2017 19' Exterior Photos - Page 12 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-23-2016, 12:20 AM   #221

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
there are two interesting videos on YouTube with regard to the Dometic awning assuming its the same awning as used on the new Escape

search YouTube for "Dometic Premium Awning Stress Test"
and "Dometic Awnings Electric Auto Retracting Premium Awning"

somewhat reassuring and somewhat scary...
That was some video! Actually pretty impressive. I have to wonder though...if you're batteries were low would it self-retract in a wind storm? Looks like it might survive it though......
Old 03-23-2016, 12:22 AM   #222

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinKnocker View Post
That a great idea NW Cat Owner. Thank You.
Steve and Carmen
TinKnocker , I second what Laura has recommended . I am keeping my fingers crossed for you . You never know . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:21 AM   #223
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Thank You Pat, You are very kind.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:14 AM   #224

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
no disrespect and not disagreeing with you..but assuming Escape is customer driven..as a newbie to the forum and researching the possibility of purchasing this thing...have yet to find the threads where the customers requested the frame-less windows and the power awning with no supports...
regardless of whether the changes were customer driven..no doubts that a few hundred customers can easily be found to buy into the changes and the 2016 moulds can always be kept in storage just in case.
Freespirit,
If you ever do purchase a new trailer with the conventional windows you will realize immediately some of the pitfalls associated with them. The excess butyl tape will continue to seep and turn black creating black streaks on your shiny white walls. In the winter the metal frames will suck the cold air inside, creating frost on your window frames which when heated will drip onto your mattress, clothes and yourself.
Requesting changes is/was not an option. Frameless windows and automatic awnings are taking over the rv industry as they did on the European models already. It is called progress and Escape, like any other consumer driven business, is participating. Eventually your frame windows will become a relic as more manufacturers switch. Similar to Atwood changing the furnace, Hehr windows maybe fazing out the metal units. Change is good, particularly when the existing units do not meet your needs.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:40 AM   #225
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The excess butyl tape will continue to seep and turn black creating black streaks on your shiny white walls. In the winter the metal frames will suck the cold air inside, creating frost on your window frames which when heated will drip onto your mattress, clothes and yourself.
I respectfully disagree butyl is what causes black streaks on windows. Otherwise, why would I have those same black streaks on the entire length of the awning when it's rolled up? If you're concerned about black streaks on your trailer, what causes them and how to easily remove... Google is your friend.

"Winter" is subjective when it comes to temperature. I camped in January when the temps where in the mid-30s at night and had zero issues with "frost" on the windows. Besides, maybe the future purchaser of the trailer is more concerned about camping in the heat rather than the low teens, etc.

Frankly, I don't see frame-less windows as being the end-all. Both types of windows have their plus/minus. It's up to the purchaser to decide needs.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:43 AM   #226

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I have a 2013 19 footer, in looking at the new design I see that escape has fixed and improved some areas that will make the trailer more flexible in the future.
The straighter side has allowed for a door that will be tighter and allow for any number of door, fridge and window options, also possible window placement. It appears the awning mounting area has been reworked which should also allow for more options. The key point I'm making is that windows, awnings, etc are bolt on items and can be changed. Seems like they looked at the short coming of the current design and improved those areas which will allow for more options in the bolt on parts going forward. I'm sure there are many other improvements the new design is making for the build out process. I trust that they will spec parts that are good quality and if one proves not to be so they can spec another part that will.
For me I'll wait and see about the components, but one thing for sure, if the new fridge doesn't work well they can go to many other options with the new door.

Dave
dave1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:02 AM   #227

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by advenas View Post
Well Jim, I could be wrong. However, all the RV screen doors I've seen are made the same. They all sandwich to the outer door and have a latch that either holds it to the outer door or allows the screen door to stay shut when the outer door is open. And since you have to reach through the screen door to open or shut the outer door there has to be an access hole which is usually covered up with a slider to keep the bugs out. All this makes for a really dysfunctional door design. Again, I could be wrong...but I bet not.
I guess time will tell on the one that Escape uses. I wish I had of looked at it closer when I was there. All I remember is how well it worked with the screen built in. The one in my previous stick built was a pain in the butt for a few reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
So much conjecture and confusion going on in this thread. I understand the comments on the look of the new body (which I think is great, btw) but maybe tone down the hysteria on all the components which Reace has yet to post info about. I hope he is laughing and not rolling his eyes. Maybe he's doing both.

My mother says if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. [emoji854]
This is a GREAT post, and an extremely accurate take on the threads proceedings.

I am going with the eyes rolling option.
Quote:
no disrespect and not disagreeing with you..but assuming Escape is customer driven..as a newbie to the forum and researching the possibility of purchasing this thing...have yet to find the threads where the customers requested the frame-less windows and the power awning with no supports...
regardless of whether the changes were customer driven..no doubts that a few hundred customers can easily be found to buy into the changes and the 2016 moulds can always be kept in storage just in case.
The windows are an Escape driven change, in their attempt to improve their trailers with some newer technology, and IMHO MUCH better looks. Hopefully it helps some too with the condensation build-up we saw in our colder temps on the inside of the old frames.

There are a few changes they have adopted over the years driven by customer requests, especially on the smaller items. Things like the 2" receiver on the back, as most people were requesting it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:33 AM   #228

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
From how people are describing the new screen door it sounds like the one we had on our Airstream and that is one feature I've missed on the Escape. Everything about that door was more convenient -- I've knocked the screen out of the Escape door several times and almost walked through it a couple of times. If we had small kids traveling with us the screen door would have been a real problem.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:42 AM   #229

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
It would be interesting from a marketing standpoint if on April 1 new purchasers could choose the new style or for $4k, or whatever less, the "classic." ETI is going to run dual model production the rest of 2016, so could extend it for first quarter 2017 and see how sales drive. Might be an accidental discovery that having two styles to offer makes things expand even further.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:30 AM   #230

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Freespirit,
If you ever do purchase a new trailer with the conventional windows you will realize immediately some of the pitfalls associated with them. The excess butyl tape will continue to seep and turn black creating black streaks on your shiny white walls. In the winter the metal frames will suck the cold air inside, creating frost on your window frames which when heated will drip onto your mattress, clothes and yourself.
Requesting changes is/was not an option. Frameless windows and automatic awnings are taking over the rv industry as they did on the European models already. It is called progress and Escape, like any other consumer driven business, is participating. Eventually your frame windows will become a relic as more manufacturers switch. Similar to Atwood changing the furnace, Hehr windows maybe fazing out the metal units. Change is good, particularly when the existing units do not meet your needs.
Jim haven't experienced the Windows dripping with kitchen window opened and Max fan running and have had to be in cold temps many times . As for the butyl , once a year a plastic card removes very easily if inclined . The black dirt streaks come from the roof down to Windows . If I have that ,a few minutes fix with good wax and it's gone . I find if trailer has a good coat of wax it isn't much of a problem . No matter what RV you have you are going to have that problem unless you constantly clean your roof . Hence Black streak remover we used to have to buy . As for the the awning instead of Dometic would of been happy with a Fiamma awning with supports . If we are making all this great changes ,what about your frame having to keep painting . How about aluminum frame . More stainless . The step needs work . Really glad still have the older furnace on trailer . How about changing to new drop in stove tops with glass flush tops inside ? Look as I have said before some will be crazy for the new look and that is Ok . We just aren't really crazy with some of these changes and that should also be ok . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #231

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
It would be interesting from a marketing standpoint if on April 1 new purchasers could choose the new style or for $4k, or whatever less, the "classic." ETI is going to run dual model production the rest of 2016, so could extend it for first quarter 2017 and see how sales drive. Might be an accidental discovery that having two styles to offer makes things expand even further.
second that thought....
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:06 AM   #232

Quote:
Freespirit,
thanks for the info...does that mean that windows with white trim frames as seen on other trailers do not have the black streak issue?...
Old 03-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #233

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
So much conjecture and confusion going on in this thread. I understand the comments on the look of the new body (which I think is great, btw) but maybe tone down the hysteria on all the components which Reace has yet to post info about. I hope he is laughing and not rolling his eyes. Maybe he's doing both.

My mother says if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. [emoji854]

I've tried to read this thread and not comment, but the amount of negativism about changes Reace is making, as you say, mostly based on conjecture alone is reaching absurd levels.

It's one thing for actual owners of Escape trailers to make posts about problems they've had (which to my mind and in my ownership experience are few compared to most any other RV) But non-owners seem to be coming here, reading every individual problem Escape owners have experience and then extrapolating that into an assumption that every Escape is going to come with every one of those problems.

One of the main things that drew me to ETI over the "other brand" fiberglass trailer we owned previously is that Reace is constantly looking to improve his products. My communications with the other manufacturer each got basically the constant reply of essentially "we've alway done it that way".

The history of ETI has been one of constant improvement and with that comes change. If you want a fiberglass trailer that is going to be the same year after year, with shortcomings never improved, then ETI is not the place to be shopping.

P.S. As much as some people might want the old screen door style, Reace says it is being discontinued by the manufacturer and will no longer be available.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:24 AM   #234

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Not my impression- starting counting it up and about 1/3 the way through it was something like 17-2 positive vs. negative. Many neutral comments or questions or I like my classic better, but on the whole overwhelmingly positive I think.

I agree that you have to take with a grain of salt folks out there without real-wold excitement of owning an Escape
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #235

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post

I've tried to read this thread and not comment, but the amount of negativism about changes Reace is making, as you say, mostly based on conjecture alone is reaching absurd levels.

It's one thing for actual owners of Escape trailers to make posts about problems they've had (which to my mind and in my ownership experience are few compared to most any other RV) But non-owners seem to be coming here, reading every individual problem Escape owners have experience and then extrapolating that into an assumption that every Escape is going to come with every one of those problems.

One of the main things that drew me to ETI over the "other brand" fiberglass trailer we owned previously is that Reace is constantly looking to improve his products. My communications with the other owner each got basically the constant reply of essentially "we've alway done it that way".

The history of ETI has been one of constant improvement and with that comes change. If you want a fiberglass trailer that is going to be the same year after year, with shortcomings never improved, then ETI is not the place to be shopping.

P.S. As much as some people might want the old screen door style, Reace says it is being discontinued by the manufacturer and will no longer be available.

I also noticed that people who don't own an Escape seem to post the longest posts and some seem to go out of their way to research problems with window, awnings etc. online and then complain about a product they don't even have.

I have always found in the end most things that ETI does was done for a reason and has always been in the best interest of the trailer, company and customer. Sorry rant over. [emoji848] I think.

Cheers
Doug
Old 03-23-2016, 11:43 AM   #236

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thumbs up

Where is the "like" button when you need it....
Old 03-23-2016, 11:56 AM   #237

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post

One of the main things that drew me to ETI over the "other brand" fiberglass trailer we owned previously is that Reace is constantly looking to improve his products. My communications with the other manufacturer each got basically the constant reply of essentially "we've alway done it that way".

Well said ........

Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #238

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
I also noticed that people who don't own an Escape seem to post the longest posts and some seem to go out of their way to research problems with window, awnings etc. online and then complain about a product they don't even have.
I resemble that remark!

I had noticed before I ordered my trailer that some folks didn't like it when posts were made by people that hadn't ordered. I thought it would be better after I ordered. But I guess not. Will it change when I actually get the trailer? Maybe, but who knows. Heck, I've also noticed that once some folks get this trailer, they're never here any longer or at least as much as they used to. I'm kind of looking forward to that concept as that means I won't have time on my hands as I'll be out using the thing. Plus, I won't need this forum for researching what I need for my trailer, which is how many use it.

And you know what, there's nothing wrong with researching a new item and reading what others have experienced with said product. Kind of like reading the reviews on Amazon before you purchase. If I had found positive remarks about the awning, I would have posted that as well. But, I didn't.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:19 PM   #239

Trailer: 2014 19'
If ETI waited and put out the pictures, specs, and features when the entire 'package' was complete then people would have the information they need and ask less questions.

People who are potential a Escape purchasers have every right to discuss their questions and concerns on this Forum. Let's remember This Forum is not "owned" by ETI or Escape trailer owners.

And .. All of the posts I have read are much more civil then the US Presidential Debates ....
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #240

Great news..
"Thank you for your email.
After taking your idea to Reace, we have decided to offer the window packages as single pane non-thermal, double glazed thermal with extra insulation, and new frameless double glazed with extra insulation, on the 2017 models. The extra insulation is automatically paired with both double glazed windows in all 2017 models. Hopefully this will make everybody happy. J
Customer Service"

now that is "customer driven" !!
this potential customer is back in the line for a 2017 and very happy!