2019 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 27-29 - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #101

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Lefty is looking forward to the rendezvous, as always.
Lefty says you need to replace that Casita with Steve and Maryann's sweet 17B as he wants his own bed. You did drink the Koolaid last year as I recall.

Lug Nut contest has been determined to have run its course and will be replaced with a soon to be announced different activity.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:08 PM   #102

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Eric, Eric, Errant Eric

Oh, I did partake in the ESCAPE Koo laid concoction last year, but it seems to have had no effect. Maybe it was too weak, or too strong, or my immune system is too robust. I'm not certain. Old Lefty will have to suffer lying about and blocking in front of the bathroom door, (left open) in his super sweet sleep spot. Keep working the sale, but has it sold already? I didn't see it listed. Are you holding it for me?
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:28 PM   #103

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
That Kool Aid you guys were serving at Thompson Causeway last fall didn’t make me want to buy a trailer but it did make me walk funny after awhile. Camped on the North Dakota / South Dakota border tonight at west Pollock state park . Air is on
Davw
Old 08-05-2019, 09:16 PM   #104

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Eric, Eric, Errant Eric

Oh, I did partake in the ESCAPE Koo laid concoction last year, but it seems to have had no effect. Maybe it was too weak, or too strong, or my immune system is too robust. I'm not certain. Old Lefty will have to suffer lying about and blocking in front of the bathroom door, (left open) in his super sweet sleep spot. Keep working the sale, but has it sold already? I didn't see it listed. Are you holding it for me?
Yes, Lefty put in a down payment for it. Now you're gonna have to cover the rest or he'll get sent to Illinois and you'll have to start the paperwork to get him back.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:06 PM   #105

Jake told me tonight he sent Lefty $50 to help cover the down payment. Lefty said Tom would give me the money back at Thompson so I can put it back in Jakes account. He’d do it himself but they won’t let him back in the credit union after a little accident by the vault door. That crowbar hotel just north of Thompson ain’t no Marriot it’s the big house. When we can talk politics at the rally I got an idea for someone who ought to be in there and it isn’t Lefty.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-26-2019, 02:38 PM   #106

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
How did i miss out on that Kool Aid? Maybe this year.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:40 PM   #107

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
I seem to have misplaced the itinerary for this year. Would someone post it please. Thanks a million. Looking forward to see what is taking the place of the lug nut contest.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #108

Paul communicated with me last week. He said he’d be posting the schedule very shortly. We will be arriving mid afternoon on Wednesday and having a little kickoff at our site (114) at 5:00 PM or so. Everyone is welcome. Bring a chair. The river is back down from all the flooding so we should be good to go. The Governor of Iowa sent me some Iowa road maps and asked me to promote our state. I’ll have those along. It’s a crime to use them to start a fire or for any other camping use.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #109

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Dave,
This will be our first visit to Thomson as our last time in 2016 it was flooded and the rally moved elsewhere. My point is which is the most direct way into the cg coming from the east? We hope to arrive lunch time thursday...leaving at midnite, Wednesday.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:24 PM   #110

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Paul communicated with me last week. He said he’d be posting the schedule very shortly. We will be arriving mid afternoon on Wednesday and having a little kickoff at our site (114) at 5:00 PM or so. Everyone is welcome. Bring a chair. The river is back down from all the flooding so we should be good to go. The Governor of Iowa sent me some Iowa road maps and asked me to promote our state. I’ll have those along. It’s a crime to use them to start a fire or for any other camping use.
Iowa Dave
Dave, Dave!
Save those maps for me, any that don't get grabbed . And thank the gov for me. I use maps to wrap Xmas and birthday gifts. Much more informative than some lame, shiny wrapping paper, to those who are curious to wonder.

See ya'll at 5, @114.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:33 PM   #111

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Dave, Dave!
Save those maps for me, any that don't get grabbed . And thank the gov for me. I use maps to wrap Xmas and birthday gifts. Much more informative than some lame, shiny wrapping paper, to those who are curious to wonder.

See ya'll at 5, @114.

My wife wraps gifts with tea towels.
Cheap, themed, and useful.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:34 PM   #112

Hi Tom
My dad had a good friend who was a concrete truck driver. He had a bad drinking problem and how his wife stood by him nobody knew. One night he was having a couple drinks with my dad. He said “ Smitty, I think my wife wants me to leave.” Why is that my dad asked? “ Jim said. “ she keeps wrapping my sandwiches in Road maps.”
I got some great memories of those old boys who started and ended the day with a toddy.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-26-2019, 06:42 PM   #113

My great aunt Emma Yanda of Clutier Iowa was a fine Czech lady who had weathered the depression and never had much money. She would very carefully unwrap any Christmas or birthday gift and carefully fold up the paper. You’d see that paper the next time you got a gift from her. Stupid kids that we were, we snickered about it. It took me a few years to realize that she was so far ahead of the curve she couldn’t see us in the rear view mirror.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-28-2019, 04:56 PM   #114

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We made 2 gallons of sausage gravy today for Friday morning’s rally breakfast
Our sausage gravy is not low fat , gluten-free , dairy free or low sodium
( 8 lbs pork sausage , double smoked bacon , butter , cream , whole milk )
We hope the sausage gravy meets with Jim Norman’s , Ohio Ralph’s and Iowa Dave’s approval .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:07 PM   #115

You got my vote, should go well with some scrapple..........I'm getting hungry already. Ironically, I just printed out my map today. This is our second Mississippi Rally, but first at Thomson. Back in 2016 it was held elsewhere due to flooding. Leaving mid nite Wednesday, hoping to arrive lunchtime Thursday.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:39 PM   #116

BTW, there is no little heart symbol found on neither scrapple nor SPAM....guess that means both are good for your heart as they only put that symbol on items bad for your heart, correct?
Old 08-28-2019, 06:24 PM   #117

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Sounds delicious to me. [emoji106]
Old 08-28-2019, 06:59 PM   #118

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
BTW, there is no little heart symbol found on neither scrapple nor SPAM....guess that means both are good for your heart as they only put that symbol on items bad for your heart, correct?

Absolutely, Jim. Case in point, My Grandfather (from Lycoming County) ate all the wonderful offerings from the heart of Pennsylvania all his life--99½ years. (I know, I know, Spam's from Minnesota. Good place, that.)
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:06 PM   #119

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
We're so much enjoying Inyan in SD that we think we cannot possibly miss the Mississippi rally so don't be surprised if we show up. Steve's gravy sounds great, would go for †hat alone
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #120

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
We're so much enjoying Inyan in SD that we think we cannot possibly miss the Mississippi rally so don't be surprised if we show up. Steve's gravy sounds great, would go for †hat alone
We hope you can make the rally . We need you to lead us in saying grace before we eat breakfast .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote