2019, Oct 11-14: Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2018, 06:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Scamp
2019, Oct 11-14: Eggshells in The Outer Banks

Eggshells in The Outer Banks (OBX) Rally, North Carolina

Friday, Oct. 11th — Monday, Oct. 14th 2019

Dare to venture out and explore on Columbus Day Weekend at Camp Hatteras. Whether you want to climb above the high-water mark at historical lighthouses or just stick your toes in the sand, The Outer Banks is overflowing with pioneering activities.

Spread your wings and discover The Outer Banks while sharing the nest with other fiberglass eggs.

Rally registration opens at the beginning of the 2019 New Year. For further information and to register, please go to Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2019, 08:33 PM   #2

Registration is now available and we’ve got a groovy sticker this year! (For you design enthusiasts, it incorporates Pantone’s 2019 color of the year; Living Coral.)

Make your reservations on the rally website and be part of the nest in the Outer Banks:
http://www.rvcompass.com/OBXrally/reserve.html
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2019, 06:39 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Any Escape owners going to this?

Hello,
This is an area we've never been to so we decided to attend this rally, will admit hard to get the fact that somewhere in N. Carolina is 10 hours plus drive from where we live in GA but we are looking forward to this trip.

Curious any other Escape owners plan on being there?

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:35 AM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Hello,

Steve
Funny you should ask that Steve. We have been thinking of heading back to Fort Benning at the end of October but are not set on our plans yet, so maybe we'll have to consider this rally, especially since we had originally planned to hit the outer banks this spring.

If we go it would mean seeing Jeannine (Hidalga) three times this year - Green Eggs and Ham, Inyan in SD in August, then Outer Banks.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:50 PM   #5

Hope you get to attend, we have always enjoyed any rally we attended. Deciding now also on how to handle this, I'm also scheduled to be at the Wild Frontier Rally the next week. Patty can't do both and she really wants to go to the Outer Banks so if I decide to stick to both she will probably catch a plane back home from Raleigh Durham area. Poor me all this decisions .

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
Old 04-23-2019, 07:02 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I spent 2 years stationed nearby and I can tell you if the wind is not blowing, the flies and mosquitoes will eat you alive. My parents came down one weekend and I had liberty, wearing my whites and you could see all the red spots where I got bite by the bugs. The ocean front is better for the breezes versus the sound side but the KOA down the street wants $100/night. Just hope for some wind and you will enjoy it.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:11 PM   #7
gbb

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
We hope to be back in NC by mid september with our new 21, and after a few weeks to cath up around here that sounds like a great potential first NC trip
Steve:
Also would be interested in the GA / SE rally you mentioned in another thread. We used to live in NE GA and have fond tent camping memories, mainly north georgia but a few in south ga as well.
1 more comment on another one of your threads; I wish I knew enough about the different options on the table mounts to join in on your order. That sounds like one of the best ways to go, but still too many build sheet decisions to make. Our daughter will be moving to Atlanta this fall so maybe I can get in the next order.
Agree with some of your other posts; this forum and the people we have met with Escapes is how we knew that the Escape is what we need to purchase.
gbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I spent 2 years stationed nearby and I can tell you if the wind is not blowing, the flies and mosquitoes will eat you alive.
No kidding. Last year I stayed at the Cape Point Campground near the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. It was a swampy area which I figured would be trouble, but luckily a steady breeze blew the whole time I was there. I knew that if the breeze stopped I'd have to relocate.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:03 PM   #9

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I spent 2 years stationed nearby and I can tell you if the wind is not blowing, the flies and mosquitoes will eat you alive. My parents came down one weekend and I had liberty, wearing my whites and you could see all the red spots where I got bite by them. The ocean front is better for the breezes versus the sound side but the KOA down the street wants $100/night. Just hope for some wind and you will enjoy it.
I'm not sure that would be a problem that time of year. jn
Old 04-24-2019, 05:39 AM   #10

First THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE, to you and any other member of this forum that served our country. I consider you America's true hero's.

Yes hoping by October no mosquitoes. For many years we have camped on my birthday end of June at a beach location but decided after last year tired of dealing with the mosquitoes so we are going to the mountains this year and see what that's like.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
Old 04-27-2019, 09:08 PM   #11

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Yes, attending the Eggshells in The Outer Banks Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Hello,
This is an area we've never been to so we decided to attend this rally, will admit hard to get the fact that somewhere in N. Carolina is 10 hours plus drive from where we live in GA but we are looking forward to this trip.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
Hi Steve,

Yes, we plan to attend and just finished reserving the Eggshells in The Outer Banks Rally.

PS - Adrian, hope to see you there as well as the Inyan (South Dakota) rally.

