2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 11 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 08:38 PM   #201
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Forgot interesting you mentioned the new frameless Windows as well as the awning ,after 1 year my brother had to have all the frameless Windows on his Winnebago replaced on his Class A because of problems . There is lots of information out there on these items anyone can find them . I can only speak for watching my brother having issues with these newer items . As for the door since I have experience with that . Pita. The slider is a lot better . I really don't care for the looks that are coming ,but that is just my opinion. Other may love it , nothing wrong with that . Bigger fresh water tank is great , lights etc. , some improvements . Instead of those items a better maybe aluminum frame and better step would of been better to improve . The Classic is a very nice looking trailer . I really don't think seeing this choice , I would of purchased . Really don't like it's look . That being said , I don't want to put anyone down who likes this new 2017 . It is good we all don't think alike . I was waiting for improvements and I am disappointed . If it was up to me I would grab the 2016 's . That is just my opinion. Pat
Pat,
My wife and I feel the same over a year just hoping and waiting to order our new 2017 Escape dream trailer.We are just heart broken, not sure what the 5.0ta will actually look like ? guess will find out soon enough.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:43 PM   #202

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinKnocker View Post
Pat,
My wife and I feel the same over a year just hoping and waiting to order our new 2017 Escape dream trailer.We are just heart broken, not sure what the 5.0ta will actually look like ? guess will find out soon enough.
They'll look pretty much like what you're seeing on the 19'. Same type of windows, awning, door, straight sides, etc.

Maybe someone with a 2016 on order that's due soon might want the 2017 instead. Then they'd need to cancel their 2016 and get in line for the 2017. Might be worth putting up a post about that on this forum (such as "wanting an on-order 2016 version") and contacting ETI about it as well. I imagine not all of the buyers are on this forum. Heck if I know about the logistics of it or the monetary aspect. Hey, you never know until you try!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #203
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
That a great idea NW Cat Owner. Thank You.
Steve and Carmen
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #204

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Maybe someone with a 2016 on order that's due soon might want the 2017 instead. Then they'd need to cancel their 2016 and get in line for the 2017.
They just get moved to the back of the existing 2016 queue if the opportunity to swap is not there yet.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:58 PM   #205

Trailer: Escape 21' Feb 2017
I really like the clean lines of the 2017....and the new features. While several have voiced concerns about the quality of windows and the awning, I am sure a great deal of time and research went into selecting them therefore, I am going to assume (hope?) that we will not be disappointed.
Cslcs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:57 PM   #206

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19' - 2013 Chevy Silverado
After talking to Reace and viewing the trailer.......we are confident that everyone who jumps aboard would appreciate the hard work/ thought that went into the changes. Their was three adults in the trailer and the new windows were nice ( we didn't know much about them before) they are cool Plenty of air flow and that was without the max fan. They aren't good for passing beer through.We don't have pictures cause we had our hands tied! Just kidding. The door was easy enough to operate.....and seemed very sturdy. Like most people the flatter outside takes a bit of getting use to......but it grows one you very quickly......if in the market we wouldn't hesitate to order one. 😀
Old 03-22-2016, 10:21 PM   #207

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
How can you be certain the make and model of the door in the Escape is the same as the one you have?
Well Jim, I could be wrong. However, all the RV screen doors I've seen are made the same. They all sandwich to the outer door and have a latch that either holds it to the outer door or allows the screen door to stay shut when the outer door is open. And since you have to reach through the screen door to open or shut the outer door there has to be an access hole which is usually covered up with a slider to keep the bugs out. All this makes for a really dysfunctional door design. Again, I could be wrong...but I bet not.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:28 PM   #208

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Driver View Post
From the side by side pictures it looks like the new one slopes up a bit in the back behind the wheels to the bumper. May be nice to have that extra inch or two of clearance pulling in and out of driveways/gas stations.
I hadn't noticed that, but the taper is certainly there - front and rear - and wasn't there in the original body. I like that.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:44 PM   #209

What worries more than anything is quality control. If Escape is expanding their production as well as changing the design and components then they have three or more variables to cover. Plus more production is more through-put which means hiring new people. So I'm really curious how Escape will manage to maintain a high quality product with all this going on. Usually with this much change quality drops...hopefully not since this seems like a good company.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:01 PM   #210

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19' - 2013 Chevy Silverado
We have dealt with ETI since fall of 2012.....we have had nothing but great service and the highest quality. Today we picked up our 19' and it seems to be made with the same quality our 15' was made with previous. The changes were all well thought out and researched and they still stand behind their product.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:03 PM   #211

Trailer: pondering.....
well if the new awning turns out to be a dud (like some other users on the web have posted) maybe Escape can retrofit a "retractable flexible solar panel array" or a "linear magneto flux induction solar wind turbine power generator" in its place in the fiberglass cutout in Escapes new body design....all from the same engineer who designed the new awning!
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:19 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
We have dealt with ETI since fall of 2012.....we have had nothing but great service and the highest quality. Today we picked up our 19' and it seems to be made with the same quality our 15' was made with previous. The changes were all well thought out and researched and they still stand behind their product.

Time will tell and hopefully you are correct. But companies are just like stocks....past performance does not guarantee future results. Lets just hope that despite all we read about the changes, etc that it all works out well.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:22 PM   #213

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by advenas View Post
... all the RV screen doors I've seen are made the same. They all sandwich to the outer door and have a latch that either holds it to the outer door or allows the screen door to stay shut when the outer door is open. And since you have to reach through the screen door to open or shut the outer door there has to be an access hole which is usually covered up with a slider to keep the bugs out. All this makes for a really dysfunctional door design.
I agree - except that I wouldn't call it dysfunctional... it just has its challenges. Overall, it's a clever solution to the problem that most RVs don't have room to have a door swinging inward.

They key to making this work is that access hole, and the cover is not always the slickest design. Just remember to close it when using just the screen door.

The quality of the component parts varies, and worst of them are problematic. The original latch that holds the screen door of our motorhome closed, when the main door is open, was a piece of junk which barely held on when we were lucky. A few dollars and two screws later, we had a vastly better latch and no problems since.

The other problem we had was that the gas strut which holds the main door open (no place for a regular holdback on this RV) got weak, which allowed the door to swing closed, which latched the screen door onto the main door (and release the screen from the door frame), so the whole mess would swing open letting the cat out. Should be no problem with a normal holdback (and isn't anymore with my new gas strut). I'm sure Reace will make the setup on Escapes work smoothly.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:30 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenas View Post
What worries more than anything is quality control. If Escape is expanding their production as well as changing the design and components then they have three or more variables to cover. Plus more production is more through-put which means hiring new people. So I'm really curious how Escape will manage to maintain a high quality product with all this going on. Usually with this much change quality drops...hopefully not since this seems like a good company.
thought about what you posted also... one thing for sure is Escapes overhead is about to go up and the need for more sales to sustain it!
Old 03-22-2016, 11:35 PM   #215

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
well if the new awning turns out to be a dud (like some other users on the web have posted) maybe Escape can retrofit a "retractable flexible solar panel array" or a "linear magneto flux induction solar wind turbine power generator" in its place in the fiberglass cutout in Escapes new body design....all from the same engineer who designed the new awning!
Or see if the manual option of that awning will fit there.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:36 PM   #216

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
So much conjecture and confusion going on in this thread. I understand the comments on the look of the new body (which I think is great, btw) but maybe tone down the hysteria on all the components which Reace has yet to post info about. I hope he is laughing and not rolling his eyes. Maybe he's doing both.

My mother says if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. [emoji854]
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:38 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
They just get moved to the back of the existing 2016 queue if the opportunity to swap is not there yet.
Tammy had posted something about how if you're wanting a 2017 trailer but you're too far ahead in the queue to change over, you'll need to cancel your 2016 order and order the 2017 on April 1st along with everyone else. That's what I was referring to in my post about someone maybe taking over that original 2016 order. I didn't pay super close attention to that comment or ask for further information as I know we're far enough down the queue that we can choose either style and we'll be okay, timing-wise.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:41 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I agree - except that I wouldn't call it dysfunctional... it just has its challenges. Overall, it's a clever solution to the problem that most RVs don't have room to have a door swinging inward.

They key to making this work is that access hole, and the cover is not always the slickest design. Just remember to close it when using just the screen door.

The quality of the component parts varies, and worst of them are problematic. The original latch that holds the screen door of our motorhome closed, when the main door is open, was a piece of junk which barely held on when we were lucky. A few dollars and two screws later, we had a vastly better latch and no problems since.

The other problem we had was that the gas strut which holds the main door open (no place for a regular holdback on this RV) got weak, which allowed the door to swing closed, which latched the screen door onto the main door (and release the screen from the door frame), so the whole mess would swing open letting the cat out. Should be no problem with a normal holdback (and isn't anymore with my new gas strut). I'm sure Reace will make the setup on Escapes work smoothly.

I agree with all of the above. Although I'm at war with my screen door on my truck camper. This is due to the fact it truly let me down me down one night. It was raining out and I had left the outside door open. Rather than get wet I thought I'd be smooth and reach through the screen door opening for the outside door handle. Now pop up truck camper doors are only about 36-40 inches high so you have to bend over to get in/out. As I bent over and stuck my arm through the screen door to grab the outside door that damn screen door latch let go and I went pitch-poling out the door and off the back of the truck into the rain and mud. Now this is a 3/4 ton truck so I had got in almost a complete flip before landing. And quite honestly if I hadn't had several drinks I might have hurt myself.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:50 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
So much conjecture and confusion going on in this thread. I understand the comments on the look of the new body (which I think is great, btw) but maybe tone down the hysteria on all the components which Reace has yet to post info about. I hope he is laughing and not rolling his eyes. Maybe he's doing both.

My mother says if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. [emoji854]
no disrespect and not disagreeing with you..but assuming Escape is customer driven..as a newbie to the forum and researching the possibility of purchasing this thing...have yet to find the threads where the customers requested the frame-less windows and the power awning with no supports...
regardless of whether the changes were customer driven..no doubts that a few hundred customers can easily be found to buy into the changes and the 2016 moulds can always be kept in storage just in case.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:11 AM   #220

there are two interesting videos on YouTube with regard to the Dometic awning assuming its the same awning as used on the new Escape

search YouTube for "Dometic Premium Awning Stress Test"
and "Dometic Awnings Electric Auto Retracting Premium Awning"

somewhat reassuring and somewhat scary...