Camping at Bodega Dunes SP - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2016, 12:03 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I know nothing about cities in California There's this one coming up too:

13th Annual 2016 FiberglassRV Rally held on the weekend before Mother's Day weekend, Thursday, April 28th through Check‐Out Monday, May 2nd, 2016. Again, the Rally will be held at San Lorenzo Regional Park, which is located near King City, CA.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:33 AM   #22
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
1) I would like a rally in October in Nor Cal. Yes! October is an extension of summer!
2) I would attend a rally October 20-23. Yes--rainy season could begin, but never a deterrent.
3) I would attend but would prefer a different date: Other dates could be an option if necessary
4) I would prefer the rally at a state or regional park (no hookups but a park setting) We can do either, but hookups are our preference
5) I would prefer the rally at a private park (hookups but parking close together) We prefer hookups, but it isn't necessary.
6) I have a specific suggestion for a place: we like New Brighton Beach, but that is the only Northern California coastal campground were we stayed.
7) I would prefer a gathering with little organization (maybe a potluck) Yes - a potluck and campfire
8) I would prefer more activities. Not really, we may bring our kayaks if weather permits and if waterways are calm.
9) I would help organize the rally including activities. Of course!

We have never been to a rally; I haven't been to a large organized event since my girls were young--it would be fun to meet others, gather around a campfire and exchange stories.

Thanks for organizing!
[/QUOTE
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:16 PM   #23

Trailer: 5.0 TA hatched April 2017
Hi I am interested in seeing and rubbing elbows with Escape people. Might make a quick trip that way.
Terry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:18 PM   #24

Trailer: 5.0 TA hatched April 2017
I would be in a tent for now. Would I be able to pitch a tent (not for long) in the campgrounds?
Terry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:32 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Hawkinson View Post
I would be in a tent for now. Would I be able to pitch a tent (not for long) in the campgrounds?
Sure, it's a state park campground so tents would be welcome as well as trailers and RVs.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
6) I have a specific suggestion for a place: we like New Brighton Beach, but that is the only Northern California coastal campground were we stayed.
Wow, what a great suggestion. It is a state park with hookups at 10 sites. Campers could choose either hookups or not. The photos of the campsites look great, just what I expect at a state park campground. And you are on a bluff right above the beach.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:00 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
New Brighton is a VERY popular CG, especially on weekends. If that's the destination, dates need to be set, and folks wanting to go should be at their computers ready to reserve at the outer limit if the reservation window.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wray View Post
New Brighton is a VERY popular CG, especially on weekends. If that's the destination, dates need to be set, and folks wanting to go should be at their computers ready to reserve at the outer limit if the reservation window.

Bruce
I proposed a date of Oct 20-23 and have not gotten any negative responses yet. The soonest that reservations can be made for that time is April 1. I was waiting until we got a little closer to that date to send out more information. I have put April 1 and Oct 20-23 on my calendar and I suggest others do the same if they are interested in this fall meetup.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:57 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
I proposed a date of Oct 20-23 and have not gotten any negative responses yet. The soonest that reservations can be made for that time is April 1. I was waiting until we got a little closer to that date to send out more information. I have put April 1 and Oct 20-23 on my calendar and I suggest others do the same if they are interested in this fall meetup.
Another thought would be the weekend before, as that would be one week after the Fall NOG, and travelling folks could easier take in both if they wanted.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art M. View Post
We just made reservations for Feb. 26-29, 2016. We have a conflict for Thursday evening, so we arrive a day late, but extended one day longer.

There is still one campsite available. They allow pets at the campground, but not on the beach; however, when I specified a pet, they had no sites available, so I made a reservation without hitting the options button for pets. Hopefully, they won't object to our crippled miniature poodle.

We're looking forward to getting out camping again, and meeting other Escapists. A potluck on Saturday sounds good.

Art and Kathy
We are in site 45.
Bill and Jennifer
Old 02-28-2016, 05:12 PM   #31

Art, Kathy, Jennifer, and I met at Bodega Dunes campground over this weekend, and had a great time discussing all things Escape and more. We were joined for a few hours Saturday by a couple from Grass Valley, CA, (sorry, I don't remember your names, please let us know) who are thinking about an Escape 5.0 TA, so we showed our 19 and 21 and talked about options and thoughts. We look forward to more Bay Area get-togethers.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3977.jpg  
Old 02-28-2016, 06:21 PM   #32

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Looking Good Guys! The weather and the tide cooperated, and I know you all had a great time.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:02 AM   #33

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Keep us in the loop too. Aug thru mid Oct is clear. We do the Lake Casitas Rally in October and sailing the seas in Nov.

Greg
Old 03-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #34

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Another alternative for our October NorCal rally is Lake Solano county park near Winters. I have not been there, but the sites appear to be serene & spacious and on the creek which might even have water in it . Some have hookups, others don't. The good news about this park is that it might be easier for everyone to get to and certainly not as booked up as New Brighton Beach.

We hope to try it out probably in April and will post back here if there is any interest.

Lake Solano Park is located at the base of coastal foothills west of the town of Winters and offers an array of recreational opportunities. A destination point for outdoor enthusiasts since its creation in 1973, Lake Solano Park caters especially to campers, picnickers, kayakers, canoers and anglers. The park has a Nature Center and trail opportunities for short day hikes, bird watching and wildlife photography. Owned by the Bureau of Reclamation, Lake Solano is managed for public recreation by Solano County. More than 60,000 visitors a year enjoy a wealth of recreational activities both on and off the water. The lake is considered one of the best fly fishing spots in the Sacramento Valley. The County operates a campground with 58 campsites, many with water and electric hookups. There are restrooms with flush toilets, sinks and hot showers. The day use area has picnic sites, group picnic pads for rent, a free boat launch (non-motorized boats only), parking and restrooms. The picnic area is located directly east of the campground. To contact Lake Solano Park call (530) 795-2990; camping and picnic pad reservations may be made online (see "Online Park Reservations" at left).

NOTE: No glass bottles or dogs allowed in day use area.

Gracing the park are a number of plants and trees that have adapted successfully to this climatic region with black walnut, buckeye, toyon, willow, valley oak, live oak, grey pine and cottonwood trees abundant in the area. The lake is home to an amazingly diverse cross-section of animal life, where one can find anything from the tiniest insects to black tail deer. Reptiles native to the area include blue-belly fence lizards and harmless alligator lizards. Ground and tree squirrels, coyotes, raccoons, bobcats and gray foxes can all be found at Lake Solano Park. Birds nesting at Lake Solano include the scrub jay, quail, the acorn and Nuttall's Woodpecker, bushtits, sparrows and towhees. There is even a large winter population of European Widgeon that make the lake their winter home. Scenic excursions within a two-hour drive of the park include Lake Berryessa and the Napa Valley to the west, the Sacramento Valley and its open farmland to the east and the Delta waterways and the San Francisco Bay area to the south.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:38 PM   #35

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
This looks like a very interesting possibility. If we're available on the weekend set, we'd be in.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #36
P&L

All sites look inviting---our preference is the beach in October when the coastal fog lifts and summer appears. Let us know if Bodega Bay has morphed or if these are separate functions. We have put a place holder on our calendar for October 21-23.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #37

Our preference is also the beach in October. I have a question for all of you on the date. I originally proposed Oct 21-23. But someone said they would like to come to both this outing and the Lake Casitas rally which is this same weekend. I am willing to move this gathering by a week to make it work for more, if that is true. So now I am thinking Oct 14-16 at New Brighton State Beach in Capitola, CA. Reservations open April 1 for those date ranges. So here is the question, and I would appreciate a brief answer: Would you rather attend on Oct 14-16 or Oct 21-23?
Old 03-07-2016, 08:08 PM   #38

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Naturally, we would vote for New Brighton ... just down the road ;-) But we're up for anything. October is a beautiful month to camp in CA.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:23 PM   #39

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
There's also Seacliff State Beach (35 sites, right on the beach but it is like a parking lot and is always full) and the Santa Cruz/Monterey KOA which is not on the beach but still, very nice.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:34 PM   #40
P&L

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
So here is the question, and I would appreciate a brief answer: Would you rather attend on Oct 14-16 or Oct 21-23?
Either weekend works for us.