MINI GATHERING IN MOAB - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #1

MINI GATHERING IN MOAB

Does two Escapes count as a gathering? I was camped in Moab, Utah for most of May and on coming back to camp one evening I thought someone had moved my trailer. As I got closer I realized another Escape had moved in next to me. From the back it looked exactly like mine but a side view revealed a 5.0 Fifth Wheel rig. I introduced myself and found out they were Ken and Diana from Calgary on an extended trip through the southwest. We shared a few meals and campfires and a bit of storytelling. They were a very nice couple who I would hope to meet again somewhere.

Truthfully that was only the second Escape I have seen in all my travels, other than my visit to the factory. Last year I saw one going the other way on an interstate somewhere in Colorado. Where are all the Escapes hiding?

Alan (Aka Ace)
Ace Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Re: MINI GATHERING IN MOAB

Hi: Ace Brown... Sounds like Ken& Diana are really get'n accquainted with their 5.0!!! How lucky for you to be able to swap stories with them.
We saw an Escape 17 on the 401 Hwy. in Ontario in May. First on the road sighting for us too. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B

Uh, that would make 2 Escape 17's (your sighting on Hwy 401 and Cafe Egg) on Ontario's roads in May, 2 19's (Bob's and Paul's), and 1 5th (yours) that I know of....
Old 06-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: gharms... If you count them all there's 2 other 5.0's in Ontario... 1 13'er 1 19'er and several 17'ers why there's an early years 03 or 05 17'er just across town from us!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:21 AM   #5

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT

Hi All - yes we too were surprised as we pulled into the campground looking for the best site (of course ) and there it was another ESCAPE trailer. I could not believe it as we had some difficulty finding a place to camp in Moab. We could have camped in the private operators sardine spots but that did not appeal to us. So we got some info from the desk at the Arches info center and went up to Sand Flats area and we were glad we did. Met Alan and his dog Kyla and had lots of visits and Alan was gracious to take us for 4 wheel ride on Fins and Things, thanks Alan we really did enjoy the ride. We can only say that if you want to have some nice weather and lots to see and do, then go there, we will be going back for sure as we still want to do the La Sal mountaindrive and a few other things. Love the cheap beer also, 30 cans for $16.00 bucks, can't beat that EH!!!!

Thanks again, Alan for your hospitality..

Ken, Diana and Katie
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #6

Ken and Diana,

Good to see you found my post and here I am replying back many months later. Just don't get on here often enough. I will be watching for your rig next summer in my travels and hope we run into each other again.

Alan
Ace Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #7

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT

Hi Alan - nice to hear from you. We are planning on a trip to the Maritimes next May, probably will be gone for 2-3 months.
We really loved the Moab area, and definately plan on going back for a longer visit next time as we are both retired now and have way more time. We plan on returning from the Maritimes via the northern U.S. states, may be we will run into you there somewhere. We looked at the Black Canyon of the Gunnissons brochure and yes that is on our to do list also.

We will watch out for you on our travels. If you are ever planning on a trip up north, please contact us we could set something up, there are some great Glacier roads to travel up here.

Hope you have a great 2011..

Ken and Diana
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote