Bc fiberglass egg meetups 2016 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 "Bubbles"
Bc fiberglass egg meetups 2016

Anyone else going this year? I know that it is the same weekend as ETI rally but if you can't make that one you are welcome here. Last year we had around 40 trailers, Escape's, Bigfoot's, Scamps, Boler's etc some really interesting modifications, Classic Cars.
Bocci tournament, Pot luck, and good times.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BC-Gl...29154263830423
grantpallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Yup, we'll be there. The last couple of years we've tied in Osoyoss with departures North and South but we're not doing that this year. Haven't been to the "new" location. We've previously taken our Scamp to the Sons of Norway c.g.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:00 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
The Vancouver Island event in Nanaimo at the Living Forest Campground June 10-12. Joan and I will be there
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I would love to come, if it just wasn't the same darn weekend as the escape rally, which is always lots of fun too. I haven't been since 2009, when it was also in Fort Langley. It was the inaugural camping trip for our they new Escape 19.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:24 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
The Vancouver Island event in Nanaimo at the Living Forest Campground June 10-12. Joan and I will be there
Can you tell me more about this event. That's less than 10 minutes from where I live.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisetrucker View Post
Can you tell me more about this event. That's less than 10 minutes from where I live.
This is the information I received from the organizer:

June 10-12, BC: Vancouver Island Fiberglass Trailer Meet
at http://www.livingforest.com/

Our group is in the group site. On the map they are labeled G1 to G21. If the group site fills, they put you as close as they can. Just let them know that you are with Island Bolers and friends. They like to book G1 to G11 first (inner ring) and then the outer ring second.

Most people arrive on Friday, but some come a day or two before. They are not always able to be in the group site straight through, and have to move in on Friday.

Our agenda is Friday evening - casual
Saturday morning (10 is to noon ish) we tour trailers and then Sat evening at 6 p.m. is a potluck supper and costume judging. the theme for June is Mexican and it is completely optional.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
The BC Glass Egg meet at Fort Langley is only 3 weeks away.

Anyone else registered?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:21 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
This is the information I received from the organizer:

June 10-12, BC: Vancouver Island Fiberglass Trailer Meet
at http://www.livingforest.com/

Our group is in the group site. On the map they are labeled G1 to G21. If the group site fills, they put you as close as they can. Just let them know that you are with Island Bolers and friends. They like to book G1 to G11 first (inner ring) and then the outer ring second.

Most people arrive on Friday, but some come a day or two before. They are not always able to be in the group site straight through, and have to move in on Friday.

Our agenda is Friday evening - casual
Saturday morning (10 is to noon ish) we tour trailers and then Sat evening at 6 p.m. is a potluck supper and costume judging. the theme for June is Mexican and it is completely optional.
Ian,
We are also going to this rally after Osoyoos. Any idea what the rate for the ferry will be?

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog2673 View Post
Ian,
We are also going to this rally after Osoyoos. Any idea what the rate for the ferry will be?
I am not 100% sure, looking at their fare schedule I am guessing about $175, maybe we can get someone who has taken the ferry to comment.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:28 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 19' - "Tramper"
Our rig @ about 40' overall & two passengers was around $240.00 one way when we over in April.
lancenadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
http://www.bcferries.com/files/fares.../BCF_Fares.pdf

Victoria-Vancouver run:
car alone: $57
each adult: $20
each foot in length OVER 20': $6.50

(all numbers rounded for my typing convenience ... real numbers in PDF linked).
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:23 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I have ferries booked in July and August between Vancouver and Nanaimo for my FJ Cruiser and Escape 19. was about $220 Cdn each way.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:21 PM   #13

Yikes! I may have to look at "Plan B"...

...never had an Escape"
Old 05-29-2016, 12:52 PM   #14

Trailer: 2012 15A
Size Up The Savings | BC Ferries - British Columbia Ferry Services Inc.

BC Ferries web site shows a 50% discount for the additional length fare on selected routes June 1 to Sept 30.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #15

Thanks JohnB,

Checking it out

...never had an Escape"
Old 05-29-2016, 02:09 PM   #16

Trailer: 2012 15A
Vancouver Island (VI) is a very beautiful place to visit. Although an island, it is a very large land mass and you will not be able to see it all. The east coast is much more developed and the weather there is more predictable. The west coast is sparsely developed (mostly due to ruggedness and little access) and the weather is less predictable. The land between the two coast lines is very mountainous with peaks reaching 7,200 ft elevation. In addition there are a number of smaller islands, mostly off the east coast, that are developed and have unique lifestyles to each. They, unfortunately, also require an additional ferry fare to get to each one.

We just got back from a week on VI with time spent near Victoria for a family reunion and then camping at Long Beach area, on the west coast at Pacific Rim National Park.

There are numerous Provincial Parks camp grounds on VI and they are all spectacular to visit. Some are on the shoreline and some inland along rivers and lakes. I have no experience with private campgrounds on VI. VI does get very busy with tourists in the summer season and reservations are required/recommended. There is a Federal Park on the west coast, Pacific Rim, at Long Beach.

BC Parks - Province of British Columbia

The third photo in the included set was taken near Ucluelet on the west coast. There is a white dot on the water in front of the boat in the center of the photo. That was a whale spouting which we happened to spot as we were walking along the coast, before the whale watching boat showed up. We watched the whale for some time as it spouted and breached. The bottom photo was taken at Tofino.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6494r.JPG   IMG_6532r.JPG   P5250274r.JPG   P5260434r.JPG  
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #17

Enjoy the rally. We will have to leave this one for another time.

So many places...so little time!

...never had an Escape"
Old 05-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #18

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
I assume this discount is for CN citizens? I checked the site out and it indicates CN seniors, CN disabled, CN student, etc. The only appropriate box I could check was >12 yrs. Also, anything over 31' total length had to be reserved by calling 1-888-223-3779. Just an FYI.
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:40 AM   #19

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We hit the discount day when we picked up in Nov, but only drove out to see Victoria and didn't take the trailer. The discount was only going over and they said they couldn't give us the discount coming back. Got ya out there, how bad do you want to get back?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:29 PM   #20

Trailer: Airstream shopping for Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
I assume this discount is for CN citizens? I checked the site out and it indicates CN seniors, CN disabled, CN student, etc. The only appropriate box I could check was >12 yrs. Also, anything over 31' total length had to be reserved by calling 1-888-223-3779. Just an FYI.
The discount for passenger vehicles with trailers is for everyone regardless of nationality on selected sailings and times and from only a select number of loading ports.

You do not actually need to make reservations only that they are highly recommended!

"What is the Size Up The Savings promotion?

From Wednesday June 1 through Friday September 30, customers travelling with extra length private passenger vehicles longer than 20 feet can expect to receive a 50% discount per additional foot on select promotional sailings. The promotion is available on the following two routes only (both ways):

Metro Vancouver (Tsawwassen) - Victoria (Swartz Bay)
Metro Vancouver (Tsawwassen) - Nanaimo (Duke Point)
Check site for actual sailings that the discount is in effect.

How much will I save?

The regular price per additional foot (over 20 feet) is $6.50. The Size Up The Savings price is $3.25 per additional foot, therefore the promotion offers a savings of 50% or $3.25 per additional foot.

Why is BC Ferries offering this promotion?

The Size Up The Savings promotion provides customers a value choice when travelling with private passenger vehicles over 20 feet in length (e.g. a motorhome or a car pulling a trailer). Customers can choose to travel on select promotional sailings that traditionally have more capacity available with the benefit of attractive savings. .

Are reservations required?

Reservations are not required but due to the busy summer season, reservations are strongly recommended. Space on sailings is on a first-come first-serve basis.

To add certainty to travel plans, vehicle reservations can be made for a nominal fee. Reservations can be made up to 2.5 hours before scheduled sailing time, and regular reservation fees apply.

Reservations can be made at bcferries.com or by calling 1-888-BCFERRY.
Fiberglass Fan is offline   Reply With Quote