2019 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 27-29 - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-14-2019, 09:37 AM   #161

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Glad you can make....see you there....
Old 09-15-2019, 06:36 AM   #162

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
We were sitting around the campfire last night after the pot luck at the Niagara rally and the topic of Steve's fantastic biscuits and sausage gravy came up. It sure got those who have had it before salivating. Looking forward to it again this year. See you soon.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #163

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Bickelhaupt

I mentioned it in last years final Mississippi River Rendezvous posting, and I'm posting again for those who may be interested. Clinton, IA, across the river from the Thomson campgrounds has a stellar arboretum, Bickelhaupt by name. 13 miles away, 23 minutes drive time.

https://www.eicc.edu/about-eicc/coll...s/bickelhaupt/

Free of charge, open 365 days, sun-up to sun down. We went there last year and were duly impressed, and Fall can be a swell time to see the greenery. They specialize in conifer type shrubs and trees, and there are things there growing, gathered from all over the world, I never could have imagined existed.

Very well worth a visit, and I'm hankering to go back this year. Dogs are allowed on the grounds, leashed of course.

My 2 cents of sage advice.

bon voyage
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #164

Thanks Tom, I'll mention this to my gardener who travels with me.... she loves plants....
perhaps when the men get into a heated debate over tongue weights, a group of others can caravan over.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:13 PM   #165

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We are busy getting ready for the Mississippi rally . I spent today washing and waxing our trailer including the roof .The shine is not as good as I like but it’s better than it was . Hope it passes Iowa Dave’s inspection . Also getting everything ready for the biscuits and sausage gravy breakfast . My wife and I hope it lives up to Ohio Ralph’s high praise and expectations .
Tom , don’t forget our antenna wager , I ordered cigars yesterday so I’m set either way .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:40 PM   #166

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
The free tarp is gonna have to go some to top the Wine Escape. Where there was a $600 weight distributing hitch, grand aero mirrors, a solar controller, telescope, Bushnell binoculars, Volcano stove with propane burner, Peak1 Multi-fuel stove and probably 30 or 40 different items worth at least $20 apiece, three stingers with balls, about two dozen Vera Bradley items worth about $1,000 retail and on and on. It was a big time success. There was an attitude of gratitude, sharing and camaraderie prevailing. Canadians are so nice that when they step on their own foot they say “I’m sorry.”
Iowa Dave
Old 09-17-2019, 06:53 PM   #167

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
You got that right. The tarp in Canada will be hard to beat. Now I need to do another sweep of the house to see what treasures I can round up. If I had a U-Haul to tow behind our 19 I could do a serious garage clean out. See you soon.
p.s. Rumor has it you have a nice stash of plywood sheets that would make a fine addition to the tarp.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:34 PM   #168

Free tarp

I got some great Dodge mud flaps , brand new never used, and some great wildlife series Old Fitzgerald bottles with geese on them. Still lookin for a license plate. Anybody need a rusty mole trap?
Iowa Dave
Old 09-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #169

Trailer: 2012 19'
2019 Mississippi River Rally HOPI space 126 Available

We unfortunately will not be able to attend the rally this year. I have space 126 HOPI loop reserved that I am cancelling and will now be available.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #170

Well the countdown has started. We have power to the refer to start chilling. Just returned from store with some staples, mainly beer and brats and scrapple. Going to make my spiked cider now and start filling the refer once it gets down to 38, which I'm sure it will do as it got down near 48 here last night. Grits anyone?
Old 09-19-2019, 10:52 AM   #171

Hi Jim
I’m not that far along but I do have a shorter distance to drive. Currently the wheels are off one side of the Escape so Rita can polish up the wheel wells. Gotta do some running around when this current thunderstorm moves through. Of course the Escape 21 is warm and dry in her shed.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #172

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Site 123 HOPI available for rally weekend

Unfortunately Meg and I won't be able to join everyone at the rally this year. I have cancelled our reservation for site 123 HOPI. It may still be available in case anyone is interested. With any luck we'll see you all next year on the Mississippi. -Tom
mtnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:38 PM   #173

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
I am getting a new Napoleon travelq 285 portable grill for myself. As a result, I have a 7 year old weber que grill that is in fine condition except it needs a cleaning. Oh, and I will be taking the hose I use to connect to my 5lb propane tank. If I bring the grill to the rendezvous, will anyone want it? Otherwise I will leave it at home and take it to goodwill.

We leave next Tuesday, and expect to arrive Wednesday in time for Dave and Rita’s canapés.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #174

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
I am getting a new Napoleon travelq 285 portable grill for myself. As a result, I have a 7 year old weber que grill that is in fine condition except it needs a cleaning. Oh, and I will be taking the hose I use to connect to my 5lb propane tank. If I bring the grill to the rendezvous, will anyone want it? Otherwise I will leave it at home and take it to goodwill.

We leave next Tuesday, and expect to arrive Wednesday in time for Dave and Rita’s canapés.
Hi Leon, I will take it. I live Eagan, if it makes it easier for you I could arrange to pick it up at your home.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:30 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Hi Leon, I will take it. I live Eagan, if it makes it easier for you I could arrange to pick it up at your home.
Ronn I sent you a pm. The grill is yours!
Old 09-19-2019, 07:33 PM   #176

After 4 hours on electric the freeze was 4 and refer was 32, set back the thermostat to #2 vs #3 since refer is too cold. May have to move the thermistor also as it was moved when installing my refer fans. Tomorrow I'll move it down a little and start loading the goodies. I want my refer to look like Glenn's, he is my hero in packing for camping and has his priorities correct.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:39 PM   #177

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I don't understand the theory that if you move the thermistor, the temperature will change.
It doesn't know what number you have set. All it does is switch the fridge on and off when a temperature is reached.
If you leave it where Dometic put it and change the number you've set, you achieve the same thing.
Can't fool Mother Nature. It is what it is.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #178

I moved the thermistor from the factory setting and used #3 for my temperature, Since it is too cold on #3 I set it back to #2 and move the thermistor down so that i shuts off sooner. Then it should warm up a little in the refer, check the reading and probably go back to #3 with the thermistor in the new location. I failed to mark where it was originally thus it is hit or miss until things settle.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:54 PM   #179

I get so confused. Throw in the inner and outer fans, water column propane pressure, AC electric, DC power or propane. Oh it’s just so much to keep track of. On the other hand we have shiny wheel wells, a fresh coat of wax on the front, and a cooler for the beer that likes to live on ice. Going to see my brother tomorrow to see if he’s got anything left in the garden. No promises this year, it was a poor garden year here from a cold wet spring on.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-19-2019, 08:44 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I don't understand the theory that if you move the thermistor, the temperature will change.
It doesn't know what number you have set. All it does is switch the fridge on and off when a temperature is reached.
If you leave it where Dometic put it and change the number you've set, you achieve the same thing.
Can't fool Mother Nature. It is what it is.
Glenn,

On my RMD8555, moving the thermistor seemed to make the fridge cooler. It was attached to the cooling fins. Now it is close to the side of the fridge. we were already running at “5” which is the coldest setting. By moving it to a warmer part of the fridge, I think the cooling unit runs a bit more. Make sense?