Interview with hikingcamping.com - Authors of BC guidebooks - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Media Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
PGDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Alberta, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 1,438
Re: Interview with hikingcamping.com - Authors of BC guidebooks

"No I don't think that at all.. this is an open forum and we pride ourselves with having different opinions. I think people get passionate at times.."
Quote by JeffZ

Thanks Jeff, well said. Its nice to know that we can all have a differing opinion... its sad to see people getting attacked for having one.

Doug
__________________

__________________
Doug & Eileen
2015 Escape 5.0TA
2015 GMC Sierra Crew 4X4 6.2 8 speed
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ,, Oklahoma
Trailer: 17B 2017
Posts: 749
Re: Interview with hikingcamping.com - Authors of BC guidebooks

shanngord, controversy can be very good for a company. Like the famous quote, controversy is another word for marketing.
__________________

gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 5,291
Re: Interview with hikingcamping.com - Authors of BC guidebooks

Hi: All... The salesmans job starts when the customer says NO!!! I say also that everyone is entitled to my opinion. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,934
Re: Interview with hikingcamping.com - Authors of BC guidebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieEscape
Jeff, I enjoyed listening to them personally, and liked their openness on being "opinionated" about which trails have more character/interest. That's the kind of info I appreciate when I don't have a whole bunch of time to hike all the trails, and have to decide which one. That they are opinionated about TT's shouldn't bother us, it's their opinion, not fact. I'm definitely going to get their Utah trails book, so when we get out there again, in our wonderful HokieEscape, we can enjoy their "trail opinion", and chuckle at their "other" opinions (probably about many more things than just TT's.....I'd imagine.... as they would about us....my Jan and I often remark that we think we're probably the only 2 really NORMAL people out there anyway <kidding of course...don't anyone take us on here> ). But frankly, I don't think their opinion on Airstreams and Escapes are gonna hurt Escape Industries at all....nope, not one bit.
PS: If I ever get up to Calgary (Western Canada) or the Yukon, I'm gonna get Jim and Doug to tell me "where to go" (in a nice way please...I'm dying to go canoeing with Jim and fire a big Winchester with Doug).
Well said, Dan. Pretty much how I feel on the issue too.
I would be honoured to take you canoeing when you make it out this way.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 195
Re: Interview with hikingcamping.com - Authors of BC guidebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp
shanngord, controversy can be very good for a company. Like the famous quote, controversy is another word for marketing.
Its nice to have friends. My point stands: in all the internet research that I did on fiberglass rvs which finally led us to Escape theirs was the only negative opinion that I could find on Escape RVs on the entire web. And they where quite adament about it comparing a 1700 pound Escape 15b with a 4500 pound Airstream.

This is not new to me: I had some e-mail correspondence with them in the past so they are familiar with my opinion and I with theirs.

Enough already - mighty Christian of ya' Jeff, turnin' the other cheek and all!
__________________
Gord &amp; Shannon
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4
2011 17B&nbsp;&nbsp; &#39;Ping
shanngord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:15 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 195
Re: Interview with hikingcamping.com - Authors of BC guidebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene We
Does this mean if you have a negative comment about an Escape product, you are not supposed to post it on this forum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Priestley
"No I don't think that at all.. this is an open forum and we pride ourselves with having different opinions. I think people get passionate at times.."
Quote by JeffZ

Thanks Jeff, well said. Its nice to know that we can all have a differing opinion... its sad to see people getting attacked for having one.

Doug
I really hope that Doug does not think that I am the one "attacking" copeland's for their "differing opinion".

This forum may be an appropriate place to voice an opinion of the product. I do not believe that a quasi-commercial blog site is an appropriate place to negatively slam a product unless you as the author have a bone to pick with the particular company.

From copeland's blog, and my correspondance with them, I believe that Escape trailers has done them no disservice. They like their Airstream, but chose to discredit another product in their zeal to sell more books.
__________________
Gord &amp; Shannon
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4
2011 17B&nbsp;&nbsp; &#39;Ping
shanngord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ,, Oklahoma
Trailer: 17B 2017
Posts: 749
Re: Interview with hikingcamping.com - Authors of BC guidebooks

Here is a review you might have missed at the bottom here, cheers http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...g/1/page/2.cfm
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
PGDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Alberta, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 1,438
Re: Interview with hikingcamping.com - Authors of BC guidebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanngord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene We
Does this mean if you have a negative comment about an Escape product, you are not supposed to post it on this forum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Priestley
"No I don't think that at all.. this is an open forum and we pride ourselves with having different opinions. I think people get passionate at times.."
Quote by JeffZ

Thanks Jeff, well said. Its nice to know that we can all have a differing opinion... its sad to see people getting attacked for having one.

Doug
I really hope that Doug does not think that I am the one "attacking" copeland's for their "differing opinion".

This forum may be an appropriate place to voice an opinion of the product. I do not believe that a quasi-commercial blog site is an appropriate place to negatively slam a product unless you as the author have a bone to pick with the particular company.

From copeland's blog, and my correspondance with them, I believe that Escape trailers has done them no disservice. They like their Airstream, but chose to discredit another product in their zeal to sell more books.
I don't, and by the way I think everyone here knows who makes the best trailers.
Jeff we need a "Favorite Trailer Manufacturer" poll....
__________________
Doug & Eileen
2015 Escape 5.0TA
2015 GMC Sierra Crew 4X4 6.2 8 speed
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 195
Re: Interview with hikingcamping.com - Authors of BC guidebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanngord

There are other campground and trail guides that are $$$ better spent.


I picked up a copy of the 4th edition of "Camp Free in BC". I stand corrected

I have read a lot of guide books on various locations - this one is probably the best I've seen.

I paid $2 for it at ValueVillage.

G
__________________

__________________
Gord &amp; Shannon
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4
2011 17B&nbsp;&nbsp; &#39;Ping
shanngord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.