2019, Oct 11-14: Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2018, 06:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Scamp
2019, Oct 11-14: Eggshells in The Outer Banks

Eggshells in The Outer Banks (OBX) Rally, North Carolina

Friday, Oct. 11th — Monday, Oct. 14th 2019

Dare to venture out and explore on Columbus Day Weekend at Camp Hatteras. Whether you want to climb above the high-water mark at historical lighthouses or just stick your toes in the sand, The Outer Banks is overflowing with pioneering activities.

Spread your wings and discover The Outer Banks while sharing the nest with other fiberglass eggs.

Rally registration opens at the beginning of the 2019 New Year. For further information and to register, please go to Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OBX-blockad2.jpg (29.7 KB, 214 views)

Old 01-05-2019, 08:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Scamp

Registration is now available and we’ve got a groovy sticker this year! (For you design enthusiasts, it incorporates Pantone’s 2019 color of the year; Living Coral.)

Make your reservations on the rally website and be part of the nest in the Outer Banks:
http://www.rvcompass.com/OBXrally/reserve.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019ShellSticker300px.jpg (81.8 KB, 150 views)

Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Any Escape owners going to this?

Hello,
This is an area we've never been to so we decided to attend this rally, will admit hard to get the fact that somewhere in N. Carolina is 10 hours plus drive from where we live in GA but we are looking forward to this trip.

Curious any other Escape owners plan on being there?

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2015 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Hello,

Curious any other Escape owners plan on being there?

Steve
Funny you should ask that Steve. We have been thinking of heading back to Fort Benning at the end of October but are not set on our plans yet, so maybe we'll have to consider this rally, especially since we had originally planned to hit the outer banks this spring.

If we go it would mean seeing Jeannine (Hidalga) three times this year - Green Eggs and Ham, Inyan in SD in August, then Outer Banks.
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #5

Hope you get to attend, we have always enjoyed any rally we attended. Deciding now also on how to handle this, I'm also scheduled to be at the Wild Frontier Rally the next week. Patty can't do both and she really wants to go to the Outer Banks so if I decide to stick to both she will probably catch a plane back home from Raleigh Durham area. Poor me all this decisions .

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I spent 2 years stationed nearby and I can tell you if the wind is not blowing, the flies and mosquitoes will eat you alive. My parents came down one weekend and I had liberty, wearing my whites and you could see all the red spots where I got bite by the bugs. The ocean front is better for the breezes versus the sound side but the KOA down the street wants $100/night. Just hope for some wind and you will enjoy it.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #7
gbb

Trailer: 21' ordered
We hope to be back in NC by mid september with our new 21, and after a few weeks to cath up around here that sounds like a great potential first NC trip
Steve:
Also would be interested in the GA / SE rally you mentioned in another thread. We used to live in NE GA and have fond tent camping memories, mainly north georgia but a few in south ga as well.
1 more comment on another one of your threads; I wish I knew enough about the different options on the table mounts to join in on your order. That sounds like one of the best ways to go, but still too many build sheet decisions to make. Our daughter will be moving to Atlanta this fall so maybe I can get in the next order.
Agree with some of your other posts; this forum and the people we have met with Escapes is how we knew that the Escape is what we need to purchase.
gbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I spent 2 years stationed nearby and I can tell you if the wind is not blowing, the flies and mosquitoes will eat you alive.
No kidding. Last year I stayed at the Cape Point Campground near the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. It was a swampy area which I figured would be trouble, but luckily a steady breeze blew the whole time I was there. I knew that if the breeze stopped I'd have to relocate.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #9

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I spent 2 years stationed nearby and I can tell you if the wind is not blowing, the flies and mosquitoes will eat you alive. My parents came down one weekend and I had liberty, wearing my whites and you could see all the red spots where I got bite by them. The ocean front is better for the breezes versus the sound side but the KOA down the street wants $100/night. Just hope for some wind and you will enjoy it.
I'm not sure that would be a problem that time of year. jn
Old Today, 05:39 AM   #10

First THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE, to you and any other member of this forum that served our country. I consider you America's true hero's.

Yes hoping by October no mosquitoes. For many years we have camped on my birthday end of June at a beach location but decided after last year tired of dealing with the mosquitoes so we are going to the mountains this year and see what that's like.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve