird. Anyway, I cancelled my spot due to a conflict.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:40 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Duh, just realized I had a conflict with the dates, and will be canceling site 49, Wed-Sun,if anyone wants it.
Last I checked, you can cancel THREE days before you arrival date with ReserveAmerica and get all your money back sans your reservation fee... PLEASE don't cancel immediately. The closer we get to Spring NOG the more people want to join in the fun. Getting a spot in the WEST loop is desirable, although East Loop is grand too.

I'll help facilitate transferring sites, IF I know about it in advance. In fact, please let me put this site number out for those that may be interested, before you cancel... PLEASE.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:47 PM   #27

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I'm in no hurry to cancel as long as I don't forget to do it. You can post it on the Casita forum if you want. I just remembered to check dates on the Cardigan Welsh corgi nationals today (which are in Portland) and realized it is the same week.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:13 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
I'm in no hurry to cancel as long as I don't forget to do it. You can post it on the Casita forum if you want. I just remembered to check dates on the Cardigan Welsh corgi nationals today (which are in Portland) and realized it is the same week.
Thanks Bobbie. I've posted it on the Oregon Gatherings Facebook page and I'll go post the info on the CasitaForum.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Just booked site 94 I’m a newbie to the NOG

Dianne Graham
2017 Escape 19 foot
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
Just booked site 94 I’m a newbie to the NOG

Dianne Graham
2017 Escape 19 foot
Cool!

Winter hasn't even happened yet and I love looking forward to Spring. Glad you can join us Dianne
Old 10-20-2017, 11:43 PM   #31

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
bringing my new trailer I'm sure none of you have ever seen an Escape trailer as beautiful! Haha I'm kind of smitten
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:18 AM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
bringing my new trailer I'm sure none of you have ever seen an Escape trailer as beautiful! Haha I'm kind of smitten
GREAT, it's good to be smitten We missed you at Fall NOG Kate. And I see you are my across-the-road neighbor!
Old 03-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
Choppers

I just received this note from Oregon State Parks:

Our records show that you have an upcoming reservation at L.L. Stub Stewart State Park. A forest thinning operation at the park is continuing through the end of April. During the project, helicopters will be used to fly the trees out of the operation area.

The disc golf course, and all hiking, biking, and horse trails will be closed Monday through Friday, but remain open on the weekends. The Discovery Depot will be completely closed during the project. The helicopters will not fly over the campground.

If you have any questions about this operation please contact the park manager at 503-324-0606 X222.

Oh, dear. We will start Quiet Helicopter Acceptance Therapy with the terriers right away.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #34
Site Team

I got that too. I'm sure everyone that's registered did. I'm focusing on this:
"The helicopters will not fly over the campground."

I hope we see them, but not hear them. And it's possible they'll be done by time NOG rolls around since it's the last weekend of April.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #35

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
At least they won’t be flying on the weekend, Friday might be a little noisy. Sometimes having your hearing fade is a blessing. Still looking forward to the event.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #36

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Typically if you can see a helicopter, you can hear it. The rotor inherently makes substantial beating noise that you don't get from the wings of a fixed-wing aircraft, and the power requirement means that a helicopter uses more engine power (and so makes more noise) than a fixed-wing aircraft of the same weight at cruise. I find helicopters interesting, but hearing them gets old fast.

We have a (rural) neighbor who has two small helicopters (a Revolution Mini 500 and a Robinson R22). From inside the house, with the windows closed, and I can tell you which one is flying by... and it never goes directly overhead.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:39 PM   #37
Site Team

THE Schedule of Events such as it is... This is the Spring NOG. While it's referred to as the Northern Oregon Gathering, I kinda prefer Not Organized Gathering.

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. Sleep in, ride your bike on the trails, hike, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most folks have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG. There is nothing scheduled for gift give aways for this NOG. BUT, I'd really like to see everyone wear a name tag all weekend. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

FRIDAY NIGHT NO-HOST DINNER-ON-A-STICK: The roasting fires will be going at the meeting hall outside. There are two elevated BBQs. Both will be hot! You may want to bring a chair though. This is not a potluck, bring everything you need, including your roasting stick. Come by anytime after 6:00pm.

The fun/funny stuff:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT

This is an "opener" event.

Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please join us. Beer/food is secondary to the good times.

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK: Serving of food will start SHARPLY at 6pm. Come a few minutes early to get your food on the table before serving starts. Bring an appetizer, entrée, salad or dessert to share that feeds 6-10 people AND your table service.

For the two events at the meeting hall, you may want to bring your lawn chair. Sitting outside is always preferable to being inside if the weather is dry and it's not windy.

The meeting hall, according to the park, will hold 50 people and there's a wood stove inside. If every site brought ONE stick of wood, we could have a nice fire going both Friday and Saturday nights. There's LIMITED parking down by the meeting hall. All the tent sites are currently reserved and most of the parking is for tenters use. So... carpooling (or drop off service) is encouraged!

Please, no pets at any of the food events.

I hope this answers questions you may have. If not, ask and we'll get it answered!
Safe travels everyone. Please bring SUN!
Old 04-02-2018, 11:23 PM   #38

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Thanks Donna, you're the best! I thought April would never get here! We are so looking forward to a great campout and seeing everyone (old and new friends).
Here's Travel Oregon's take on Vernonia (right up the road from the park).
https://traveloregon.com/places-to-go/cities/vernonia/
And, if anyone is interested in doing part of the Banks Vernonia Rails to Trails bike ride, maybe we could organize a shuttle (it's mostly downhill from the park) Here's some intrepid bikers from a few years ago..
D&K

Attached Thumbnails
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:35 PM   #39

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
I have to cancel my reservation for the NOG. If anyone needs a spot, PM me.