2019 Quartzsite Gathering - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2018, 01:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
2019 Quartzsite Gathering

2019 Quartzsite Gathering Hosts: Scamp Owners International

This gathering is for all brands of Molded Fiberglass Trailers! Like Salmon returning home all brands of Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers make the annual pilgrimage to the AZ Desert.

Dates: Feb 4-10th

February 4th to 7th - Early bird Quartzsite Pre-Gathering (Mon thru Thurs)
February 8th to 10th - Main Event (Friday thru Sunday)

If you can attend the Main Gathering, the Pre-Gathering, or the entire Quartzsite Gathering we’d love to have you come and enjoy the good times. Some even stay for a Post-Gathering for a few days if you’re so inclined.

Mark the dates. Details of the event will be posted mid-summer.

2019 Event Headquarters: https://www.scampowners.com/forums/2...-international

Last years recap:
https://www.scampowners.com/comment/10472#comment-10472
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Too early to volunteer for soup duties?

Thanks Greg, always nice to have a date nailed down ahead of time.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Ron,
You know the Mystery Soup is always yours if you are there and want it.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
The Dome Rock gathering at Quartzsite has been on my Bucket List... forever. On January 1, 2019 I start a new life adventure. I'll BE THERE! Check!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
If we make it back, I'm not going to make the mistake to set up on Snob Hill, and face the scorn and contempt of the Bottom Feeders again.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Hurry Hurry & reserve your site before they are all gone! (Just kidding, after all I only missed April 1 by one day).

Not kidding, you may be interested in attending week long camping at the Lake Havasu City Rodeo Grounds for 4 nights of fireworks the week after the Quartzsite Rally. I have a journal of my time there in 2018 with links to lots of photos. Here is a link to the thread I started for the event.

They will try to get us together as a group if you put "Fiberglass" in the group field when registering. More information & registration is at Havasu Rodeo & Events. Let me know if you have any questions about the event. I don't work for the rodeo grounds, but had a great time.

This event sells out every year, so if interested, reserve early!
Old 04-02-2018, 05:18 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
This event sells out every year, so if interested, reserve early!
Reservation made! See ya there. I put fiberglass in the group field.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:46 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
penned into my calendar
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #9

I received my confirmation email from Sara Park Rodeo Grounds and it said "I have started the ”Fiberglass Group” for you and Arthur Lopez has also registered. If you are planning to meet anyone here please let me know so I can keep an eye out for them and I will let you know when they register."

So the ball is rolling - be sure to use the "fiberglass" group when you register. Thanks, Jon! If the fireworks are half a good as the ones in your pics, we are in for a wonderful time.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:00 PM   #10

I should clarify the rodeo grounds set up. The actual fireworks take place at the Havasu 95 Speedway at SARA Park. The Rodeo Grounds are also part of the SARA park, but separate form the fireworks. If you want to sit in the bleachers where the displays take place, there is a $5.00 charge per night. You can see the fireworks from the Rodeo Grounds (that is where I took the pictures from).

There is a BLM dispersed camping area directly across AZ 95 that is free (although very crowded during the fireworks). The advantage of the Rodeo Grounds is access to water, showers, and, on a couple of nights, an inexpensive dinner. While there are bleachers at the Rodeo Grounds, they are not an ideal location to watch the fireworks from.

If you want to have the fallout raining down on you, head for the Speedway, but if you want to see them from a bit of distance, the Rodeo Grounds work well. Most of the front row sites will be taken by previous attendees, but we had no problems setting up chairs & tripods along the front row.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:20 PM   #11

So.... Did I go to the right place? I clicked on the link you posted (Havasu Rodeo & Events), clicked the button "Reserve my RV spot now!", filled out the form, paid my money, and received my reservation.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
So.... Did I go to the right place? I clicked on the link you posted (Havasu Rodeo & Events), clicked the button "Reserve my RV spot now!", filled out the form, paid my money, and received my reservation.
'tis what I would do, Tom.

We do hope to make Quartzsite next year, but are considering heading to Mexico after that, but plans will not be set for some time yet.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-03-2018, 06:40 PM   #13

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Both sound fun...I'm due in Cottonwood, AZ 2/27 for a camping gathering...started out as Aframes but everyone is welcome. It's a nice group of folks and there is fun stuff to do around there, as several of you know. It's about 4 +hrs from Havasu.

I'll wait awhile to make my reservations--I have to check the grands week off in Febr.--but it would be a nice Trifecta for anyone who doesn't want to go home!
Old 04-03-2018, 06:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Both sound fun...I'm due in Cottonwood, AZ 2/27 for a camping gathering...started out as Aframes but everyone is welcome. It's a nice group of folks and there is fun stuff to do around there, as several of you know. It's about 4 +hrs from Havasu.
I assume that is at Dead Horse, correct? It was about that date that we left there, though did head straight there from Quartzsite.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:03 PM   #15

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Yes, Dead Horse Ranch State Park. I think you left the day I arrived! There was an escape in the upper loop later in the week but I only drove through once and no one was there.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Yes, Dead Horse Ranch State Park. I think you left the day I arrived! There was an escape in the upper loop later in the week but I only drove through once and no one was there.
If it was a classic 5.0TA, it was Bob (padlin) and his wife, Deb. They arrived a couple days before we left.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Yes. I just pointed out some other options.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #18

Thanks for the fireworks info Jon. We'll probably show up for one night. Good knowing that the BLM land is an option for a short term look at the fireworks.

Boy, our 2019 calendar is starting to take shape. We're thinking that we'll head to Baja before Q'site. Even if Mex 5 isn't fully paved we'll still go. Missed going this year and with all the snow to shovel back home kinda regretted not being in Baja.

I know that there's a few folks that would like to go to Baja but are a little hesitant to do it on their own and maybe don't want to do the caravan thing. Our rough plan is to cross at Mexicali approx. Jan 10th, subject to fine tuning. Anyone that wants to tag along is welcome to do so. We know the drill. Our destination is Coyote Beach, south of Mulege.

Ron
Old 04-04-2018, 11:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I know that there's a few folks that would like to go to Baja but are a little hesitant to do it on their own and maybe don't want to do the caravan thing. Our rough plan is to cross at Mexicali approx. Jan 10th, subject to fine tuning. Anyone that wants to tag along is welcome to do so. We know the drill. Our destination is Coyote Beach, south of Mulege.

Ron
Lisa and I were discussing our winter travel plans last night, and she proposed the possibility of heading to Baja before the Quartzsite rally. If we did this we would either leave here right after Christmas, or right after New Years (we always have a big party). If the latter our timing would not be a lot different than yours. We'll see though, things are still in the planning stage, and had considered staying in Mexico for a good month or more.

As mentioned before, on our trip this year to Arizona and Quartzsite, we learned more of what we want to see and do than stuff we actually did do.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #20

We also like to be home at Xmas and New Years. I'd also like about a month in Baja. It's 3 easy days, as much as driving in Baja is easy back to Q'site. So leaving after New Year's allows for that.

Yup, really early to nail anything down for sure but since lots of folks like to plan things well in advance I thought that I'd throw the Baja thing in with Q'site as the two items can fit together quite well.

Ron