Maryhill in May 2017 - 5/19-22 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2017, 07:43 PM   #21

Trailer: Feb 2017 5.0TA "Cackleberry" - 2016 Chevy Silverado
Thanks Tom for finding that I did check out the one from ACE and the 9.1" didn't fit-even the rounded bottom wouldn't fit. This looks to fit the bill
Larry & Judy
jensworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:30 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
To anyone who has not been to this area, you are in for a treat. We lived in WA State for many years, and Maryhill was one of our favorite destinations. The Maryhill Museum of Art is a must see, they have an incredible collection of indian artifacts. Also, who doesn't want to see another Stonehenge look a like? I make sure I see all of them. Columbia River gorge is another highlight. And you are east of the mountains, which usually means warmer and a lot drier.

When we lived in the Seattle area, any chance we got to go to the other side of the mountains was a welcome break from the rain.
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #23

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Just catching up on the forums….
As of right now, site 4 (nice site) is the only spot available for the Maryhill in May weekend, but that can change… also as someone mentioned Peach Beach resort has gotten good reviews and is a short walk/bike/drive from where we gather.
I’ve counted 17 groups admitting to coming, but traditionally we pick up a few that are shy about signing up along with some friends & family – should be a nice sized gathering around the Maryhill fire pit.

I’ll post a list of who (I know) is coming later…
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #24

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I'm hoping to get my nephew and his family down to camp on my site. Still deciding whether to stay east of the mountains for the week following.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #25

Talked myself into site 4. We'll add Maryhill to our Seattle trip route.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:05 PM   #26

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBill View Post
Hee, hee, hee - I laughed when I read this. I was imagining you saying "should I or shouldn't I?" over and over again. "Oh, what the heck, let's go for it".

that's quite a trip from NC! Stay safe!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBill View Post
Pretty sure you'll take the prize for longest distance traveled to Maryhill Bill
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:47 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Pretty sure you'll take the prize for longest distance traveled to Maryhill Bill
By Maryhill we will be on the way home. Our furthest point will be Dungeness Spit County Park outside Sequim, WA
Old 04-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #29

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Not coming to the rally

I won't be coming to this rally. I have spot #16 reserved. Total booking fee was $88.00. Reserved for two nights, arriving on Friday May 19th and leaving on Sunday the 21st.

I don't know if I'm able to transfer this reservation to someone else. I'm new to this booking of sites and all that.

If I'm able to and you want this site, please email me at laurap@UnderKittySupervision.com

If I don't hear from anyone in the next few days I'll just cancel it. You can always paypal me the fee. I don't know if there's a fee to transfer it to someone else - if so, that would need to be covered as well. Anyway, email me and we'll go from there.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #30

cancelling my reservation

In a few minutes I'm cancelling my reservation for this rally. I also posted about not being able to come on the Fiberglass RV forum, as well as emailing a person that was looking for a site. Didn't get a response either way. I want my refund, so will contact the WA Parks folks.

I hope everyone has a good time there!
Old 04-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #31

WELL!!! They charge 40 bucks just to cancel the reservation!?!??!?!?!

So, will hang on to it for longer to see if someone wants it and will pay me in full.

Jeez Louise, that's an awful lot of money. Makes me not want to reserve with the WA State Parks ever again.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #32
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
WELL!!! They charge 40 bucks just to cancel the reservation!?!??!?!?!

So, will hang on to it for longer to see if someone wants it and will pay me in full.

Jeez Louise, that's an awful lot of money. Makes me not want to reserve with the WA State Parks ever again.
Did you call? Maybe transfer the reservation to a different date and a different park? I'm just about price out of camping in Washington, because I'm not a resident.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:58 PM   #33

Yes, I did call. I thought it was a mistake but she said since I booked so long ago I was getting charged the maximum amount for a cancellation. I told her my options for future use was basically to see if anything was available when I pulled up or not stay in WA State Parks at all. I told her I'd be going with the second option and did the same when I filled out the comments form.

She said they have that policy so people won't book a big block of time and then make changes at the last minute. She kept saying it was due to me booking so long ago. So, super penalty by booking way in advance and then something coming up much closer to the time.

I had hoped by calling and explaining the situation, that 50% fee would be waived, but nope. I told her I only get changed $8 to change a reservation in Oregon State Parks.

I really hope someone will want this reservation. She said there's a $10 fee to change it to someone else's name, but there are ways around it that I won't go into detail here, but will if someone emails me and wants it.

Very, very annoyed and frustrated here about the whole thing. It's absolutely crazy to get charged a 50% fee for cancelling.

Someone on the Fiberglass Forum said they wanted a spot, but I've not heard back, even after emailing and PMing that person. If anyone knows of someone that wants a spot there, please contact me! Thanks

So, you have to pay way more if you don't live in WA State? That's kind of a ripoff, if you ask me. We should be encouraged people to visit the state, not keeping them away. Nor will I be booking a WA State Park again.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:10 PM   #34

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I like the way Oregon does it better. The deal is, people often make reservations for the full window so, for example, if you want July 3 and 4 you can book starting ten days before July 4. Then what they do is cancel the unused days later. Well, with no penalty, they cancelled them at the last minute. Now, if you do that, you can cancel 30 days later for a 5% penalty, and it gradually goes up as you hold them longer. People still do it but now they don't hold them as long as they used to, and pay a monetary penalty for doing it and for the change.

I believe what Oregon does now is only penalize those who shorten their stay by dropping off days- not people who actually have to cancel for valid reasons. So you can drop your whole reservation but you can't keep July 3 and 4.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #35
Site Team

Washington State has a non-resident fee. Oregon State Parks do not. Y'all COME. The last time I booked a WA park was almost three years ago. I reserved to stay at the Wenatchee Confluence State Park... one night and three days later another night. ONE check out. I was charged twice for being a non-resident of the State of Washington. That did it for me. I paid $16 extra on ONE check out for a premier site (out of season). Done.

In Oregon, we support our parks through lottery dollars. Come to Oregon and gamble and we don't care were you live. Enjoy your time while you're here... we won't charge you more because you don't live in Oregon.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:44 PM   #36

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Oregon, Washington, California

Hi Donna:
You are a good ambassador for Oregon State parks. I've stayed in a lot of campgrounds out west. We carefully assess our route, pick places to stay that we feel are reasonably priced in areas we want to experience. If we feel the prices are excessive we find an alternative site. From my professional experience with reservations such as pavilions, golf tee times, sports fields etc. I can tell you that some people will game you any way they can. In the dead of winter there are Park training institutes and revenue resources schools. Smart people who are proud to share reservation procedures they have developed keep up with the abusers. Collateral damage is the innocent people who get accidentally painted with anti scammer paint. Then we all go to the bar and tell lies that start out "I had this one tool who............"
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #37
Site Team

Dave I'm confused. I'm not ambassador for Oregon State parks. I live here. I welcome tourists that want to enjoy my home state. We just don't charge you more for your time to visit and camp in our state parks... versus other "close by" states. That was the my only point.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #38

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I understand and your accounts of the fun and beauty to be experienced are always encouraging. We stayed at Nehalem and Honeyman last summer. Both were real nice
And reasonable.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #39

Good news!

I've connected with Barbara off the Fiberglass RV forum and will talk to her tomorrow about getting the reservation switched over to her.

YAY! Happy dance and all that!

Still peeved that the parks system wanted so much money to cancel.

Oh, she never got my first email, so I'm glad I sent her another one today. Whew!
Old 05-01-2017, 02:17 PM   #40

May Day update - Maryhill in May 2017.

We will be in site 50 May 17 - 22. Please stop by when you get in to say ‘hi’ so we know how many to expect for the fun….

Norma and Paul will host a campfire Friday evening at site 50.
If you wish, bring your hot dogs & buns to cook on the fire for dinner. Cook fire will be ready around 5:00. I’ll have a small gas grill available as well. There will be chips and condiments provided.

Saturday evening at 6:00 will be a potluck dinner at site 50. Bring your favorite dish, silverware/plate. The fabulous prizes will follow dinner.

Extended forecast looks pretty good - not too windy....

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Maryhill !

Here is the roster (as I know it...):
site
1 Jim B
4 Judy & Bill K
6 Judy & Larry
8 Ginger
16 Barbara B ??
17 Teresa & Don
27 Barb & Alan
31 Sooz & Doug
36 Kai’s Sister
37 Kathleen & Paul