Ronn
Old 05-18-2019, 09:37 AM   #12

Mosquitoes can be an issue during the summer, but in October not usually so. We didn't have any issue with them the last two gatherings. In fact, 2017 gave us stellar 80° beach-going weather!
Old 05-18-2019, 09:38 AM   #13

OBX News Update

Exciting things are happening in the Outer Banks!

Are you a Shark fan? Then the Outer Banks is a hot spot for you:
https://islandfreepress.org/outer-ba...hark-trackers/

15-foot great white shark tracked off the Carolinas. It weighs 2,137 pounds:
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...230332489.html

Watch the YouTube video on the Bonner Bridge Replacement Project Update. It'll be an awesome drive!

After being closed for two years, the renovations are complete and the memorial is open this year! Grand Reopening of the Wright Brothers National Memorial Visitor Center:
https://www.nps.gov/wrbr/index.htm

Learn more about the Outer Banks here:
https://www.outerbanks.org/

Are you looking to attend Eggshells in The Outer Banks? Sign up at our rally website:
http://www.rvcompass.com/OBXrally/index.html
Old 08-05-2019, 07:31 PM   #14

Only for the Salty Adventurers

2019 is shaping to be the best educational event yet. Set in one of the most dynamic geologic locations on Earth, this strip of ever-shifting sandy land will make you appreciate the planet we occupy.

Carry your trailer wheels to a place that we can experience an ever-changing environment and the salty souls who inhabit it. To top off the video posted on the rally's site: Ribbon of Sand - North Carolina's Outer Banks, we also encourage you to watch the YouTube video which presents the new Bonner Bridge; a vital part to safe navigation for NC.
The Oregon Inlet remains one of the most dangerous passages for any vessel anywhere on the East Coast and unless you’re bringing your camper via ferry system, you’ll be travelling over the new Bonner Bridge.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:00 AM   #15

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
I'm picking up my Escape October 17th and hanging around Chilliwack for a while to work out any bugs so will miss this year's Eggshell event. There's no place like the Outer Banks, an amazing area of coastal Carolina! I just returned from a vacation at Emerald Isle, and my parents grew up on the Pamlico Sound, with later family camping trips to Ocracoke Island in the 1950's and 1960's, so I have a bit of salt in my shoes and envy those who can make your event this year. I'm hoping to ferry-hop up the coast next year, making the Eggshell gathering part of the trip. Best wishes for this year's Eggshell rally!

PS: Enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting it!

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:21 PM   #16

Trailer: 2012 5.0
Haven't been to the OBX is over 20 years. Time for another visit. Arriving Friday, site 394
ivanputski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #17

Thanks Ava! At this point, Eggshells is turning into a biennial event, so I'm not sure about next year yet.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanputski View Post
Haven't been to the OBX is over 20 years. Time for another visit. Arriving Friday, site 394

Awesome. See you there!
Old 09-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #19

We Dare You

I write this to y’all as Dorian dumps a bucket of water on us and sends puffs our way…
It’s not our first hurricane Rodeo. In fact, this year we’ve taken on the rally theme, “We Dare You”.

Camp Hatteras is located in Dare County, NC. Named after Virginia Dare, the first English child born in a New World overseas.

The Outer Banks folks are pros and everyone needs to take "recovery" lessons from them. Your concerns are recognized, however, I have the confidence in our camp to pull it off. Only if another hurricane is imminent on our rally weekend (like Matthew), Camp Hatteras will make it happen.

I'm currently returning from the SD rally, Inyan, sitting in a McDonalds parking lot for the night (and thank you McD for free, super strong wi-fi) just 100 miles out of Wilmington, NC. The wind gives just a gentle rocking in the trailer, and I know where I'm going for a fast breakfast and coffee in the morning. So far, all roads are passable.

The best part about all this pelting rain is the plethora of dead insects and birds stuck to my car and trailer from the long road trip, which are naturally getting pressure-washed away. Makes the destination wash down SO much easier!

I know that our OBX camp will be ready for us as they have multiple years in the past. That's why we're the salty adventurers who Dare…

So join us salty, sandy adventurers. “We Dare You!”
Old 09-13-2019, 08:22 PM   #20

Eggshells in The Outer Banks Free Site Giveaway!

Camp Hatteras is sponsoring a free campsite for the rally weekend. That's a full-hook up site for 3 nights, and access to all the amenities. If you'd like to join us, sign up now!]

Drawing will close and the winner will be contacted on September 30, 2019. Please one entry per person. If you've already registered with the rally, you've been automatically entered for a chance to win, so no extra signup on your part.

Follow this link to win a chance at the free site giveaway and join us in the Outer Banks: https://jpatane.wufoo.com/forms/z1wni3yf0x3t2p7/

Registered participants should have received an email earlier today that links the Schedule of Events and a trivia map, along with other OBX news. We’ve also updated the rally website for everyone.

NOTE: The last day to reserve online is October 2, 2019. There will be a registration fee increase for walk-ins after the online cut-off date.