Fall Alberta Omelette Sept 11-14, 2014 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
Fall Alberta Omelette Sept 11-14, 2014

We are having the fall group at Burbank Campground in Blackfalds, Alberta September 11 to 14, 2014.

When you come in the campground, you register with us, not the campground.
The cost is 30 per night (cash please, as you are paying us, not the campground)

There are limited power hookups. (bring extension cords as we will have to share power)
We have the use of the hall for our pot luck dinner on Saturday night.
We will have a group fire after dinner on Saturday, please bring wood to support the cause.
Some people do bring musical instruments and play around the fire…all are welcome.
Below are links you our Facebook page as well as Burbank’s FB page...
Hope to see you there!

Craig & Darla Black
mortcd@shaw.ca
https://www.facebook.com/BurbankParkCampground
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Am I right to assume this is a fibreglass rally?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
That's right Jim, any and all molded fiberglass trailers are welcome.
This event is a very relaxing way to wrap up the season and say goodbye to good camping friends until next year. Last year a Casita or 2 showed up in addition to the usual group of boler's, Trillium, Scamp, Bigfoot, ... I don't think we have ever had an Escape trailer attend.

Do note that this event is closer to boondocking, limited power but there appears to be flush washrooms and coin showers. The area is a group site so depending how many come we may have to "squeeze" trailers in, this makes for a very fun time
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Unfortunately, I have a memorial service to attend on the 12th, so can't make it, otherwise I certainly would go. A good excuse to stop in Red Deer and visit my 3 grandkids too.

BUT!!!! The end to camping? Heck, I am doing a 4 night canoe trip the following weekend, and we always keep using the trailer at least until Thanksgiving.

Boondocking is no issue to me at all, as 90% of my camping is off grid. The last couple years, the Escape Rally is the only place I had hookups. Didn't really want them there, but there was no option, short of not staying with the group.

Being squeezed in with a social crowd is no issue with me. Last weekend we camped at the Roots and Blues Festival in Salmon Arm, and we were quite tight in there, but everyone was there for the same reasons, so all was just fine.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote