2020 Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous - Aug 3rd - 6th - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19'er + 2018 Highlander
2020 Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous - Aug 3rd - 6th

The dates are set: The 8th annual Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous will be held August 3rd - 6th, 2020 at the Mogote Group Camp Site, in the Rio Grande National Forest about 14 miles west of Antonito, in south central Colorado.

As part of the 2020 event, since the north terminus of the Cumbres & Toltec narrow gauge railroad is in Antonito, if we have enough interest, we are hoping to reserve the train’s caboose for fun a day of sightseeing & lunch along the old railroad’s route.

Plan to come on up to the campground's 8,400' elevation and join a fun group of other fiberglass trailer owners in the cool Rocky Mountains in early August.

Head over to: www.RockyMtnEggRendezvous.com for more information & to sign up.
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Signed up
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Signed up. + the caboose!

Edit: just checked: 5 day out-of-state fishing license is about $41.75 with the required $10 Habitat stamp.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:16 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Greg,
Can you give us easterners some additional info about the campground which is closed due to high water and snow? No hook ups, water is available and there is one toilet for everyone to share? No other other bath facilities available, other than your camper? Sounds very rustic, is the water from the local stream and the one toilet is a pit toilet? Looks like a scenic place and the dates are good. Thanks for any additional information provided....
Old 09-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Risky Web Link!

Followed the posted link above but my antivirus software blocked the connection as being risky. Not sure what is up with the link but location of it shows up as being in the Cayman Islands. FYI.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:50 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
Followed the posted link above but my antivirus software blocked the connection as being risky. Not sure what is up with the link but location of it shows up as being in the Cayman Islands. FYI.
Hummm, my anti-virus didn't capture it and it's usually is right on top of bad links.

Try this one: https://sites.google.com/site/rockym...endezvous/home
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:03 PM   #7

Post#1 link worked for me...?
Old 09-10-2019, 05:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Greg,
Can you give us easterners some additional info about the campground which is closed due to high water and snow? No hook ups, water is available and there is one toilet for everyone to share? No other other bath facilities available, other than your camper? Sounds very rustic, is the water from the local stream and the one toilet is a pit toilet? Looks like a scenic place and the dates are good. Thanks for any additional information provided....
Jim: I've forward your thoughts to one of the other organizers who found the campground and will reply when he does to me. While closed for the season, I truly doubt the campground is currently closed due to high water or snow. Neither of which we currently have in Colorado. Since this CG is "off the beaten path", I'm pretty sure there are no hookups, no shower facilities (unless one wants to take a dip in the Conejoes River which runs right next to the campground) and perhaps from the point of view of an east coaster, "rustic". But maybe "rustic" can also be equated to: quiet, cool, scenic, and comfortable.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hummm, my anti-virus didn't capture it and it's usually is right on top of bad links.

Try this one: https://sites.google.com/site/rockym...endezvous/home
Donna: Hm... Since over the years, this is the first time I've had someone say the link from the Rendezvous URL to its actual Google site hasn't worked, I wonder if it had something to do with the gentleman's anti-malware software. Maybe it didn't like forwarded URL's? Looking at the actual Google site URL in my browser's address bar right now, it shows a locked pad-lock, an indication that Google sites uses SSL. Hm... One of the unanswered mysteries of life, I guess.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:49 PM   #10

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
The link with the Google address that Donna D. just posted worked just fine with no anti-virus warning Thanks Donna! As regards the campground, we live in northern NM and I can assure everyone that the campground is not presently flooded or snowed in! Ask me again after mid-October and you may get a different answer as that is a 200" of snow per Winter area. Good fly fishing in the Conejos River.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeBoulder View Post
Jim: I've forward your thoughts to one of the other organizers who found the campground and will reply when he does to me. While closed for the season, I truly doubt the campground is currently closed due to high water or snow. Neither of which we currently have in Colorado. Since this CG is "off the beaten path", I'm pretty sure there are no hookups, no shower facilities (unless one wants to take a dip in the Conejoes River which runs right next to the campground) and perhaps from the point of view of an east coaster, "rustic". But maybe "rustic" can also be equated to: quiet, cool, scenic, and comfortable.
I agree the more rustic the more quiet and interesting, but would like to explain to my better half what to expect.....
Old 09-10-2019, 06:25 PM   #12

Trailer: 2012 E19
Tell her to expect a cozy, comfortable Escape in a rustic setting!
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
It is a USFS campground near good fishing, so 'we don't need no hookups'! If we can do it w/a portapotty (17A), you'all can do it w/your new fangled bathrooms.

Actually, it's very typical of many, many USFS campgrounds throughout the mountain west. Welcome to frontier livin'!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:36 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Generally "water available" means there's a centrally located spigot for filling your jugs or onboard tank. (Typically you cannot connect a hose to these spigots.) I'm not familiar with this particular campground, but have stayed in other USFS campgrounds in the area.

Bring your own shower - either onboard or rig a sun shower. I'm not sure if there's a pay-shower in Antonito. Some area towns have 'em.