2019 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 27-29 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2019, 05:30 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Wow, looks like all the sites are taken, I sent an email asking if I could stay in a nearby tent site, awaiting their response.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Snow white

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
2019 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie.
That’s a nice looking new pickup. The only problem I can see is you could lose it in a snowstorm in Late September and not find it till the first of May. The road between Marquette and McGregor is open even though the river came back up. There was some fallen rock a few weeks ago when the frost went out and it rained several inches but no problems at this time. A brother of one of my former employees caught and released 27 brown trout one day last week. Three were over 16 inches so they were holdover fish from last fall or natives. He’s a retired DNR fisheries technician so might have had some insider insights.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #43

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Last year, in your absence, I did double duty keeping Iowa Dave and Thoer on task, as I said I would. No more. It's your turn.

What? No Euro-bike tour this year?

bon voyage,
Not this year, but maybe touring Germany and the Czech Republic next year.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:04 AM   #44

Ceske Budujovice

Hi Leon
In your travels to the Czech Republic don’t forget to go to Ceske Budejovice, home of true Budweiser. And when you’re getting ready to go, obtain a copy of the book “How I came to know fish”. It’s the best book on occupied Czechoslovakia I’ve ever read. While I don’t have an extensive bucket list, one thing I would do would be to fish for carp in Bohemia.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #45

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
I have heard the beer in the Czech Republic is very good! and they have wine too!. But it is a year off. Have to suffer with the beer selection in the Twin Cities which has steadily improved over the past few years. I belong to a group of people who gather for beer on Thursday Afternoon, often arriving by bicycle. Since November 2012 we have been to over 100 distinct locations. Many of them bars with a good tap list, but many micro breweries.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:51 PM   #46

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Wow, looks like all the sites are taken, I sent an email asking if I could stay in a nearby tent site, awaiting their response.
There are plenty of sites in the other three loops. Two of those loops are walking distance from the filled loop. Send me a private message if you want advice on sites.

The tent sites are actually walk-ins, though not very far. There is a parking area nearby but not room for a trailer.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #47

They told me I could use a tent site as long as my trailer would fit, they will let me know which tent site will allow the trailer? I would prefer to be near the core group. I do not need any hookups but would prefer access to a bath area, which I seem unable to find on the maps.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #48

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
They told me I could use a tent site as long as my trailer would fit, they will let me know which tent site will allow the trailer? I would prefer to be near the core group. I do not need any hookups but would prefer access to a bath area, which I seem unable to find on the maps.
The bath house is by the pavillion / playground and about a long block away from the main rally loop (Sites 99 to 126 )
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:13 PM   #49

Jim ; go to the Thomson Causeway Recreation. Gov Campsite website
Scroll about 3/4 down the page and click on facilities map
It will show you the map of the campground . It shows the location of the sites , water hydrants , pavillion , playground , bathhouse, etc etc
Hope this of some help . We are in site #122 by the entry to loop HPO1
Old 04-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #50

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
If my memory is correct (and most times it is) there are toilets in the PMAN area and toilets and showers in PMAS, just not sure where in the loops. I know this because I used the one in PMAN rather then walk to the one by the pavilion. Though in honesty the distance is about the same.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:38 PM   #51

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Quote:
Last year, we were next to the tent sites....a very short walk away. Some tenters did set up, and it rained like the dickins. We were in site 113, near the dumpster, Iowa Dave and the torque your nuts competition. If you end up in the tenters area, look for high ground as the tenters, last year, got washed out. The tent site is adjacent and very near the rendezvous main loop....a mere few steps away, depending where you set up.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:46 PM   #52

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Potosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
I have heard the beer in the Czech Republic is very good! and they have wine too!. But it is a year off. Have to suffer with the beer selection in the Twin Cities which has steadily improved over the past few years. I belong to a group of people who gather for beer on Thursday Afternoon, often arriving by bicycle. Since November 2012 we have been to over 100 distinct locations. Many of them bars with a good tap list, but many micro breweries.
Leon,

I recall I admonished you a couple of years ago at the rendezvous for not planning to stop in Potosi, WI at the brewery. On your way to Thomson, or way back, I highly recommend a visit. It is a National Beer Brewing museum, kind of spectacular. And a stunning restoration of a mid 1850's brewery. There is good parking for your rig.

Bon voyage
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:31 PM   #53

Okay, we are in site #37 PMAN next to our friends Corky & Darlene in #36 for Thursday arrival and leaving Sunday. It's about 13-14 hours so we plan on leaving mid nite Wednesday for our Thursday arrival. Planning on bringing 4 dozen Maple donuts, local KrispyKreme variation and plenty of coffee.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:40 PM   #54

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Okay, we are in site #37 PMAN next to our friends Corky & Darlene in #36 for Thursday arrival and leaving Sunday. It's about 13-14 hours so we plan on leaving mid nite Wednesday for our Thursday arrival. Planning on bringing 4 dozen Maple donuts, local KrispyKreme variation and plenty of coffee.
You're coming! Now maybe we'll have to rethink going ourselves. Wonder where we'd end up in the campground though. If we don't make it please say hello to Corky and Darlene from us. Tell them we nearly stopped in to see them in Biloxi in March. We stayed at the park for a night where my sister and husband were for two months. It was just down the road from the park they always go to.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:05 PM   #55

There were plenty of open spots in the PMAN loop and Corky said the higher numbers like 75 is close to the others, or you can be near us in the 30's.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:07 AM   #56

Quote:
Glad to hear you found a site and that you will have good neighbors
Old 04-29-2019, 08:57 AM   #57

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Leon,

I recall I admonished you a couple of years ago at the rendezvous for not planning to stop in Potosi, WI at the brewery. On your way to Thomson, or way back, I highly recommend a visit. It is a National Beer Brewing museum, kind of spectacular. And a stunning restoration of a mid 1850's brewery. There is good parking for your rig.

Bon voyage
I agree, it is well worth a visit. If I recall correctly (increasingly rare these days) Potosi won out as home of the National Beer Brewing museum over some large cities. We'll be in 112.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:16 AM   #58

Potosi

The restoration of the brewery there was an incredibly ambitious project. I happened to stop across the street at the Legion before it was started some years ago. When we were last there, there was a display from the Schmidt Brewing Co. As a yute I had fond memories of the Schmidt cans “painted” with animals and fish and the promotional items the company put out. And what a motto: “The Brew that Grew with the Great Northwest.”
We will toast “Cheap beer from the past” at the rally and drink the “good stuff” we can afford today. But in sensible moderation.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-29-2019, 05:00 PM   #59

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Hey Eric, looks like you have the site we had last year (112), and I think we may have the site you had (123).
mtnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:56 PM   #60

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnest View Post
Hey Eric, looks like you have the site we had last year (112), and I think we may have the site you had (123).
Great that you will be there again this year. I "think" we were in 110 last year and maybe 123 in 2017 -- but then again I "think" is the potential problem there. Should be another fun year and hopefully we have some fine weather -- and no floods!!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote