2019 Escape Trailer Rally - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2019, 03:14 PM   #61

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY II View Post
Our caravan of 3 Escapes from Port Townsend ...
A Caravan of escapes from PT caught my attention. We live in Bremerton and plan to arrive at the Rally on Wed. also. Would you be open to a 4th Escape? Normally we go via I-90 and Wenatchee but I assume you would cross to Whidbey Island, then take US 20 over.

Regardless if we caravan, I would love to connect with the PT crowd once we arrive.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:25 PM   #62

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19'
We would love to have you caravan with us:-)
Old 01-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #63

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I think you guys need to keep in touch with a cb radio
Old 01-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #64

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Billy Dale Fries

An Iowa boy who made it big for a little while in the early 70’s selling bread out of Omaha Nebraska. The two biggest things to come out of Audubon Iowa Billy and Albert the Bull. Hey you can’t make this stuff up. I was there.
Iowa Dave
Old 01-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #65

Trailer: 2019 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
I want to attend but am reluctant because of one small issue...

Would some kind person kindly provide a phonetic pronunciation for the place names in question?

Otherwise I will be too embarrassed to make reservations.

Thanks,
Alan
I think I can help...even people in BC have trouble with the pronunciation as they are First Nations names.
https://www.osoyoostimes.com/no-soy-in-osoyoos/ This is a good article from the local paper.
The property is owned by the Osoyoos Indian band and it also has a great winery and cultural centre, and Spirit Ridge Resort. The name Nk’Mip is pronounced
in-KA-meep
Another article about name and First Nations band follows.

Say what? Say Nk'Mip for superb B.C. wines | Winter 2012 | WinePress NW
HarpShallTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:06 AM   #66

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 towing with a 2019 Honda Ridgeline
opps wrong rally
the5reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #67
Omi

Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B
Is Half a rally OK?

My husband and I want to attend but we need to get on the road to Vermont for a granddaughter's 13th birthday on 2 June. We're thinking we need to leave Saturday 25th. We'll miss the potluck dinner and the rest of the weekend. We were thinking of taking a route across Canada. We're not familiar with the roads in Canada . . . is that a crazy idea? Anyone know an efficient route from B.C. to Burlington Vermont hauling our new Escape 17B?
Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:08 PM   #68

This will be our 4th Osoyoos Rally and we always leave on Sunday morning after staying 5 nights at Nk-Mip CG. We normally arrive home in Pennsylvania, wednesday night. According to mapquest, Burlington,Vt is 450 miles from us or 8 hours. Since we are 2 hours south of I80 you would be even closer and should arrive easily thursday or friday. If you want our route, let me know.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:56 PM   #69

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
This will be Jasper's 10th rally. There have been a couple years where we booted the 10 hour drive home on Sunday , but have since learned to take our time, spending at least an extra day, and now taking a full week to get home.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #70

This will be Franklin's 15th year with us and each day is a blessing, so we need to get home as quickly as possible to prevent an incident away from home. We all know that dogs get excited while away from their homes.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:55 PM   #71

It is good to see that you are venturing more into the states now Jim B, hopefully you and Jasper and the missus can attend some of the US rallies. I know Alf's Niagara, the Mississippi River, and Algonac are all in September and are located in beautiful locations. I guarantee these rallies have a lot more trees and green scenery and water sights than what you are experiencing now at Quartzite. Plus September has the fall colors for additional visual enjoyment.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:12 AM   #72
Omi

Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
This will be our 4th Osoyoos Rally and we always leave on Sunday morning after staying 5 nights at Nk-Mip CG. We normally arrive home in Pennsylvania, wednesday night. According to mapquest, Burlington,Vt is 450 miles from us or 8 hours. Since we are 2 hours south of I80 you would be even closer and should arrive easily thursday or friday. If you want our route, let me know.
Well, how many hours per day do you drive and, importantly . . . how fast do you drive. Please do share details of your route. Thanks!
Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:17 AM   #73

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
2019 Escape Trailer Rally

Quote:
I guarantee these rallies have a lot more trees and green scenery and water sights than what you are experiencing now at Quartzite.
I gotta respond to this!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:21 AM   #74

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
I guarantee these rallies have a lot more trees and green scenery and water sights than what you are experiencing now at Quartzite. Plus September has the fall colors for additional visual enjoyment.
Hold on there partner! I beg to differ.

I have attended those rallies and agree that they take place in beautiful county.

But, the Sonoran Desert has a unique beauty all its own and should not be compared or minimized.

Don’t make me mad!!!

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:20 AM   #75

Quote:
It is good to see that you are venturing more into the states now Jim B, hopefully you and Jasper and the missus can attend some of the US rallies. I know Alf's Niagara, the Mississippi River, and Algonac are all in September and are located in beautiful locations. I guarantee these rallies have a lot more trees and green scenery and water sights than what you are experiencing now at Quartzite. Plus September has the fall colors for additional visual enjoyment.
We will definitely plan to do so. This summer is going to see us going hard at our reno project with short trips interspersed, but after that we will start more extended summer trips, with a Maritimes trip being high on the priority list. This will likely include some northeastern stats as well.

Quartzsite is just a short blip in this trip, with the main purpose being to see the attendees more than the terrain, kinda like the Escape Rally. While the landscape there is not my favourite, I have learned to appreciate the differing beauty of many landscapes without trees. Beauty sounds in many a different way. Pretty sure I will appreciate the relatively treeless beaches in the Baja too. [emoji6]

Still, my love for trees, fresh water, and mountains, all as far away from civilization as possible, will always be tops. It is what I grew up exploring and experiencing.

Oh yeah, not really missing the weather being forecast for home right now either. [emoji41]
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-04-2019, 04:28 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Don’t make me mad!!!

Fred M.
Personally, I think I would risk that over making Lola mad! [emoji41]
Old 02-04-2019, 04:37 AM   #77

Quote:
This will be Franklin's 15th year with us and each day is a blessing, so we need to get home as quickly as possible to prevent an incident away from home. We all know that dogs get excited while away from their homes.
He is certainly getting up there in age.

I have to disagree in that most dogs I know are very excited to get away from home and go on a trip. Maybe once they are older with failing health not so much. When we start preparing for camping Jasper is beside himself with excitement, chomping at the bit to hang out in the great outdoors. As long as he gets to be with us he is happy. Fortunately as he closes in on being 11, he is still in excellent condition, and still loves long walks.

My brother's dog, Brewster, who is now 12 and deaf, is a happy camper along on this trip too.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:38 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
He is certainly getting up there in age.

I have to disagree in that most dogs I know are very excited to get away from home and go on a trip. Maybe once they are older with failing health not so much. When we start preparing for camping Jasper is beside himself with excitement, chomping at the bit to hang out in the great outdoors. As long as he gets to be with us he is happy. Fortunately as he closes in on being 11, he is still in excellent condition, and still loves long walks.

My brother's dog, Brewster, who is now 12 and deaf, is a happy camper along on this trip too.
I did not mean excited in a good way, I guess stressful and agitated are better words, restless, will not lay down, panting, indicators of under stress.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:42 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Hold on there partner! I beg to differ.

I have attended those rallies and agree that they take place in beautiful county.

But, the Sonoran Desert has a unique beauty all its own and should not be compared or minimized.

Don’t make me mad!!!

Fred M.
No intent on making you mad, although I have never stayed in Quartzite, the pictures leave me wanting more, that is all. I'm sure there is beauty anywhere if you look hard enough. Give me snow capped mountains, or rivers and green trees and ....well you know!
Old 02-04-2019, 06:43 AM   #80

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi View Post
My husband and I want to attend but we need to get on the road to Vermont for a granddaughter's 13th birthday on 2 June. We're thinking we need to leave Saturday 25th. We'll miss the potluck dinner and the rest of the weekend. We were thinking of taking a route across Canada. We're not familiar with the roads in Canada . . . is that a crazy idea? Anyone know an efficient route from B.C. to Burlington Vermont hauling our new Escape 17B?
In 2016 we took the Trans-Canada highway from Thunder Bay to the rally at Osoyoos. I just did a Google search of your east bound choices, and I was surprised to see that the Trans-Canada was 127 miles shorter, and only 2 hours longer, to Burlington, according to Google.

My recollection was the Trans-Canada was not quite as fast in some sections, but that is fine with us not to have so many semi's blowing by as you'd have on the U.S. Interstates. We prefer going 60-65 mph and most sections of the T-C were 100 to 120 kph, which we liked.

Depends on whether you have good cell coverage and internet ability for Canada, and what you think might be a difference in fuel costs lately. I'd go for it.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote