2020 Quartzsite Gathering - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2019, 01:21 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
We'll be arriving probably on Tues. You can put us down for a couple of stints on the registration desk.

I want to volunteer to be a judge on the desert judging committee. Just because I'm always first in line so that I'm assured of getting a slice of Jon's delicious blueberry pie I promise that I won't show him any favoritism.

Ron
Ron,
Got you down for a Dessert Judge. The Desert Judging I'm not getting involved in.
Reg table shifts are M-TH 9-11am, 11-1pm, 1-3pm, 3-5pm.
TH 1-3pm is already filled. Let me know your pleasure.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:43 PM   #42

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
We have just purchased Lewis & Lewis for 6 months for mainland Mexico. $450 approx. Includes $500,000 liability in US $. Our Tug and trailer insured for $42,000. We are allowed in about 1/2 of Mexico, if headed to the Yucatan we'd pay about $100 more. But we are not going further than Puerta Vallarta, maybe Lake Chapala. Paul Bedsoe of Caravans of Mexico tells me that Lewis and Lewis have paid out for accidents on their caravans. If you are a customer of them, you get a 10% discount. Next year Caravans of Mexico will lead at least 1 caravan to Baja. Their caravans usually limit numbers to 12-15 rigs. Personally, we prefer alone or 1 friend to a big group. Caravans of Mexico have a website and Facebook page. Their website is a great resource on what to bring to Mexico; paperwork, spares, fuel availability, everything you need to know.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:13 PM   #43

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
There's an article in a Mexican paper, from about 2010, saying how Mex. 5 will be finished within the year. Don't know what happened but somewhere along the way things ground to a halt. Then a hurricane wiped out all the bridge approaches on the new section that had been completed.

Part of the problem this year was my bad decision to bypass Coco's Corner and take the new route for the last few miles which was very rough. We returned via Mex. 1 which was in good shape and swore "never again for Mex. 5"

I follow things Baja daily and a couple of months ago a miracle happened, every bit of heavy machinery that had been sitting idle was suddenly mobilized. There's only 7 miles unpaved at last report and while all the bridge approaches haven't been repaired the short detours have been vastly improved.

So, unless a hurricane wipes out the road between now and Q'site it's looking like Mex. 5 will be the route down.

Oh, Jim, did I ever mention we have photos of you, on, or mostly on the SUP

Ron
Wow Ron. Mex 5 again!! You sure that you really want to baptize your new 21 with a trip down Mex 5? Us, although we plan to be in Quartzite, nor yet quite ready to try Mex 5 again, maybe we will wait until this year's report. I think we will try some other options for our winter rip south this year. We are meeting friends in the Phoenix area from January 22, so probably leaving Vancouver about January 17.

PS Nice picture of all the Escapes on Coyote beach.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:10 PM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
As of two days ago there was 2 1/2 miles of unpaved road. Incredible. I don't know what's caused the explosion of effort in the last couple of months. There's still detours for the washed out bridge approaches but the they're smooth and not an issue.

If there hadn't been all this work done we'd have taken Mex. 1.

Now, if only a hurricane doesn't damage it all again.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #45

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
As of two days ago there was 2 1/2 miles of unpaved road. Incredible. I don't know what's caused the explosion of effort in the last couple of months. There's still detours for the washed out bridge approaches but the they're smooth and not an issue.

If there hadn't been all this work done we'd have taken Mex. 1.

Now, if only a hurricane doesn't damage it all again.

Ron
I think that we are waiting for photographic evidence first!
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:11 PM   #46

Trailer: 2006 Escape 17
I've really enjoyed the Quartzsite gathering and the music, looking forward to seeing everyone there again. Appreciate the good work, Greg.
advdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:52 PM   #47

The Quartzsite Gathering is quite unique and I'm very glad you have gotten to experience it and are returning, Dave.
We have many first timers, and trailer searchers coming this year who will get to experience it for the first time, as well as all the Quartzsite veterans who will be returning. May all have a great experience, and I'm sure the gathering will only continue to get better every year going forward.
Can't wait to see everyone at this years gathering.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:20 PM   #48

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
I plan on being at the Q gathering, assuming the BLM camping registration forms are not audited while I'm there. I've been going to a growing # of Q gatherings the past few years and adding the FG gathering this coming year will put me into 3 different 2-wk locations for a total of over a month.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:15 PM   #49

Excellent, Tom, can’t wait to see all you’ve done with your trailer.
I wouldn’t worry about the BLM issue much as they’re pretty short staffed, etc. Plus the Rangers love our gathering and always come out to see the trailers and hang out. We’ll get ya covered.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #50

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA - 2016 Toyota Tundra '1794'
Send a message via Skype™ to SterJen
Dan & Sally with Lucy and Casper - planning on it!
Old 11-26-2019, 07:32 PM   #51

Trailer: Escape
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:49 PM   #52

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
If anyone is planning on attending the Lake Havasu Balloon Festival prior to the Quartzsite gathering (Jan 7 - 13), there are several Fiberglass trailers that will be in Windsor Lot 1. Just ask the RV Coordinator to be included with the "Fiberglass Friends".

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #53

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
For those interested, Sweet Darlene's IS NOT permanently closed, and the Friday All You Can Eat Fish Fry was excellent, as usual.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:22 AM   #54

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I really enjoy reading your travel blogs and seeing your pictures Jon, I envy your lifestyle somewhat but I am unable to experience it first hand, thus I'm limited to reading about it....krrp up the great postings.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:33 AM   #55

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
For those with questions about Dome Rock & the Gatherings, here are some links to my photo pages from the last couple of years:

2019 Quartzsite Rally, Dome Rock, AZ
2018 Quartzsite Rally, Dome Rock, AZ
2017 Quartzsite Rally, Dome Rock, AZ
2016 Quartzsite Rally, Dome Rock, AZ
2014 Quartzsite Rally, Dome Rock, AZ
Old 12-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #56

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Great to look over the photos Jon. Really jogs the memory about some things that I'd forgotten about.

No mention of badges or pins. Oh well, the ones that I have will become collector items.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #57

Don’t worry, Ron, our botton/pin master is busy producing the last in the line for this years gathering. Have no idea if this tradition will be carried forward or not, so this last one could be huge.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #58

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Don’t worry, Ron, our botton/pin master is busy producing the last in the line for this years gathering. Have no idea if this tradition will be carried forward or not, so this last one could be huge.
Greg we hope to be there on Wed this year changing things around . Hope we get our buttons too ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:28 PM   #59

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quartzfest

Dang, I'm going to miss this. I'm arriving too late. FYI:

https://quartzfest.org/
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #60

Trailer: Escape 2017 19
We have just returned from a 2 month trip from Calgary to the Baja with friends in a Bigfoot 17.5. We got as far south as Cabo Pulmo. Hwy 5 has about 20 bridge bypasses to navigate, smooth might be an exaggeration. There is about 10 km of unpaved rough road, but no problem if taken slowly. There is no signage and quite a few options at the detour. Try to follow someone local. Do not follow the construction vehicles. Work is progresing rapidly and was noticable from the time we went down to the time we returned. We had 2 spare tires for the trailer and a full size spare for the truck and did not need them. We had a wonderful trip with no problems. Thanks to Ron for his pictures which were our inspiration. Do it!
dkirk is offline   Reply With Quote