Inyan 2019 – A South Dakota Rally - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2019, 08:44 AM   #21

Trailer: 2007 Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Help me understand why a rally would relocate during the rally time period?...

This rally will not appeal to everyone with a travel trailer.

It is designed for those who want to explore the Black Hills and know how to advantageously plan to have a nearby camp for minimal day driving.

It’s also designed to take advantage of having a home on wheels. We’re not putting up fences and cutting lawns; this rally is for those who want to maximize our week to explore the multitude of nearby attractions, and to experience the variety that SD offers, including campgrounds.

If road-weariness is a concern, people have the option of arriving earlier and staying later.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:39 PM   #22

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I just registered and put in a reservation request for the second campground. I've discovered I'm not much of a rally person, but thought I'd try this one out as I was thinking of heading back that way (and points farther east) this time of year anyway. And I definitely want to explore that neck of the woods far more than I did last summer.

I'm a bit confused on the first campground, though. It says you can't register more than 90 days in advance, but notification will be sent 120 in advance with information on registering. Does that mean we'll be able to register ahead of the 90 days? I can just see the place being wadded full of folks arriving earlier than the rally start date.

BTW, LOVE the horse logo for this rally! Just stunning and then some. Wow!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:17 PM   #23

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
We will have to miss 2019, Jeannine as we have a previous commitment. We are hoping there will be a 2020 Inyan though, as South Dakota is in our plans. Host another great Rally and Safe Travels!

Cheers!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
...I'm a bit confused on the first campground, though. It says you can't register more than 90 days in advance, but notification will be sent 120 in advance with information on registering....

BTW, LOVE the horse logo for this rally! Just stunning and then some. Wow!
Firstly, welcome in joining us and great to hear you're expanding more into rallies! South Dakota only gives you a 3-month window to book a reservation.

Registered participants will get all the information you'll need to know 4 months in advance regarding this campground, so you'll have time to set up an account and book earlier than Aug 25th if you wish. With the dates we're booking and a trailer limitation for the rally, this shouldn't be a problem.

I'm flattered to hear you love the logo! It took me some time to bring my vision into an image that I felt represented this event. Participants will tangibly have this image to roll away with.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:23 PM   #25

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
... With the dates we're booking and a trailer limitation for the rally, this shouldn't be a problem.

I'm flattered to hear you love the logo! It took me some time to bring my vision into an image that I felt represented this event. Participants will tangibly have this image to roll away with.

Yay on getting something with that stunning logo!!! (And if anyone doesn't want theirs, I'll rip it out of your hands! HA!)

Trailer limitations? Size, quantity, or ??

Didn't know SD State parks had a 3 month window. I'm used to OR State parks which is 9 months (don't know on WA and I live there!). When I went through there last summer, I stayed at a KOA in Sioux Falls and then a friend's place in Wall.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:04 PM   #26

Trailer limit is strictly quantity. All sizes/kinds are welcome.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
We will have to miss 2019, Jeannine as we have a previous commitment. We are hoping there will be a 2020 Inyan though, as South Dakota is in our plans. Host another great Rally and Safe Travels!

Cheers!

Hi Steve and Debbie,
Wonderful to hear you're interested in visiting my home state. I can't say I'll do another SD rally in a few years after Inyan, but I plan to leave all the links and travel tools on the rally website as a resource to everyone.

I try to do that with every rally website that RV Compass manages.

Wishing you safe travels in return, and I always enjoy hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Jeannine
Old 01-23-2019, 10:54 AM   #28

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Just registered for the rally and for the Rush no more campground.

Laura, Dirk, and the cats, looking forward to meeting you
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Just registered for the rally and for the Rush no more campground.

Laura, Dirk, and the cats, looking forward to meeting you

However, it'll be sans Dirk as he's still working and can't take a month or more off work. Not sure which cat I want to take, if I take one. Gonna try them one by one on small trips. Still very worried they'll escape out the door and never come back.

I'm hoping to visit friends farther east and then hit the buffalo round up at Custer SP the end of Sept on the way home. Won't that be cool!?
Old 01-23-2019, 05:18 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
People who travel with pets should always have them microchipped with the owner's cell phone info in case the pet does escape from the Escape.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:03 PM   #31

Quote:
People who travel with pets should always have them microchipped with the owner's cell phone info in case the pet does escape from the Escape.

I've always microchipped my cats, even before the thought of a travel trailer came along.

I recently adopted Jasper, a solid black cat, who was scared and on his own. A gal in the neighborhood swore up and down I was stealing her cat, even though she publicly stated her ferals were female, one with a clipped ear and another with white. I had already publicly stated (on NextDoor site) that it was an unneutered male. She was threatening to call the police, animal control and all sorts of things. It was outright harassment, to put it mildly. He wasn't chipped. Getting chipped is another way of proving it's your pet. (He's now fixed and chipped.)
Old 01-24-2019, 05:34 AM   #32

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
All of my pets are microchipped, but the emphasis is on the current cell phone vs land line information being current. Some of my micro's are close to 10 years and my cell phone has changed over that period....just a reminder to update the chip.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:35 PM   #33

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
All of my pets are microchipped,
"and all my ex's live in Texas."
Sorry had to.....
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:00 PM   #34

Only Two Weeks Left!

During the last weekend of April we’ll be sending all registered Inyan participants an email with the details to set up an account and register for the first campground, located on the south end of the Black Hills.

That email is about two weeks away.

If you want to join us please go to the rally Website to register and get more information. http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html
Participants have already been making reservations at Rush No More RV Resort and Campground, our 2nd location for the rally.

When we shift to our north camp on Wednesday, Aug. 28th, Rush No More Campground will have the food hot, beer garden open and from 6:30-8:30 or 9pm, we’ll be greeted by a local acoustical music jam session at the beer garden.

For those still on the fence, we’ll publicly announce reservations for the 1st campground in the 3-month reservation window (end of May) for the first day of the event (August 25th). Want in early and to stay in the loop? Then register by April 26th!

We’re continuing to develop events and will have the official schedule about 1 month prior to the rally. See the website for further information and area attraction links.
http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/index.html
Old 04-25-2019, 03:10 PM   #35

Last Day

Today is the last day to sign-up for advanced registration details for the Aug 25-28 campground. http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html
There are 2 campgrounds to register for, we’re a rolling rally.

Details made public at the end of May for the 1st campground.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #36

reservation window now open

The SD state park reservation window is now open for rally dates, and you can come early if desired. Note that most sites fill up in Angostura Recreation Area within a week of their reservation opening, so we encourage you to sign up ASAP.

To attend the event, register with Inyan ($25 rig fee) and receive further reservation details: Register Here

If you have not made reservations yet for the second half of the rally, then please refer to the Inyan Website on how to book with Rush-No-More RV Resort.
http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html

The schedule of events will be emailed to registrants about a month before the rally. Please check out the resourceful links our website to help you plan a monumental South Dakota visit!
Old 07-07-2019, 11:41 PM   #37

Itinerary Input Requested

If you signed up for Inyan, then you should have received an email today with a link to a checklist form to let us know what your interests are.

We're currently compiling the rally itinerary, and we'll have an information-packed event!

If you haven't registered yet, it's not too late. A few sites are still open in the first lakefront campground, and the second campground, Rush-No-More RV Resort, still has several sites, musicians and a beer garden waiting our arrival. Sign up for the rally and get the current details!

Rally Website: http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html
Old 07-22-2019, 02:59 PM   #38

Last Week to sign-up for rally

On July 29th the registration will close for Inyan. If you’re interested in attending this remarkable rally, please register on the rally website by Sunday, July 28th.

http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html

The schedule of events will follow for participants after registration closes.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:45 AM   #39

Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Custer State Park

Be a part of the South Dakota Game, Fish & Parks 100 years of outdoor traditions and celebrations!

Only during the Inyan Rally weekend, The Black Hills Playhouse and Black Hills Energy, in association with TigerLion Arts, presents Nature, an outdoor walking play celebrating the dynamic connection between humanity and the natural world in five performances from Thursday, August 29 through Sunday, September 1.

Learn more about this once-in-a-lifetime event: https://www.blackhillsplayhouse.com/nature
Old 08-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #40

Exciting News!

For those of you who are arriving at least a day early for Inyan, you’ll be here for a major festival just a few miles up the road from the campground. It’s the annual Fall River Hot Air Balloon Festival. The aerial show of balloons, gliders, skydivers will be at the nearby airport, and a full weekend of fun activities are planned in downtown Hot Springs!

Learn more about the event: https://www.fallriverballoonfest.com/

Get the full event schedule here:
https://www.fallriverballoonfest.com/schedule

More about the town of Hot Springs:
Hot Springs, SD - Soak in Hot Springs

I’ll be on the road starting Wednesday, August 14th, so Internet access will be infrequent at best. I’ll see Inyan attendees soon and will be back online around the first week of September.