15' Escape Update - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #41

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I figure that since these little guys are going extinct, my son won't have any trouble whatsoever selling it from my estate. Maybe it'll be worth $100k by then.
By that time, what with global warming, people will all be buying houseboats.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #42

Trailer: not yet
Those would have to be ocean going houseboats...what with the drought and all.

LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:35 PM   #43

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
We had planned on the 15B , however when we viewed a 15 A locally changed our minds because of the space . The little dinet is great for two on those cold morning of shoulder season ....... breakfast in . It is quite spacious - the portable toilet works fine for us, really only use it if needed over night and easy to clean . We are so very pleased with our "li'l Gem " Would not change a thing ...
Old 02-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
Karen, or other 15a owners: if you had to do it all over again, would you consider the 15b?

Did you order the little portable Thetford and have the under seat storage door put in ( ETI's $200 option for this)?
No and no.

Edited: I did have the door put in for (I think) $60 but have no portable anything.
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Quote:
Karen, or other 15a owners: if you had to do it all over again, would you consider the 15b?

Did you order the little portable Thetford and have the under seat storage door put in ( ETI's $200 option for this)?
Leonard,
We are soon-to-be 17A owners, and we have a porta-potty, so ETI will just be installing the door with the under bed storage spot (it's to the right of the door as you face the trailer from outside.).
It all depends on lifestyle and use.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #46

Trailer: not yet
Thanks for the answers concerning the "porta-potty vs. giving up the space" aspect of life in a smaller Escape.

One of the chief reasons my wife was interested in a little camping trailer was that she attends music camps, often tenting, and the supplied "johnny-on-the-spot" (s) simply get...gross...especially if the folks are drinking and playing all night long. So, the camper would have to shield her from the noise of such goings on (after she has finally left such goings on herself, of course!) and would also have to be able to provide her with a cleaner bathroom experience.
Maybe we should just go buy a porta-potty and see if that works for her...as a test, it might help us make up our minds quicker.
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #47

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Thanks for the answers concerning the "porta-potty vs. giving up the space" aspect of life in a smaller Escape.

One of the chief reasons my wife was interested in a little camping trailer was that she attends music camps, often tenting, and the supplied "johnny-on-the-spot" (s) simply get...gross...especially if the folks are drinking and playing all night long. So, the camper would have to shield her from the noise of such goings on (after she has finally left such goings on herself, of course!) and would also have to be able to provide her with a cleaner bathroom experience.
Maybe we should just go buy a porta-potty and see if that works for her...as a test, it might help us make up our minds quicker.
If a bathroom isn't a priority for you I think the 17a is a wonderful unit. You get a permanent bed AND a 4 person dinette, a good size kitchen and wardrobe. Large amount of interior space for such a small trailer.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #48

Trailer: Escape 17B (2014)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLNM View Post
Does anyone know how many of each model have been manufactured?
It would be great if the Owners Map would provide this information, but it's obviously incomplete. Only thirteen Escape 15 trailers are identified.

-Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EscapeMap.JPG (54.8 KB, 20 views)
Old 02-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #49

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Allow me to recommend one of the easiest, most comfortable potties we found for our previous trailers. Not easy to find and not cheap but one of the best (and we tried several) units. Fiamma ( like the awnings) Bi-pot. Sometimes we wish we kept this and gotten an A either the 15 or the 17.

Fiamma Inc. - Products
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:49 PM   #50

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Jane View Post
It would be great if the Owners Map would provide this information, but it's obviously incomplete. Only thirteen Escape 15 trailers are identified.
Since many Escape owners will not join this forum, and many of those who join will choose not to list themselves on the map, the map listing will always be incomplete. With 199 of over 1000 trailers represented, I'm impressed by how many are in the list, but it still won't give a reliable indication of proportions of production.

Given that the map list twice as many 19' (in production since 2009) as 17' (in production since the start in 2003), I suspect that it is biased to trailers which were purchased more recently, by people who have joined the forum since the map was established (and I don't know when that was).

At least we know at least 16 of the 15' model were built! (13 in the list, 3 more available from ETI).

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote