Camping at Bodega Dunes SP - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I know nothing about cities in California There's this one coming up too:

13th Annual 2016 FiberglassRV Rally held on the weekend before Mother's Day weekend, Thursday, April 28th through Check‐Out Monday, May 2nd, 2016. Again, the Rally will be held at San Lorenzo Regional Park, which is located near King City, CA.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:33 AM   #22
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
1) I would like a rally in October in Nor Cal. Yes! October is an extension of summer!
2) I would attend a rally October 20-23. Yes--rainy season could begin, but never a deterrent.
3) I would attend but would prefer a different date: Other dates could be an option if necessary
4) I would prefer the rally at a state or regional park (no hookups but a park setting) We can do either, but hookups are our preference
5) I would prefer the rally at a private park (hookups but parking close together) We prefer hookups, but it isn't necessary.
6) I have a specific suggestion for a place: we like New Brighton Beach, but that is the only Northern California coastal campground were we stayed.
7) I would prefer a gathering with little organization (maybe a potluck) Yes - a potluck and campfire
8) I would prefer more activities. Not really, we may bring our kayaks if weather permits and if waterways are calm.
9) I would help organize the rally including activities. Of course!

We have never been to a rally; I haven't been to a large organized event since my girls were young--it would be fun to meet others, gather around a campfire and exchange stories.

Thanks for organizing!
[/QUOTE

Old 02-17-2016, 12:16 AM   #23

Trailer: 5.0 TA newly hatched April 2017
Hi I am interested in seeing and rubbing elbows with Escape people. Might make a quick trip that way.
Terry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:18 AM   #24

Trailer: 5.0 TA newly hatched April 2017
I would be in a tent for now. Would I be able to pitch a tent (not for long) in the campgrounds?
Terry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Hawkinson View Post
I would be in a tent for now. Would I be able to pitch a tent (not for long) in the campgrounds?
Sure, it's a state park campground so tents would be welcome as well as trailers and RVs.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
6) I have a specific suggestion for a place: we like New Brighton Beach, but that is the only Northern California coastal campground were we stayed.
Wow, what a great suggestion. It is a state park with hookups at 10 sites. Campers could choose either hookups or not. The photos of the campsites look great, just what I expect at a state park campground. And you are on a bluff right above the beach.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:00 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
New Brighton is a VERY popular CG, especially on weekends. If that's the destination, dates need to be set, and folks wanting to go should be at their computers ready to reserve at the outer limit if the reservation window.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wray View Post
New Brighton is a VERY popular CG, especially on weekends. If that's the destination, dates need to be set, and folks wanting to go should be at their computers ready to reserve at the outer limit if the reservation window.

Bruce
I proposed a date of Oct 20-23 and have not gotten any negative responses yet. The soonest that reservations can be made for that time is April 1. I was waiting until we got a little closer to that date to send out more information. I have put April 1 and Oct 20-23 on my calendar and I suggest others do the same if they are interested in this fall meetup.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:57 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
I proposed a date of Oct 20-23 and have not gotten any negative responses yet. The soonest that reservations can be made for that time is April 1. I was waiting until we got a little closer to that date to send out more information. I have put April 1 and Oct 20-23 on my calendar and I suggest others do the same if they are interested in this fall meetup.
Another thought would be the weekend before, as that would be one week after the Fall NOG, and travelling folks could easier take in both if they wanted.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art M. View Post
We just made reservations for Feb. 26-29, 2016. We have a conflict for Thursday evening, so we arrive a day late, but extended one day longer.

There is still one campsite available. They allow pets at the campground, but not on the beach; however, when I specified a pet, they had no sites available, so I made a reservation without hitting the options button for pets. Hopefully, they won't object to our crippled miniature poodle.

We're looking forward to getting out camping again, and meeting other Escapists. A potluck on Saturday sounds good.

Art and Kathy
We are in site 45.
Bill and Jennifer