2019 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 27-29 - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #81

Trailer: 2017 19' "Hardley" 2015 Grand Cherokee diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Hi guys thanks for the explanations is there water at the sites or a spigot near by? And is the dump site as we drive out like most ACE sites

BTW my name is Jim the jennykatz name was the name of my first cabin cruiser so it’s been used for all my sign ins sorry for confusion I probably should change my call sign
You pass the dump station on your way in so you can fill there or like Steve said there are not spigots at every site but they are available in each loop. Here’s a link to the campground map showing locations.

https://cdn.recreation.gov/webphotos...73445_THOS.pdf

BTW: We can always use more Jims around. It makes more difficult for people to know which one to blame.

Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #82

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
That is an interesting map Jim. I have seen many names for the different camping loops at Thomson Causeway, this is a new “or old” one I have not seen before. I believe this makes four different set of names. It seems the site numbers have remained unchanged but do not rely on the loop names.

fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:12 AM   #83

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I’m sorry Jim, I just never realized I was talking to you with that handle. Unlike many USFS ( Forest service) campgrounds, the Corps spigots are standard threaded and you can hook a hose to them. I will haul to Thompson empty and fill at the CG as I have experience there and trust the water. But I do use a filter Some places are iffy and the Forest service has signs stating no connections. If you use a water bandit on one of their spouts at Mountain Park the CG host who reminded me of Eva Braun gets pretty excited. She apparently did not appreciate my 25 years experience with over 100 backflow prevention devices, air gap fill , and tattoo across my back that says “ Salis Populi Suprema Lex”. (The people’s safety is the highest law) . But oh well.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-30-2019, 12:18 PM   #84

Trailer: 2017 19' "Hardley" 2015 Grand Cherokee diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
That is an interesting map Jim. I have seen many names for the different camping loops at Thomson Causeway, this is a new “or old” one I have not seen before. I believe this makes four different set of names. It seems the site numbers have remained unchanged but do not rely on the loop names.
But, but, but... I found it on the Internet. How could it be wrong?
I didn't even read the loop names I just looked at the numbers. Now that I look at it again where it says dump station doesn't look accurate either.

There's gotta be another Jim I can blame for this...
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:45 PM   #85

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
If it’s a problem, this guy can help. And he’s named Jim, what else?

Iowa Dave
Old 07-11-2019, 03:09 PM   #86

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Rally Agenda

The program for the September 25-29 Rendezvous has been emailed to everyone who indicated they were planning to attend. The program contains the planned activities starting on Wednesday with a pre-rally event and ending Saturday evening.

Since keeping track of everyone is not a perfect process by Paul, you may have been missed. Email delivery problems have also been known to occur. If you would like a copy emailed to you, please send your email address to paulatbraundomaindotcom. If you are staying at a campsite please include your site number.

Visitors to the rally are always welcome. Trailer tours are held Saturday morning. Hobnobbing with owners occurs throughout the rally. If you are planning to attend and would like the program emailed (and I would encourage you do so) please provide an email address.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #87
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Got mine, Paul, Thanks. As far as another Jim- found this old song, same name as mine...I even remember the song, gotta love the old style phone effects of the dialing noise....

« 2019 Niagara rally | - »