2019 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 27-29 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
2019 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 27-29

Fellow and Potential Fiberglass Owners

It is time to start thinking and planning for the fifth annual Mississippi River Rendezvous. As years past we will host the event on the last weekend of September, starting the 27th. Thomson Causeway near Thomson Illinois will again be the location.

Over the last four years we have had over 100 different units in attendance. Equally interesting is, 74 of those have been to two or more of the rallies. And seven attendees, heaven forbid, have been to all of them. Last year saw a record 39 trailers in attendance.

Through postings in this thread we will be providing details of activities and plans for the weekend. If you are not on the email list for the rally send me your email address and I will add your name to provide future updates. Please use paul at braundomain dot com.

So, mark the dates, September 27 to 29 for the Mississippi River Rendezvous. It is time to book now for the most convenient sites. The Army Corp of Engineers has engaged a new contractor to handle the reservations at www.recreation.gov. As a result there has been a new abbreviation applied to the different loops. Here are the loops in order of preference and the new abbreviation. All loops, with the exception of the last (Rive) are within walking distance of each other and the center of evening activities, Stone shelter.

Site Numbers--- Loop Abbreviation
99-126--- HPOI
1-28--- PMAS
29-78--- PMAN
99-126--- RIVE

You are welcome to arrive early and stay late. Rest assured there will be other owners doing the same.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 (TV: 2007 Chevy Tahoe)
Rally On!

We're good to go. Site 106. Thanks for organizing this terrific event. This will be our third attendance. Arranging for better weather than last year would be greatly appreciated.
Gary and Joan.
pkgman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Thanks Paul and Janet, we were there as spectators last year and will be there this year with our Escape (site 105).
Old 04-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
We had such good neighbors last year that we'll be back in site 100 again.

Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:55 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
We’re excited to return and see everybody! We’ll be in site 104
Old 04-12-2019, 07:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
So excited to attend the rally for a 3rd year. First year - everyone was so sweet in letting me tour and providing expert advice. Decided on an Escape, rather than the runner-up, a Lil Snoozy. Second year - I had ordered my Escape but didn't have it yet, so camped in a tent. Third year - my Escape and I have been on the road for 5 months. It has been amazing. Booked site 124 and look forward to seeing everyone again.
Mary O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:17 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Road Warrior

Hi Mary
All I can say is WOW. When you told us you wanted to do some serious camping and traveling I took you at your word but wow, 5 months on the road out of the chute, that’s pretty impressive. You’ll be there this fall giving expert advice. Looking forward to hearing about your travels and adventures.
Second best of luck. You already had your first best luck when you passed on the Snoozy.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Meg and I looking forward to another good time with good people. For us sites in the HPOI loop were hard to come by. We got one of the last ones. Looks like Escapes folks may be spread out this year? -Tom
mtnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:51 AM   #9

Spread out

Not a real big deal if you’re not in the main loop. It’s not far to walk or if you need to haul a chair and cooler over there’s plenty of parking too. We will have the shelter and make a firewood run like last year. Egrets, Herons and Pelicans abound, great sunsets and friendly folks from many surrounding states. If you’re into picking up Hickory nuts for holiday cookies they are usually abundant at that time.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-14-2019, 08:01 AM   #10

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Terry and I will be in site 103! We just got home last night and snagged the last site in the loop!

Last year we had just finished the build sheet for our 5.0 TA when we attended the rally for a day. On October 23 we picked up our camper and went down #1 on the coast for over five weeks (39 days) and then on January 23 left again for Texas, NM, and Arizona for over eleven weeks (80 days). We've made numerous modifications since pickup, purchased a number of items, will leave many items home next time, but take a few more with. The 2018 rally gave us many ideas we installed and are looking for many more.

It will be fun to put faces to names and get to know everyone better.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 04-14-2019, 11:37 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
We are back

Lindy and I will be in site 110. We were sorry to miss the rally last year, and looking forward to returning.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:45 AM   #12

Awol

Hi Leon,
It will be good to see you again. AWOL, Absent with out Lindy.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-14-2019, 11:54 AM   #13

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
This is a great rally , lots of fun and well run !
My only request is that I wish Fudge Brownie would post early on which site Iowa Davei will be in for the rally.
This would allow those of us that are making reservations early to better pick our site. Since Dave’s site is usually the center of many activities and gatherings , being close has many advantages , one being that those of us with bad knees wouldn’t have to walk so far . I realize that not everyone can have a site close to Iowa Dave so we may be forced to have a lottery . If you have ever had the opportunity & pleasure to meet or listen to Dave spin a yarn or tell stories you would understand !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:21 PM   #14

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
This is a great rally , lots of fun and well run !
My only request is that I wish Fudge Brownie would post early on which site Iowa Davei will be in for the rally.
This would allow those of us that are making reservations early to better pick our site. Since Dave’s site is usually the center of many activities and gatherings , being close has many advantages , one being that those of us with bad knees wouldn’t have to walk so far . I realize that not everyone can have a site close to Iowa Dave so we may be forced to have a lottery . If you have ever had the opportunity & pleasure to meet or listen to Dave spin a yarn or tell stories you would understand !
Steve I'm sure Dave will chime in but I'm sure he's booked his usual site 114.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #15

Hi Adrian
Are you coming this year and if so what site do you have? Anyone coming in on Wednesday is more than welcome to stop for a visit at Site 114. I’ll try to produce some produce. Unless Illinois enacts a no garlic and peppers immigration law.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-14-2019, 01:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Adrian
Are you coming this year and if so what site do you have? Anyone coming in on Wednesday is more than welcome to stop for a visit at Site 114. I’ll try to produce some produce. Unless Illinois enacts a no garlic and peppers immigration law.
Iowa Dave
Hi Dave and Rita

Sorry we are going to skip this year We are going to Inyan in SD in August and have to limit our trips to the US for a number of reasons. Hope to see you all though in 2020.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:20 PM   #17

So Dak and Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Hi Dave and Rita

Sorry we are going to skip this year We are going to Inyan in SD in August and have to limit our trips to the US for a number of reasons. Hope to see you all though in 2020.
We took the Boy Scouts to the Black Hills on High Adventure. We stayed at Angostura state Recreation area for three nights and then over to Devils tower for two nights. Had a good time. There was a pretty nice grocery store in Hot Springs on the southern end of the Black Hills area. Too much to do in just a week, we’ve visited about 25 times in the past 50 years. There are snakes so watch where you step and put your hands when you’re out hiking. Drive the wildlife loop in the last hour of the day or first hour in the morning. Seems like the animals are most active then. Take crackers for the begging burros. That’s all I got. Have fun.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I recently looked up travel medical insurance to cover Leslie for one month in the U.S. Premium for her was $1,250 and I'm guessing mine would be similar. That and the Canadian dollar make any trip to the U.S. very expensive.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I recently looked up travel medical insurance to cover Leslie for one month in the U.S. Premium for her was $1,250 and I'm guessing mine would be similar. That and the Canadian dollar make any trip to the U.S. very expensive.
Glenn that sounds outrageously expensive. Even last year when Beth did not qualify for regular insurance and had to go to special underwriting her 33 days away cost only $407. Now she does again qualify the 41-50 day package we just used. It cost her $569 plus for an extra $285 she can go up to 33 days as many times as she likes for a year. I have similar insurance through Medipac associated with the Canadian Snowbirds Association.

Insurance cost is not one of the reasons we're not going to attend the Miss. rally. If we return to Georgia this fall we won't be leaving home until late October.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:58 PM   #20

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I was just after a rough estimate so I didn't fill in the application as a BCAA member. Didn't want a record in their files. Not sure I answered everything correctly.
I took the application for me to my doctor once and even she wasn't sure how to answer some of the questions.