2016/2017 Escape News - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2016, 11:14 PM   #61

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Would it not be a nice surprise ETI decided to give the few Canadians "caught in the pickle" a 40% discount...... (just a thought)
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #62

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Wish they would hurry up an announce the new production schedule! I am trying to manage my retirement exit date around when I'll get my trailer. The suspense is killing me. As soon as I know I have a production date my attitude about things will improve tremendously.......
Old 02-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #63

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Que Sera, Sera
someplace, someone mentioned middle of March....
Old 02-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #64

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
They have said late spring for production schedule. They said they needed about six weeks on the molds.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:26 AM   #65

Trailer: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
I hope they will give the date and time a couple of weeks in advance as to when they will open orders with the stipulation that they will not take or use any contacts for a new trailer order or deposit before then. At least that way, everyone will know the day and can put in a deposit instead of trying to constantly check every day.
I agree that advance notice is desirable, but it seems to me that doing it first-come-first-serve would be a nightmare for all concerned. After all we are talking about half a year's worth of orders at recent capacity. It is also likely to leave hard feelings for those getting busy signals (and I sure wouldn't want to be having to field all of them).

Since there is no basis to treat one buyer over another, why not treat everyone the same? Make it a lottery, with a window of time to enter with the deposit. This would allow deposit taking to be done without rush or stress; after, say, 2-4 weeks hold the lottery. Then return to FCFS process. The period for taking deposits (with or without a lottery) could be delayed some time after the new design is described in order for customers to have time to think about it rather than dive for the phone. This would also allow time for ETI to work with converting (or not) the 2016 orders without having to field new orders simultaneously.

Sorry for telling you how to do things...

Greg
CarinaPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:32 AM   #66

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Not a bad position for a business to be in when you have to hold a lottery for folks to get in line for $30,000 trailers.

Anther option might be to adjust the price to find and maintain the equilibrium of demand and supply. Right now demand far exceeds supply, and ETI is attempting to adjust supply to meet demand.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:40 PM   #67

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I doubt they need a lottery but with a new shell, no telling until we see it!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:13 PM   #68

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
has anyone decided to opt for 2017 redo who had ordered 2016? ....waiting to hear what timing might be.....and we have many trips planned
crnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:19 PM   #69

Trailer: none as of yet
We went to look through the units at ETI today. We were told one change will be an electric awning. Not sure if that will be an option, or standard.
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #70

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Interesting, the awning is so simple on the Escape, at least on our 19, not sure I would want that. I can put it up or down myself probably faster than an electric would deploy. I am looking at one of those pvc tube awning protectors for when it is in storage. Out in AZ the sun will burn up exposed awning material faster than normal.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:04 PM   #71

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
I don't think I'd want an electric awning - unless it also has a manual setting, for boondocking/camping off the grid.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:43 PM   #72

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Wind protection would be nice.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:59 AM   #73

Some electric awnings have automatic "dump" feature where water that accumulates on it will automatically be lowered and run off and some have high wind closures. But these are more electric issues that can go wrong. If the new model has a built in storage box or aluminum wrap for protection (similar to the Airstream) that may well be the plus side.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:45 AM   #74

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
Just heard from Sarah, the following," we will only have the 19’ available to enter production by June. At this time there is no word on when the 2017 model of the 21’ will be ready to enter production."

and," As your trailer enters production in May it is highly unlikely that any of our new molds will be ready at this time. I completely respect the fact that it puts our customers in a predicament, having to choose between the old and the new blindly. Should you decide to cancel your order and wait for the 2017 we would completely understand. Should you cancel, your deposit will be transferable up to one year after your cancellation. When we open the 2017 production schedule, hopefully in April, we would be more than happy to transfer your deposit to next year’s production Calendar. This would place you in a first come first serve que with completion dates at the earliest being January 2017."
crnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #75

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
That makes good sense, and is certainly a good way to do it. If you want to wait for the new model, you can cancel and just move to the back of the existing line of customers, before any new orders are taken. This will no doubt move others that were further back in production ahead if they prefer the existing model.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #76

Trailer: pondering.....
Just guessing…but with the additional production facility space and New molds for 2017 models, that if someone who has a 2016 delivery and switches to a 2017 mold… then that is how they will possibly free up some additional 2016 production slots using the current capacity of 2016 molds. All of which would be very good news!
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #77

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
It's a pretty tricky situation for everyone -- especially someone so unlaid back like me -- so I'm glad I don't have these choices. If you stay with your original date and choice then you might find out that you passed up some change that you really would have liked. But if you decide to go with the new mold without really knowing what the changes are, then you could find yourself spending more money for changes that you didn't really care about. And Escape has to try to keep everyone happy with their choices. I think it will all work out, but I'm starting to understand all the things I've heard over the years about the challenges to a business when it is expanding.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #78

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
But the good thing is that Escape is being more than fair in terms of people who do want to wait....

And in 6 weeks or less, all will be revealed. So everyone can decide.

We are lucky in that we have not ordered yet - and are able to wait to 2017 to pick up a 21'

We have our Casita. And are a long long way from retiring. So no crisis.

Cool thread, by the way

My bet is that the front storage bin gets designed into the shell

And the roof changed to better do solar.

No other guesses.

:-)
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #79

I think the windows and inside table will have changes also....
Old 02-03-2016, 03:39 PM   #80

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Guessing something in the roof moulds for more solar panel security and a possible layout change in the 21 ...maybe door adjustment to reverse the floorplan or maybe not .....